Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

+12
neon kun
Bakura
TheFirstKnight
KarateKeyaQ
SammyTheBootlegger
Shadow Raver
Kai
Ghost
Yoyo
Mikel
Destinykil
quater
16 posters

Q's Anime/Manga List

quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 15 Empty Re: Q's Anime/Manga List

Post by quater Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:02 pm

Sadhbh wrote:Yes Sadbhahsla finds u argumentantive haha (jk)

In the same way as H.P. Lovecrafts work has negative racial tones due to racial attitude at the time, a reflection of the society he grew up in. THe same is said for Gintama. It doesnt imply it, just like modern Japan doesnt imply it, but it is a negative underlying tone that i would say is probally to subtle for Japanese readers or even the author to see, since they grew up in this culture.

I am annoyed by every country that has problems with race or human rights, but minority racist are different to country that have racism due to unknowns. Ireland has like 95% irish people, with the majority of the remaining 5% being being more europeans. Yet i would see more racism to the black population, not volient racism just more bitching lol ANd this is the same as in Japan but worst as its 1.5% non japanese with 1.2 of that being Asian and they had recent occupation of foriegn armies (still to this day) due to the war. Which adds to mild angry by some of the population

Finally on a serious note, at spanking i hope i missread that as spanking is stupid, no sane human uses pain as a motivation tool. I was spanked and i turned out fine is not a good reason as both my nieces and nephew are not spanked and they are fine too. So really it boils down to if u want to inflict pain to teach or use other punishments and explaination. I cant see the how hurting something that is weaker and trying to understand the world for the 1st time is good. U can teach a child that the fire is dangerous without sticking their hand in the fire and anyone that can hurt a child doesnt deserve to have one :(

I would hope u would reconsider this and maybe read the 100s of papers on this too.

So lol back to normal talk, i tried Beelzebub but didnt get tooo far into it and now ive like millions of other series to try

Neither did you misread that, nor do I think I am insane. Spanking is quick, effective, and it has nothing to do with wanting to a hurt a child. Don't take this the wrong way, but if you see spanking as merely wishing to inflict harm on a child then yes, you are correct that it is evil as wanting to harm a child is that. But if you really think that's what spanking is, then you're view of it is quite immaturely thought out. People do not spank their children out of a wish to harm them. They inflict a tiny amount of pain to teach the child discipline. Spanking doesn't really hurt. At all. Duh. And no, I've thought about this for about five minutes and it makes sense. I was spanked and I can definitely say that no emotional scars were left because of it. I'm not a complete wuss like that.

Beelzebub I failed at the first time I tried it. The manga was terrible, so I thought.

Then I watched the Anime and realized it was a comedy. I loved it after that. ^^

Almost finished catching up in Sket Dance.
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Male Posts : 53

Post by Sadhbh Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:29 pm

quater wrote:
    Spanking is quick, effective, and it has nothing to do with wanting to a hurt a child.

None of them are real reasons, quick...really i would like to think people would put some effort into raising kids. Effective is cancelled out cause there are many effective ways. Not wanting to hurt a child while spanking them is contradiction, if there was only one method of discipline but there isnt. And the whole point is that u infilict enough pain to cause a child to think twice about doing it again. How is it that u think that its not wanting, of course u want to u just believe itll help them.

quater wrote:People do not spank their children out of a wish to harm them. They inflict a tiny amount of pain to teach the child discipline.

No they infict pain (pain is pain, dont justify pain by saying its a little when u dont need even a little which means nothing, whats a "little" pain that will insure that someone will never do something again lol) The ends never justifies the means, this is a basic rule for life. U dont do bad in the hopes that its for the greater good.

quater wrote:I was spanked and I can definitely say that no emotional scars were left because of it. I'm not a complete wuss like that.

Again thats a bad arguement, ive never been robbed before, so everyone should carry large amounts of money on u at all times.
    http://www.naturalchild.org/jan_hunt/tenreasons.html (some seem extreme but i think most are very real concerns, 1,3,5,9)

I feel that we discuss less about anime/manga wen we talk Q ^_^
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:51 pm

1. I'm sorry, I really doubt that, yo. "I was spanked as a kid, I obviously want to hit others >_>" people aren't that simple-minded, yo. Only progressives would think so, oiy.

3. What the heck? Really? Because a kid did something wrong, like take a cookie from the cookie jar, instead of learning the humane and effective way to deal with the situation, he decides to entertain revenge fantasies? What kind of kids are these? Most kids learn, "Ah, maybe I should listen when I'm told not to take the cookies." Or some such. Seriously.

Before I go onto 5, I'd like to point out that number 4 doesn't come from the Bible persay, but it can be clearly seen: Proverbs 13:24 and Proverbs 22:15 are pretty clearly saying use the rod of discipline.

5. Yeah.... you do realize people don't respect those whom do not punish their wrongdoing. When it comes to parenting, punishment is how one gets respect in some ways. Yes, if you over punish you will not be respected, obviously. But you also have to have a level of punishment. And children are not capable of fully grasping emotional complexities, duh. We adults barely are. Spanking is something they can very clearly understand, though. "It hurts, I don't want to do it again," and that is that. The level of "revenge fantasy" or whatever is over by, what, dinner time? Was this study written by actual psychologists or doctored people? How can smart people be so dumb?

9. These reasons are so clearly unstudied its silly. They're just making up whatever they think sounds good to explain why we should get rid of spanking. Frankly, and this may be a surprise, but kids and human beings aren't that fragile, yo. We can handle a spanking without suddenly losing the ability to have compassion.

Anywho, the rest of your stuff is just, oiy. I don't think we're going to see eye to eye on this one at all.

Yeah, we do, huh? That's fine, haha. There's lots of interesting viewpoints to be had, but maybe we should drop this one, since I don't think we're gonna get anywhere, haha. ^^
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:02 pm

I caught up on Sket Dance! Huzzah! I am all caught up in my Animes and Mangas.
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Male Posts : 400

Post by TheFirstKnight Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:12 pm

I see there's a wall of text that I will skip.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:42 am

It happens when I'm around, ya know. ^^
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Post by TheFirstKnight Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:26 pm

It is amusing that this little debate started in an anime list thread. This went from a debate about the depiction of foreigners in Gintama to spanking.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:36 pm

That's a Q thread for you. ^^;
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Most Q threads contain spanking??
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:06 am

If things are going well! Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 15 361951 Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 15 152512
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:24 pm

Finished Deadman Wonderland.

Geez, what an indecisive ending that was. Didn't feel like the series ended at all, golly.

I enjoyed it, but it was too fast paced/rushed, in my opinion. They put a story that easily could have expanded into 48 episodes into 12...

It should have been made longer. 24 episodes for sure would have been perfect.

Oh well. That was my only objection. Great Anime. Might even bother with the Manga of it, but not likely. ^^
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Hm... all caught up on everything and finished my new series, too. Feels weird, but woo. Edited my list to include my finished thoughts on No. 6 and Ao No Exorcist as well as my analysis of Anime 45, Deadman Wonderland.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:43 am

The new Gintama was epic. Who's surprised?
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:54 pm

Not I!!!
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:13 am

Mhm! Ah, Gintama. You always do! :)
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Always do...?? Win?! You bet.
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Post by TheFirstKnight Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:06 am

I hear good things about Gintama and I have been thinking of picking it up but it is frickin' 200+ episodes, I am barely on episode 200 of One Piece, so I think I will pass.
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu
    Grunt

Male Posts : 164

Post by Amaterasu Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:44 am

wow, you have watched a lot of anime. A lot of .hack as well. I think I've only seen legend of the twilight or signs.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:59 am

That's understandable, TFK, but once you're all caught up in OP, definitely give it a shot.
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Post by TheFirstKnight Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:26 pm

I doubt I will catch up on One Piece anytime soon, I think it has taken over two years to get to episode 200.
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu
    Grunt

Post by Amaterasu Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:44 pm

well if you can devote a week of one piece with nothing else to do you can catch up TFK. However, I bet you have some other things to do.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Post by Bakura Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:14 am

I've actually taken to reading the manga. But I'm not planning on it being finished anytime soon.
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu
    Grunt

Post by Amaterasu Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:10 pm

well it isn't like there is really any hurry to catch up and stuff. It is all about what you want to do
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Post by Bakura Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Every series I read anyway is filler, so it doesn't bother me. xP
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu
    Grunt