Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

4 posters

WOTNOPOLIS SHORT: Wheel Of Epic

quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

WOTNOPOLIS SHORT: Wheel Of Epic Empty WOTNOPOLIS SHORT: Wheel Of Epic

Post by quater Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Author's note: I watched an episode of Ergo Proxy with a gameshow and I was like, "If a super freaking serious story like Ergo Proxy has one, what would a WOTNOPOLIS one look like?" And this is what I came up with.
    WOTNOPOLIS SHORT: Wheel Of Epic
    “Hello! And hello all!” Titan’s voice boomed over a microphone to the crowd of cheering fans. “This is the one and only Titanic Game show sensation, Wheel of EPIC!”
    “What the heck is going on?” Q asked as he looked around the room. He squinted his eyes as he looked at the brightly lit studio. He was standing behind a small gaming podium with a mic pointing at him. A crowd filled the stands watching staring at them.
    “I don’t really know,” Q looked to his right and saw Yoyo standing there. “Did you sign us up for a Game show?”
    “After how ridiculous you guys acted around SG I’m not signing us up for anything else that’ll get us on TV,” Q answered her.
    “You!” Yoyo dashed across the stage toward another contestant. “Are dead!”
    Titan grabbed Yoyo and swung her in a in a circle back toward her spot. “No fighting except in the competition, guys!” she cheered. “It looks like we have a lively bunch here with us today everyone! Everyone who’s just tuning in welcome to the number one gameshow in WOTNOPOLIS, Wheel of EPIC! So let’s get to introducing the contestants. These guys went through a year of trials to defeat the other thousand contestants but we're finally down to four.”
    "Wait, we did?" Yoyo asked.
    Q didn’t realize there was a light above his head until it glowed blue. “Our first contestant is Q! Leader of the Eagle gang and Cherry Coke connoisseur.”
    A yellow light flashed above Yoyo’s head. She glared at the contestant sitting to her right as Titan continued. “We have Yoyo as well! Demonic magic sword samurai and Leader of the Women are better than Men reading club.”
    A green light flashed and Titan continued. “Punkfilter is the third contestant up today. He’s part of the evil three and works for TFK. His hobbies include, uh, wearing suits.”
    A pink light flashed above a fourth head. “And our final contestant is uh, 5?”
    Q dashed across the room but was tossed back by Titan. “Oh, Q - I hope you fall into a pit of tigers covered in hot sauce - it’s been a while, eh?”
    “Yeah, 5 - I hope you swallow a crab hole and choke to death - I’ve missed you, lately, no? Let’s do our best here to win the gameshow. That way we can decide who the best is in WOTNOPOLIS. A gangster or a, what are you again, a pedestrian?”
    “Thug! I’m a thug. Far tougher than any gangsters,” 5 snapped.
    “That’s right! You’re The Hug! Yes, you sound very tough. Anytime it’s a cloudy day The Hug is there to bring some warmth!” Q sang.
    “I said Thug! You guys heard, me right?” 5 looked at the others.
    “Tch,” Yoyo smirked. PF shook his head before looking away.
    “What the heck kinda response is that? Why are you all looking down on me?” 5 whined.
    “It sounds like the contestants are getting along really well,” Titan smiled into the camera. “Hopefully that sense of camaraderie can be broken by the grueling and non-survivable Wheel of EPIC! Brought to you by Titanium Co & Inc. The number one place for all your weapon needs!”
    “Sense of camaraderie? Unsurvivable? What the heck kind of show are you on?” 5 yelled.
    “Titanium Co & Inc? Please. I get my swords from Extra Cursed Weaponry. Much cheaper and longer lasting,” Yoyo rolled her eyes.
    Titan appeared in front of her. “You take that back! You know those guys are a bunch of crooks! They over charge everything and they put much less love into their products.”
    “Puh-lease. Their prices are higher because the quality is much better! I don’t see lightning coming out of your weapons? And their workers are more friendly!” Yoyo snapped. “I mean sure I had to kill them to take the weapons but that only made me stronger.”
    “I keep my workers in the country! I like to support good ole hard working WOTNOPOLISIANS!” Titan growled. “Sorry my clientele isn’t rich like theirs. I like to service this country’s working poor and children, instead! They’re the ones that really need weapons.”
    “What the heck kind of argument are you guys having!?” 5 asked.
    “Alright, the questionnaire portion,” Titan said as she glared at Yoyo.
    “Boy, she’s really mad at you,” Q said as he watched the gameshow host in her suit glare at Yoyo.
    “You’re imagining things, Q,” Yoyo said and looked back at Titan. Q watched as a skull and cross bones appeared over Yoyo’s face on a nearby TV screen.
    “No, I don’t think I am,” Q whispered.
    “First question! You’ll write your responses down on the screens in front of you,” Titan said. “Who is the strongest person in WOTNOPOLIS? You have 30 seconds.”
    “Tch, easiest question ever,” each of them began scribbling.
    “Alright, and your answers?” Titan asked.
    Yoyo: Me
    Q: Me
    PF: Me
    5: Me
    “What a bunch of egotistical people!?” Titan fell back. “No, the correct answer is Titan.”
    “You’re even worse than us!” 5 snapped.
    “Tch, you think you’re strong, 5-please get shot to death someday soon, eh- ? Please. I don’t think bear hugs are a good finishing move,” Q laughed.
    “Whatever, Mary Q - I hope a tornado picks you up and throws you into an airplane engine -” 5 answered.
    “Why does everyone call me that?” Q mumbled.
    “Next question,” Titan thumped her microphone. “What causes the most fights in the city?”
    Yoyo: Stupid men
    PF: Someone getting dirt on my suit or hogging all the salt
    5: Some idiot taking the 3 liter cherry coke special >_>
    Q: Some idiot taking the 3 liter cherry coke special <_<
    “What the heck kind of answers are those?!” Titan asked. “And Q and 5, were you involved in the same fight or something? No, the correct answer is not having the biggest weapon in the city, courtesy of Titan-”
    “What is this just a giant commercial for you!?” 5 asked.
    “Alright, for this next question we got a person to come into the studio for us. Everyone should be able to recognize this guy, right?” Titan said as Little Shiro came out smiling. The crowd stared at him awkwardly and his smile faded.
    “Tell us what his name is,” Titan said. “This is a really easy one.”
    Q raised his hand. “I’m sorry, this question is unfair-”
    “No, it’s okay, I know we’ve known each other a while Q but just think of this as some extra points,” Shiro laughed.
    “-how are we supposed to know who this is?” Q asked.
    “Whaaaaat!?” Shiro yelled. “Are you kidding me? You don’t recognize me? Come on! We were together in a recent chapter and got your brother? We ran the 5 K together? You remember me, right? That was a joke, right?”
    “Wasn’t he a zombie in that one short?” Yoyo asked.
    “That’s all you can remember is that you thought I was a zombie!?” Shiro asked.
    “Time is up,” Titan stated. “Your answers?”
    Yoyo: Zombie-kun
    “I’m not a zombie!?”
    Q: Seshimazi?
    “What the heck!? Seriously?”
    PF: He’s not wearing a suit so who cares?
    “That’s not…I mean..”
    5: What is, Big Hero?
    “Who!?”
    Little Shiro hung his head low and walked off the stage.
    “Wow, 3 questions in and no one has gotten a point yet. Sorry, we were looking for Tea Cup Holder,” Titan answered.
    “Oh come on!” Shiro stomped out of the studio.
    “Who is the most annoying person in the city?” Titan asked.
    Q: The Hug
    5: Mary Q
    Yoyo: The Eagle gang, Punkfilter, and definitely Destinykil
    PF: Everyone can die for all I care…
    “Sorry, we were looking for Dark Raptor,” Titan said.
    “I had that but changed it,” Yoyo hit her head.
    “Objection,” Q raised his hand. “I couldn’t think clearly with that other contestant over there! He was purposefully trying to throw me off.”
    “What? If anything I’m the one who’s being purposefully distracted. Here I was minding my business and suddenly he’s attacking me,” 5 snapped.
    “I was minding my business the day Punkfilter killed all my friends but you don’t see me whining as much as you two,” Yoyo stated.
    "Way to make it awkward for everyone," PF said.
    “Next question, after that awkward bit by Yoyo,” Titan continued oblivious to the quarreling contestants. “What is amp?”
    Q: Eh, its uh, you know, that.
    5: Hm? In the Thug world we have a thing called Stamp?
    PF: ….(Sorry, BRB, I am going to go get a soda)
    Yoyo: Some cheat-crap. Not nearly as cool as having a demon and magic swords.
    “What the heck!?” 5 yelled. “PF just left during the middle of the gameshow?! And why is he writing like this is a game? I mean it is a gameshow but…”
    “Oh, some people finally got it right this time. PF and Yoyo were correct,” Titan said and a little 100 points showed up under their names on the TV screen.
    “How the heck was PF’s answer right!?” 5 yelled.
    “And wait, isn’t that negative 100 points? Is your grudge against what Yoyo said causing you to take away points even though she’s getting the right answers?” Q asked.
    “Who has the weirdest fighting style in WOTNOPOLIS?”
    Q: Uh, maybe Knssquad?
    5: Probably our thug friend skasmssaud
    Yoyo: These questions are not very objective are they…
    PF: Yo, I’m back. What’d I miss? And 5, don’t forget to heal.
    “What do you mean heal?” 5 looked over at PF who was nodding at him.
    “Sorry, we were looking for Renden. He fought with a giant fishing hook,” Titan said. “So only PF got that one right.”
    “Tch, like we can remember 50 chapters back. Besides, Bano fought him, so it‘s kinda like it never happened,” Q pointed out.
    “For once I agree with Q - Go cover yourself in Honey and jump into the Bear exhibit - that was a bad question,” 5 said.
    “Sorry, it was written in by someone named, ‘Double Kama user,’ but yeah, I agree. We’ll throw that one out,” Titan shrugged.
    Another negative 100 points was added under Yoyo’s name. “What the heck?” Yoyo asked.
    “And now time for a commercial break!” Titan smiled. “But be sure to come back soon for more on the Wheel of EPIC.”
    A young boy was walking down the street. He carried his books with him as he headed happily down the road. “Hey, its been a while, Mikel,” a girl waved over to him.
    He looked at her and smiled. “Yeah, it has,” he looked away and then handed her a piece of paper. “I, uh, held onto it all this time.”
    “You, you still have it?” she looked away. “The French fry wrapper I asked you to hold onto.”
    “Y-yeah,” Mikel shrugged as he kicked a rock down the street. “It was nothing, really.”
    “No,” the girl hugged him. “It means so much to me. That during your fight with lampstrodonus, the worst disease in history, you still held onto this French fry wrapper. Mikel, I missed you so much…”
    Coming soon to a theater near you. The childhood of Mikel. The side of the Third Mafia you never knew existed!
    “Mikel! Don’t fight with Venomu, you know you can’t win!” a young girl said as she wiped away tears. "He was the quarterback of the High School and has a nicer car than you! Just let it go."
    “Yeah, but I can’t lose….you!” a ridiculously buff man yelled as he flexed. “And I can’t lose this fight when I use a Titanium Inc & Co. Grade axe!”
    This is a work of fiction that could be real and is brought to you by Titanium Inc & Co,” A voice said in hyper speed.
    “Hey, isn’t that guy playing Mikel actually Arashi?” Q asked. “I guess after his fight he decided to try acting?”
    “It’s nice to see he’s finding a use for the steroid sized muscles he got from Venomu,” Yoyo said. “But I’m not into sappy romances. Too guy-centered.”
    “They’re coming!” a man yelled. As he ran down the street a horde of walking dead bodies followed behind him.
    “No way,” the neighbors yelled as screams echoed across the street. “Isn’t there anyway we can stop them?”
    “Of course we can! With this zombie bludgeoning weapon I got over at-”
    “Why is every commercial a Titanium one!?” 5 yelled.
    6 Villages. 6 Keys. One undefeatable monster. Coming soon.
    “I’m so tired of remakes,” Yoyo shrugged.
    “I was framed,” a muscled man said as he looked at the camera from behind bars. “I was the nicest guy you’ll ever meet. I spent most of my days helping the poor.”
    “Why don’t you tell us what happened?” an interviewer said.
    “Well, I had a streak of bad luck. I got in with some bad crowds. A group of people that really wanted to take over the city, and another group that wanted to kill everyone. But I was, you know, not really into that. I was just a sword enthusiast. And, you know, the best way to enjoy a sword is to stab someone with it.”
    “So really, you were a good guy?” the interviewer asked.
    “Absolutely! But the cops got me by tracking my internet. The cops are really getting crazy these days!” he said. “I, I am worried about everyone’s safety.”
    Confessions of a nice guy + The Conspiracy you need to know about: The Destinykil story.”
    “Boo,” Yoyo said. “Two thumbs down. Boo!”
    “And we’re back!” Titanium smiled. “The Wheel of EPIC. With your host, Titanium!”
    The crowd cheered. “Alright. When we last left our contestants both Q and 5 had 0, PF had 200, and Yoyo was in last with negative 200, ouch.”
    “Can they make it up in the final question? We’ll find out! Depending on how well they score they could get 500 points!” Titan said. “Or none at all!”
    “Do we get any kind of prize if we win this gameshow?” Yoyo asked. “So far I haven’t seen any prizes.”
    - 300 points was now next to Yoyo’s name.
    “Yoyo, stop that,” Q whispered. “Our team is gonna fall behind at this rate!”
    “Wait, we’re playing teams?” 5 asked.
    “Why do you think I keep asking you to heal, 5?” PF asked.
    “No! You’re playing a completely different game than the rest of us, PF,” Yoyo snapped.
    “The final question is simple. In 500 words or less explain to us why you should deserve to win the Wheel of Epic,” Titan said.
    “Frick, I hate these kind of things,” Q grumbled.
    The contestants each scribbled against their platforms as the timer clicked by. The audience quietly debated amongst themselves who they thought would win. Titan smiled and winked at the camera occasionally. There wasn’t much purpose behind it.
    “Alright, time’s up!” Titan said. “Q, you can go first.”
    Q: I deserve to win for several reasons. For starters, I enjoy cherry coke. And I’m like the main character. What kind of moral is this story if the main character doesn’t win? That just makes him a loser, right? And the story shouldn’t be about losers. Go for a winner, like me. And, like, I totally heard Titanium Inc. & Co. has really great weapons, so like, yeah.
    “Wow, that is a strong and convincing argument for why he should win!” Titanium said. “Yoyo you’re up next. Like you have a chance.”
    Yoyo: An idiot, a serial killer, a strong and independent woman, and an idiot. Who should get the prize? Don’t give it to Q. He’ll waste it all on Cherry Coke. And PF? He’ll waste it all on suits. Fact: I saw 5 the other day at the store buying fur suits. Made from baby seals. And he wanted the buttons made out of puppies. These guys are not winners. Give the prize to me.
    “Wow, you really played dirty,” Q said. "And I am not a serial killer."
    "Yeah, you're definitely an idiot!" 5 yelled.
    “Very convincing reasons,” Titan said.
    A dead smilie face appeared next to Yoyo’s name. “It’s too bad that contestant is now deceased, she had a really good argument.”
    “What?” Yoyo asked. “I’m dead? Snap. There shouldn’t be men in Heaven..”
    5: Um, what is the prize? Well, whatever. Give it to me. I tried really hard and stuff. Like, I did my best. I know I have 0 points but I’m trustworthy. If you can’t count on a thug, who can you count on? I’m also responsible. Back in High school I wrote for the yearbook clu-”
    “This one is boring, let’s skip it,” Titan shrugged.
    “Mine was the only one remotely trying!” 5 grunted and slammed his head on the podium.
    PF: I am the one who went to the Volcano and got the key. I also resurrected Q and Yoyo 5 times in the last turn. I’m definitely the guild leader here. I deserve the loot.
    “Why is PF playing an MMORPG?!” 5 yelled.
    “Ah, he beat us,” Q shook his head. “Great reasoning. But it wasn’t my fault the boss kept attacking me.”
    “Since when did you join the MMORPG too!?” 5 asked.
    “And the winner is, Q!” Titan cheered. “For that great store recommendation he wrote in at the end. And that's all we have time for now, folks!”
    “Wait, we don’t get to see the prize?” Yoyo asked. Another frownie face was added next to her name. “Stop doing that!”
    “Fine, you can see the prize,” Titan said. “It’s a, oh, we’re out of time! Tune in next week for another episode of Wheel of Epic!”
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Male Posts : 9949

WOTNOPOLIS SHORT: Wheel Of Epic Empty Re: WOTNOPOLIS SHORT: Wheel Of Epic

Post by Yoyo Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:16 pm

PF seemed oddly out of character, but I liked it. :P
    Mikel
    Mikel
    Major

Male Posts : 5002

WOTNOPOLIS SHORT: Wheel Of Epic Empty Re: WOTNOPOLIS SHORT: Wheel Of Epic