Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

2 posters

Defend your medium!

Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Defend your medium! Empty Defend your medium!

Post by Bakura Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:04 pm

So! Back now, and spent the last several weeks thinking over which I like more... Manga, or anime? I chose manga.

Really, unless the anime is super action oriented (which I'm not really all that into) or centered on music (Gravitation, La Corda D'oro, etc....) I prefer the manga. The anime I end up actually enjoying are plenty, but then i like the manga more in the end anyway. Will i miss the music? Yep... but that's what Youtube is for anyway.

So! Anime, or manga?
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu
    Grunt

Male Posts : 164

Defend your medium! Empty Re: Defend your medium!

Post by Amaterasu Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:45 pm

I like manga better because I can take it at my own pace. If I want to stay on a single page for an hour I can, but I can't do that in an anime. Now don't get me wrong anime is great especially for action and music, but anime follows the manga, and really I can enjoy myself as much when I'm reading a manga as when I'm watching an anime. so manga.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:28 am

Amaterasu wrote:but anime follows the manga
    Just wanted to say, that not all anime are based on manga. Some are based on video games, other novels, and sometimes, like the recently popular Phi Brain, nothing at all!
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu
    Grunt

Male Posts : 164

Post by Amaterasu Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Bakura wrote:
    Amaterasu wrote:but anime follows the manga
    Just wanted to say, that not all anime are based on manga. Some are based on video games, other novels, and sometimes, like the recently popular Phi Brain, nothing at all!

ah, that is true. Thanks for pointing that out. I was thinking about animes that have manga counterparts, but I forgot about those other animes. Defend your medium! 34342
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:15 am

It happens. :P

One of my favorites right now is based off of an eroge / visual novel. I hope it's as good as the series was.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm