Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

+2
Yoyo
Bakura
6 posters

Nogitsune's Anime and Manga List

Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Nogitsune's Anime and Manga List - Page 3 Empty Re: Nogitsune's Anime and Manga List

Post by Bakura Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:59 pm

I laughed pretty much the whole way through it. The end of episode one though was amazing. I was not expecting that from a typical magical girl series. It was most certainly a nice change of pace, I thought it was well worth it.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Nogitsune's Anime and Manga List - Page 3 Empty Re: Nogitsune's Anime and Manga List

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:39 pm

Hmm, maybe I'll check it out.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:08 am

It was a great laugh, I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, I don't say much about it because the one thing that makes it so awesome, ruins (to me) the experience that occurs later on in the first episode. I consider it a major spoiler.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:32 am

Working on revamping the list. Make it a bit prettier / easier on the eyes.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:49 am

Bleach's current manga arc is REALLY disappointing... They're short, and only go over so much at a time. This had best pick up soon, I don't see how it could last 10 more years otherwise.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:13 am

Nothing much on the anime front here. However, I've been asked to watch both... Strawberry Panic, and one other one.. Umm... Sekai'ichi Hatsukoi? I haven't heard of the latter, but I think I will anyway.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:35 pm

Just wanted to post it up, so I don't forget;

I've got another manga to read! Currently reading Great Teacher Onizuka - Shonan 14 Days Manga.

It takes place during 2 weeks that occurred during the series, filling in some things.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:44 pm

Just finished the "True Ending" of Oreimo. That took way too long to find though.

In any case, currently adding both Steins;Gate and Yumekui Merry (Dream Eater Merry?) to my list to watch after...

Strawberry Panic and Sakai'ichi Hatsukoi, which were recommended by a good friend of mine. Apparently, the former is a shoujo ai series, and the latter a shounen ai.

Ongoing series I'm keeping up with currently.
    Kodomo no Jikan (Manga)
    Great Teacher Onizuka - Shonan 14 Days (Manga)
    Ao No Exorcist (Manga)
    Bleach (Manga) [I'm hoping it gets better soon... Though, must admit, that last chapter is starting to pick up.]
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:14 am

Alright, well, I have (well the other day. >.>) just finished Sekai'ichi Hatsukoi. That was cute, although the anime left me wanting a bit more in the end. I will be (eventually) reading it's entire manga at some point.

Currently, I'm watching Ef - A Tale of Memories, which will be followed up with Ef - A Tale of Melodies. So far, it started confusing. But episode 2, and beginning of 3 cleared that up.

Afterwards, the one who recommended Sekai'ichi has also recommended one called... Junjou Romantica (or similar), so that shall be coming up as well.

For those whom are curious, Sekai'ichi and Junjou are shounen-ai. So if the thought of guys with guys isn't appealing, you may not want to watch!
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:00 am

Well, I just finished Ef - A Tale of Memories, and I must say... Prepare for a lot of my opinion.

This has to be one of, if not most moving thing I have ever seen.

I cannot think of any words to really define it.

To say I was moved is an understatement. Now, most definitely, not the anime for everyone. If you're as big a sucker for a romance title as I am, you'll prolly enjoy it (to a point).

In any case, this series was beautiful. From the music, to the art. The script and voice acting were perfect. Parts of this I found so tragic that I didn't even want to continue watching (As so tactfully said by Sammy, I'm a wuss), but yet, I was so compelled to make sure I finished it that I couldn't even sleep.

The first episode had me so confused at first. For those who get confused as well (should you decide to watch), by episode three, you should be perfectly clear on what's going on.

Here's a warning like thing, I guess.
    1. If the screen "appears" to screw up, it's probably the animation playing how it is intended to play.
    2. If you are epileptic, you may not want to watch this. However, there may be some manga somewhere.
    3. If you're uncomfortable with partial nudity in which you really don't see anything, you may not wish to see it (It's like... 4 scenes, and they last a second each, but you don't really see anything).
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:49 pm

The art for ef looks so clean cut.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:51 pm

The art has a few changes made to it at various points in the series. It's mostly just something visual to represent how someone's feeling.

And I just finished season two, which explained something that I overlooked in season 1. Nice idea to watch both of them if you're going to watch it. Ef - A Tale of Melodies however, I will give with another warning.

1. Lots more nudity.
    2. Lots of what many may consider creepy and / or unsettling.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:12 am

Looks like I'm adding Skip Beat! to my list as well. Another ongoing title. Hope it's faster to update than KnJ.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:08 am