Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

4 posters

LOKI: Q Style

quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

LOKI: Q Style Empty LOKI: Q Style

Post by quater Mon May 16, 2011 1:58 am

By Q

This is what Legend Of The Keys Chapter 9 would look like if Q wrote it. Very short, as you can see...Whoops. Anyway. Fanwork and has no bearing on the story. If I get anything right (as Yoyo doesn't tell me what happens next) then ten points for me.

“Good morning!” SSS heard a voice sing into her room. “It’s time to get up, up, up!”
    SSS buried her head under her pillow. The thought of getting up caused every muscle in her body to ache simultaneously. She could hear SSS making slow movements across the room. She opened her eyes instinctively to see what the other person was doing. She instantly regretted her decision as the icy surfaces of the room reflected light into her eyes.
    “Glacier,” Clair groaned as she covered her eyes. “Is very bright in the mornings.”
    “I thought Glacier was underground?” SSS asked as she squinted her eyes in the bright room. “This is really irritating me.”
    “It is underground,” Clair answered. “But the people of Glacier started using the ice’s own reflective properties to light up rooms during day time and dark rooms at night.”
    “That’s interesting but it still hurts my eyes,” SSS said as she rubbed them profusely. After a few more minutes a knock at their door alerted them that it was time for breakfast.
    SSS’s stomach growled awkwardly as she followed the enthusiastic Glacier ninja that had been assigned to watch them. Jan was very friendly and what SSS had originally assumed was a ruse to get their guards down she had now come to realize it was Jan’s day to day personality. “No one can fake this much energy in the morning,” SSS thought to herself as she took a seat at a long table made of ice.
    Warm plates of food were brought out and put on special mats to keep from melting through the table. SSS wasted no time as she began to pick apart the food. “Did you guys get a good night sleep?” Zergio asked as he sat across the table from Clair and SSS.
    “I guess,” SSS managed to say as she stuffed rice into her mouth. She thought about asking Zergio how he slept but decided eating her food was probably a better way to spend her time.
    Clair shrugged. She didn’t really enjoy the night’s sleep she had gotten. It was far colder inside the room than she was used to. At the same time, she wasn’t going to complain about the room in front of Jan.
    “So guys, are you ready to see Glacier’s key?” Jan smiled at them. “Dei has given me permission to take you there myself.”
    “Wow, really?” Zergio asked. “We’re ready to go right away.”
    “Good, let’s get going,” Jan pointed to the door.
    Clair and SSS looked at each other for a moment. The paranoid and intimidating Dei was letting Jan take them to the key? This definitely wasn’t right.
    “I’m tired,” Dark Raptor whined. Bano rolled his eyes as the two headed deeper into the canyon. The bratty brother of Q had said he was tired over and over and over since they entered they had embarked on their trail into the valley.
    “Hey DR, how about this,” Bano sighed. “I push you off the edge of this cliff and you’ll get to the bottom much faster.”
    “I’m not Yoyo,” Dark Raptor said. “I would die if that happened, Bano.”
    “Oh, wouldn’t that just be a shame,” Bano grumbled. The two trudged deeper into the darkness. Bano looked up but the sun had been blotted out and covered in a ominous darkness. A feint red glow emanated from the sky that allowed them to make their way through the vast darkness.
    He wasn’t sure why he couldn’t see the sun since he was pretty sure they were headed straight down. But he was also sure that the village hidden in Shadows was a haunting place. “This place is giving me the creeps,” Bano whispered as they moved deeper down the trail. “Are we even sure we’re going the right way?”
    “I know I’m not sure at all,” DR spoke up. “We should stop for a rest.”
    “You can stop,” Bano said. “I’m going to continue until we find Shadow. I don’t want to be in the wilderness of this place longer than I have to.”
    DR realized that what he said made good sense. A moment later both of them straightened up a little. “Do you sense that?” DR whispered.
    Bano looked at DR and nodded. “We’re being followed. Prepare your weapons and we’ll ambush the enemy when I give the signal.”
    “Sounds good,” DR smiled as he pulled out a knife.
    “Not you, I was talking to my dragons. You just try not to get in my way,” Bano snapped.
    “Tch,” DR whispered. “Taking down this guy will be easy enough for me, Bano. Why don’t you stay out of it?”
    Both men turned around at that moment on the figure that was moving behind them. DR’s knives hit the ground all around the figure causing them to fall to the ground. In an instant the dragons had gotten on each side of the figure and had attached themselves to their body.
    The figure froze as Bano stood a mere foot away from them. “Why are you following us?” Bano asked.
    “I’m not! Dear squires, I was coming out to greet you!” the person said.
    “Squires?” DR asked as he watched the figure struggle.
    Bano squinted at the figure for a moment and then smiled. “Oh, its you,” Bano laughed. “DR, I know for a fact we can trust this one.”
    “Yes, yes, noble lad, trust him. He’s wise, this one,” the figure announced.
    “Who is it?” DR asked as he examined her. Her hair was short and her eyes glowed yellow in the dark. She smiled at him and patted Dark Raptor on the shoulder.
    “I am Titan, and I have come to save your lives,” she announced.
    Q was shoved outside the metal gate. Behind him a gigantic stone wall that lead to the castle of Mist. The guards watched him as he moved down the dirt path. He was well aware of how Mist operated. He smiled as he remembered Jose going through this same show a few years before. That had ended with Q getting the chance to leave Jose in a bloody pulp. He was looking forward to doing the same to Destinykil.
    “Now where is it,” Q whispered as he headed down the dirt path. His hands were bound by handcuffs and it was really bothering him. The Mist were clever in dealing with their prisoners in situations like these but he wished they wouldn’t go through so much trouble to intimidate him. They surely couldn’t think it’d work on him.
    His eyes sought out a key to the handcuffs. He knew it was somewhere nearby. Destinykil loved fighting but he would get no pleasure out of fighting with a man in handcuffs. His eyes noticed a tree. Under three was a skeleton. “Odd,” Q smiled. “Perfect.”
    He walked over to the skeleton and looked at it for a moment. “There we go,” he said as he bent over and pulled out a golden key. After a moment he had his handcuffs off and tossed them on the ground. “Thank you, Mist,” Q said to the air.
    Q couldn’t tell if he was annoyed by the antics or if he was impressed. On the one hand leaving prisoners into the wilderness where they will spend time unsure of when the battle begins is brilliant. The stress and uncertainty of it all, especially in the thick mist that covers the terrain leads one to a heightened sense of paranoia. It truly was a haunting experience. Over time one begins to wonder if they’re supposed to be ready to battle or trying to survive the night in the woods.
    Q had heard stories of Mist leaving people in the woods for days before the battle began. And Q couldn’t leave without seeing the key or Toshii. So they could leave him in the woods for as long as they like and know fully well that Q wouldn’t leave.
    He reached out and grabbed an apple hanging low from a tree. After taking a bite out of it he smiled. The only problem was that Q wasn’t afraid. These things hadn’t scared him the first time he’d dealt with them. Let alone this time. All he had to do was wait a while for Destinykil to show up and the two of them would fight. Thus his annoyance. He didn’t really want to waste much time with Mist’s games when there was much more pressing matters.
    He tossed the apple core onto the ground and sighed. “Destinykil, I am very impressed with the Mist’s form of torture,” Q yelled. “But I don’t have time to waste on this. So how about a new game. You come out and battle me like we agreed to or I’ll go back to Mist and see how many of your men I can incapacitate before you decide to come out.”
    Q felt his presence land behind him immediately. His smile grew bigger. If there was one thing he knew it was that Destinykil couldn’t resist a taunt. He reached out his hand and caught the hilt of his sword. “Thank you,” Q smiled. “Although you just gave yourself a severe disadvantage in this battle by giving this back to me.”
    “You say so,” Destinykil said. “But I want to fight you at your full strength only.”
    Thicup wasn’t sure when she had noticed it but she was definitely sensing something under the ground in the spot she was standing. The question to her was whether or not this was the key. She stood there and felt its power emanate from the spot she was standing.
    The problem was that this didn’t feel like a key. Whatever it was seemed very large. And it was made up of several different materials. Thicup concentrated on the spot that was fifteen feet below her for several moments. She could feel something manmade and metallic below.
    But she also knew whatever this object it was it was very large. Far too big for it to be a normal everyday key. She groaned and looked over to the dragon circling her head. After a moment the information she had gathered was sent to Darkflame. She wasn’t sure what she was supposed to do. She had a feeling she had stumbled on something very important. At the same time she was pretty sure this wasn’t Storm’s key. So was this worth diverting the mission of the search for the key. For that matter, would Storm even let them search into this?
    After a moment the dragon imparted information to Thicup. It was somewhat rough figuring out the details as Darkflame seemed to be warning her redundantly about being careful. The basic message was that Darkflame was going to ask a bug where they key was. In the meantime, Thicup should wait patiently and if what she found wasn’t the key they could check it out later when Storm wasn’t watching them as carefully.
    “Oiy,” Thicup groaned. He treats me so helplessly. Even though he was probably right and what he said made sense a part of her was tempted to start digging there anyway. If nothing else but to show him that she was able to do things.
    She sighed and sat down. It wasn’t worth jeopardizing the mission over and she knew it. But sooner or later she was going to let Darkflame have it for treating her the way he had.
    Yoyo slid into the seat in front of her. Death sat down with exaggerated slowness directly next to her. She was put off by this. It made much more sense for Death to sit down at the far end of the table where the leader of a village should be.
    Death grabbed something off a nearby cart and set it before Yoyo. She couldn’t help but feel uneasy. She hadn’t seen a single member of Shadow since she had arrived at the village.
    The plate of food landed in front of Yoyo and she smiled courteously. “Are you going to eat anything, Yoyo?” she asked the head.
    “Nope,” Death smiled and stared at Yoyo. Her eyes watched as Yoyo started to cut into the food. She was very nervous about this encounter but her body reacted only one way to food and that was to eat it.
    “So,” Death said. “Down to business. And the business is very simple.”
    Yoyo eyed Death and felt her stomach churn. She put down the fork and knife and stared at the mad woman. Her eyes seemed to grow colder and more frightening every passing moment as they locked with Yoyo’s. “Here is what you are going to do,” Death said.
    “I know you’ve come here at Q’s beckoning to check on my key. I also know that Bano and Dark Raptor are with you,” Death leaned over to Yoyo’s ear and whispered. “And if you want to have any shot at getting the key in Shadow I need one favor. If you don’t do this, then Q’s life is over. As well as the Sand Village. And your own. But if you do this then I’ll let you take Shadow’s key. It’s a small favor really. Just kill Dark Raptor and Bano.”
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Male Posts : 9949

LOKI: Q Style Empty Re: LOKI: Q Style

Post by Yoyo Mon May 16, 2011 2:07 am

Wow, I would totally say what you've thought of that I also did and what we didn't, but that'd wreck the surprise. Fun fun fun. ^__^
    Mikel
    Mikel
    Major

Male Posts : 5002

Post by Mikel Thu May 19, 2011 6:33 am

LOOOL LOKI: Q Style 938342 I LOVERS IT. TEEHEE. :> I SEE MYSELF XD LOL GO GLACIER HAHAHAHA

HUMHUMHUM :O

That's so cooooool XD
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Thu May 19, 2011 7:19 pm

Glad you liked it, Jan :P

Its just my prediction, though~
    Mikel
    Mikel
    Major

Male Posts : 5002

Post by Mikel Sun May 22, 2011 1:28 pm

nice, q. it's a good read, and a good prediction. and it's good you tried to be spot on on her writing style too.
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Post by Yoyo Sun May 22, 2011 2:06 pm

He kinda bombed the point when he did that, though. The idea was that we write in our own styles. :P
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun May 22, 2011 6:40 pm

I know...

But I didn't feel right writing Loki in WOTNOP style. It felt like I was trying to add romance to One Piece or something. And with the exception of Hancock that's not allowed!
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Post by Yoyo Sun May 22, 2011 11:17 pm

But it would have been funny as heck! :D
    Brinckmyster
    Brinckmyster
    Captain

Female Posts : 2009

Post by Brinckmyster Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:32 am

it's very interesting to read this AFTER reading Yurii-chan's version.... you should all do it. LOKI: Q Style 938342

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content