Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

3 posters

Bakuman

quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

Bakuman Empty Bakuman

Post by quater Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Cause its awesome~

Did you get what they did in the latest chapters?

Takagi was talking about doing a series where they got through a plot in one big shot, not dragging it out.

Then Hiramaru proposed to Aoki in one shot, not dragged out, but action paced the entire way and keeps you page turning.

Bakuman often mirrors what they're talking about and the art styles of the Mangas they are working on IN the series art and narrative structure. Its amazing. That's why the art style of Bakuman changes and has changed so much since the beginning. Its not because the artist can't draw, he's actually showing off just how much he can draw.

I think its kind of amazing. Its one of the reasons why Bakuman is such an genuine series. They're are dozens of examples of these kinda things happening, too. Takagi will explain this or that about a series and how they want to work it into their manga, then it shows up in Bakuman!
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Male Posts : 53

Bakuman Empty Re: Bakuman

Post by Sadhbh Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:14 pm

quater wrote:Cause its awesome~

Did you get what they did in the latest chapters?

Takagi was talking about doing a series where they got through a plot in one big shot, not dragging it out.

Then Hiramaru proposed to Aoki in one shot, not dragged out, but action paced the entire way and keeps you page turning.

Hmmm i didnt really look at the fact that they followed the story out like the message in their current series with going through a plot in one big shot, not dragging it out. Mostly cause i just straight away think of their real lifes and not the links to the plots in the manga.

Since Death Note was the first series created by writer Tsugumi Ohba and manga artist Takeshi Obata before Bakuman i just link it to how they must of felt when working in the industry. Cause like Reversi is Death Note, so when they were going through a plot in one big shot, not dragging it out i just thought of Death Note and what they were thinking at the time. I thought that the engagement was dull because they arent my favorite characters in the series and i just calll bullshite on how it worked out (from the point of 2 ppl barely talking and then have tea and then get married, i can believe 2 teens 1st love and making a weird ass promise to be successful and then marry but 2 grown adults not even kissing be4 getting married is dumb lol)

Yh i like how the art style of Bakuman changes with the manga they draw. Bakuman is fun to read cause its interesting on how mangakas work and cause it has great characters.

Oh here if u havent seen this yet
    Spoiler:
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:18 am

A lot of adults didn't kiss before getting married, ya know... Back in the day refined love left passion to the married. It was quite romantic, actually. Also, remember Bakuman characters have a heightened sense of Romance, save Takagi.

I knew about Akira Haittori. He's amazing. I want to meet him. I am pretty sure he's the Editor of D.Gray-Man and Gintama, two amazing, amazing series! And in both series he's mentioned and he's in this one. So I imagine he's got quite the crazy personality.

That's pretty cool. Also, I understand how you link it to real life, but it also links off into the story, too. Hence why its so amazingly written, in my opinion.

If I wrote a series about two guys writing books, and then every time they switched genres, employed a narrative device, etc, I was able to change the entire story to fit it and make it so seamless the reader barely notices, I'd be considered a genius. But if I can do that with a comic book AND change the art style to meet each genre's artistic styles, too? That's a masterpiece, yo!

Especially when you remember the series is very high quality even without noticing all that. There's so many elements to Bakuman. Its one of a kind.
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Male Posts : 2458

Post by Kai Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:00 pm

LOL
    I do like the art style of bakuman. It's not like the others that's focused on how the character would be perfect and all. I like how they can get off track and then get back at it like nothing happened.
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:05 pm

quater wrote:A lot of adults didn't kiss before getting married, ya know... Back in the day refined love left passion to the married. It was quite romantic, actually. Also, remember Bakuman characters have a heightened sense of Romance, save Takagi.

I knew about Akira Haittori. He's amazing. I want to meet him. I am pretty sure he's the Editor of D.Gray-Man and Gintama, two amazing, amazing series! And in both series he's mentioned and he's in this one. So I imagine he's got quite the crazy personality.

Well yh but thats lame haha its just shyness or fear if they dont kiss (over the short term and if it goes longer without it then it becomes a big thing where they need to be married) its not good for people since u cant predict what will happen in life, u should seize life on the day not pretend its something more then what it is. And on the point of "back in the day" well ofc back in the day when arranged marriages were common place or were crazy religious cults ban it (more common was no sex before marriage) but religious pressures of the past (and sometimes the present) are bad things and not romantic.

Takagi a pro, in love haha I dont think i coulda asked a girl out like he did Bakuman 152512

Im not sure on the Amazing Bakuman, it has its flaws like its a total story based manga, with less action though i love how its designed to make it look like a battle manga with its awesome story telling and rivalary. Also i know how this manga will end, he'll get the girl and be a successful mangaka, and thats a big flaw...its like what they said in the manga, once u have the final fight and it all works out fine it has to end or itll be draged out and ruined (ANd this is why mangas like "forget the zombie manga name in that chapter", win in the long run cause there is more unknowns) These differences is why is cant be im my top 5 (maybe not even top 10) best manga but its also why i love it cause everyone needs a difference in their manga. Bakuman is still awesome tho
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:41 pm

I just disagree with you, sorry. If I were to date a girl and not kiss before we were married, I would be a-okay with that. I am neither shy about it nor that afraid, but I think it'd just be kind of romantic, ya know? Obviously its a lot easier TO kiss but it takes some real discipline to hold back, don't ya think? Would show my real devotion to her and make our marriage night really sweet.

But no, I do not think I have that level of discipline. But people used to. Isn't that something?

Takagi is really cool, or at least he was in the beginning. I won't lie, he's kinda faded lately. He's not nearly as cool as he used to be. I feel like he always takes a back seat to Mashiro and kinda comes off as whiny. I blame the author for that. Since Takagi used to be really manly but the author has focused overly on Mashiro and left Takagi out to dry. Maybe that's because he's already married so it's to balance them out. No idea. I dislike it, though.

The fact that a story based manga survives in Shounen Jump the way it does is a pretty good sign. And its one of the top selling series in Japan! I actually like that there's a really good non-battle based series for guys that we can enjoy. Its a man's romance, ya know?

I like Bakuman because its different. But saying you know the ending is unfair, to be honest. We know how OP will end, too. Luffy and his crew have a great adventure and he'll be king of the pirates after finding One Piece. We know how Naruto ends. Naruto will fix things with Sasuke and he'll become Hokage. We knew how FMA would end, as Al and Ed would defeat the Homunculi and get their bodies back. We know that D.Gray-Man will end when Allen Walker and the other exorcists defeat the Millenium Earl from making more Akuma. Ao No Exorcist will end when Rin and his bro defeat Satan.

The only series I can honestly say I am not sure how it will end is Bleach, and that's because I would have said, "Bleach will end when Ichigo defeats Satan Aizen," but that's happened a while ago...

We know how most Manga/Anime will end, don't we? Oh yeah, I guess I also have no clue how Gintama will end, but yeah.

Toriko ends when Toriko finishes his Full Course Meal. Beelzebub ends when he figures out how to train that Demon Child of his and stops Satan from Destroying Earth. I guess its hard to know when Fairy Tail will end, but I am guessing it will end when they figure out what happens to the Dragons and defeat the Dark Magic users. Kenichi would end when Kenichi was strong enough to protect himself in Ninja arts and he could get the girl! Sket Dance..... eh, that one is the same case as Gintama.

Cage Of Eden ends when they get off the Island and back to their lives, all die, or they figure out how to survive the Island anyway.

I don't know, man. Just way too many series that you can see how it'll end within the first episode for me to agree that knowing how it'll end takes away from the series.
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Ok since im stuck waiting on ppl to sleep so i can wrap xmas gifts i continue typing. :D

For the romance part, id find in cute and sweet but not romantic to never kiss till ur wedding (lol just cause u reminded me of an ad i saw recently about this for some relaeity show dat i would never dream of watching but ...well see for urself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAVcFt9r52o come on u cant not help but lol

I agree with the Takagi part but i think that its mostly cause of the setting. They are always in the studio and u dont get the experession that u get wen they were in school together. Jobs aint as fun to present as hobbies/dreams are. I just feel that he is the brains of the operation but in the art studio healways will lose to Mashiro the brawn part (aka pen is mighter then the sword) lol and in the art studio the artist shines more

Well i kinda disagree, yes i know Luffy will be Pirate king but what is one piece and the 1000s of mysteries currently unknown. Well i hope for the sake of the world Naruto kills that emo Sakuke, but im not sure if itll end with him becoming a Hoke just cause of his age. Would seem wierd.Bleach will never end haha oh no more Eizen returns from prison

Although i saw FMA ending kinda like that, i didnt think they would get their bodies nor did i see some of the little twist. I know all manga end with the main character winning but Bakuman is more layed out then others, i know they will get a anime, they will get married etc, i just dont know wat manga will win it for them. But if im to say will Naruto end with sakuke alive or dead i would say 90% of me says alive (grr) but that 10% give me a bit more mystery then Bakuman can give me if u get me

quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:03 pm

I laughed, but on the same thoughtframe, you can't help but think that's a little sweet, right? I mean, what's romantic about two people shacking up before marriage? Not a lot. But waiting until afterward? That's something else, I think. And yes, romantic! Romance used to be about such things, alas.

Except the Pen is mightier than the sword refers to....writing :P Sorry, just telling you that. I think they really could make Takagi cooler. A lot of the things I remember him seeming wussy in are the EDITOR meetings and things like that, though. He always tries to go the safe route, Mashiro stands up and wants to do his own thing, and he's always like, "Whoa, really Mashiro!?" This, opposed to the old Takagi, who stood up and fought hard! He was the one who walked out on Miura when he said that Mashiro and Takagi shouldn't work together. What happened to that Takagi? Oiy oiy. He's just lost some cool. =/ He's become the safer of the two but originally he was the bolder one (since he was the one who pushed Mashiro into drawing for their dreams in the first place!).

Bleach will end in the next year and a half or so! After they do the very long history arc.

But that was my main point. Bakuman is somewhat more laid out but the fact that it says how it will end so clearly yet keeps us this interested is a pretty good sign in and of itself, I think. Its not like the authors screwed up, they were aware they were putting the setting out from the beginning. It was the kind of story they chose to work with, and they've done pretty well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:19 pm