Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

+4
Mikel
neon kun
SammyTheBootlegger
quater
8 posters

One Piece

Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Male Posts : 53

One Piece - Page 3 Empty Re: One Piece

Post by Sadhbh Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Kai wrote:I've seen kidd and law. . but drake. . that's new.

Yh its like a picture by Oda on the supernovas (tho he forgot zoro) post time skip. All the Jump manga-ka did one, the other manga-kas just done art while Oda did something story related which was asked alot to him by the fans. I can prob find the link to all the art from the other guys (bleach, naruto, HxH, etc ) did somewhere, i just forget the name of the Jump event thingy.
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Male Posts : 2458

Post by Kai Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:40 pm

That's cool!hahaha well Oda does love (well some of them) his characters.
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Wow spent ages looking through Japanese websites but i cant find the site i saw months ago with the HD pics on it but here is someones picture of that site. The event was a contest where readers wrote a caption and if they won the mangaka had to draw a picture with it as a theme. Odas one was "We are, the Age of Pirates". Hence he drew the supernovas

Spoiler:
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:02 pm

So that's where the timeskip picture came to be! One Piece - Page 3 152512
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:40 am

Just read the newest chapter today
    Spoiler:
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:41 am

meh aokiji is being nominated for sengoku's position right? :I and I don't feel the mugiwara-ness from aokiji~ hahaha although nice theory.~

I think lafitte is the one with the DF powers i think it's a stork. . LOL probably. :I but not as awesome as marco's~

nice spoilers though
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Kai wrote:meh aokiji is being nominated for sengoku's position right? :I and I don't feel the mugiwara-ness from aokiji~ hahaha although nice theory.~

I think lafitte is the one with the DF powers i think it's a stork. . LOL probably. :I but not as awesome as marco's~

nice spoilers though

Im not sure if u read the latest chapter, if not u shouldnt read these spoilers ^^ Im one of those cant stand reading spoilers of something by accident. lol

Spoiler:
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:43 pm

lol i'm not the type of guy who gets angry if someone tells me spoilers. :P

still i don't like aokiji joining luffy's crew~

8D marcos power is awesome lol i also read that he "might" defeat blackbeard.
    not sure though.
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:08 pm

Yh Aokiji aint joining.

Marco has less of a chance of beating Blackbeard then Ace had. Ace was both a mixed range fighted. He was both long range and close combat fighter. Marco is only a close combat fighter and vs Blackbeard that is such a disadvantage.

Aces biggest fault was fighting someone that was the same strength as him with zero knowledge on their DF power. Marco wouldnt have had the disadvantage but he now has the guru guru DF so that makes his close combat skills go up soooooo much.

Macros powers make him, unkillable, and they boost his melee strength by allowing him to dodge in the air while getting close for haki attacks with added flames. Vs Blackbeard who can pull u in close so no dodging, makes ur powerless so no invulnerability and having haki empowered guru guru no mi melee attacks would make it a one way fight.

Its a miss match of a DF fight. I think Ace could of beaten BB if he stayed at range, used his flames excape his gravity (kinda like rockets) and know all about BB powers. I find it hard to think of a DF that can beat BB. U would def need someone with an ability that keeps them off the ground (earthquakes), whether that abitiy was DF or Geppo (Moon Step) tho
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

Post by quater Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:14 pm

I am a part of the "Black Beard is a Ceberus" theory. Isn't that the name of the three headed dog that guarded Hell? Whatever it is, that's what I think BlackBeard is. He has three souls/personalities stuck inside his body.

With the Shadow Shadow fruit he can steal fruits, and the reason he can have two is because there are three souls so its just a crammed good time in there.

No one else could use the power like he can. It also explains the nice claw mark Blackbeard gave Shanks. And why his personality changes from evil to cowardly pirate to happy go lucky D.
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:21 pm

maybe at some point blackbeard's personality is he's weakness?

regarding marco's powers yeah they boost alot of strength. but in some forums i go they're betting that he'll be able to beat blackbeard /shrugs
    (hopes it would be luffy but lol whatever floats oda's head)

and. . Oh hey q!
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:57 am

quater wrote:I am a part of the "Black Beard is a Ceberus" theory. Isn't that the name of the three headed dog that guarded Hell? Whatever it is, that's what I think BlackBeard is. He has three souls/personalities stuck inside his body.

It also explains the nice claw mark Blackbeard gave Shanks. And why his personality changes from evil to cowardly pirate to happy go lucky D.

U are correct sir, Ceberus guards the river of styxs to stop all those dead people escaping, not really hell tho (in the meaning of that word, better word is afterlife, greek/roman afterlife to be more accurate)

I dont agree with this theory at all and i hope to change ur mind on it too with some thoughts One Piece - Page 3 34342

1st the world of One Piece is very much science based (insane Oda science, but still science) for eg. Cloud islands arent just magic floating islands, they are solidified Sea stone dust that came in contact with clouds. In the start of the Thrillerbark arc, he shows ghosts, and ghouls etc but they all turn out to be DF (so in a world were DF exist its science not ghosts etc) Invisbleman = DF, ghost = DF, zombies =DF , living skeleton = DF. So i just dont think that he is a man with multiple souls, that just seems to be in the way of just making some random made up law for 1 guy with no Oda science to explain it.

2nd i would agree with this theory tho if he was a DF user, Dog dog (type ceberus) DF but it is clearly stated in the manga that he was not a DF user till he ate the shadow shadow DF. Cause he said (and ill find the exact quote if u want) i went into WB crew to find the shadow shadow DF cause he had the best chance of finding it and it was the only DF that he wanted to obtain.

3rd is my opinion, on his personality, and that is that he is meant to be a bad guy and hated. Hes a coward for this reason but also it is seen as smart to run from fights were there is a low win rate. The opposite to Luffy who is brave. Evil cause hes the main bad guy, and happy because he is well he like doing evil things, but he also likes life/ambition and in this way he is the same as luffy. They are moral opposites but (when not fighting) they have similar styles. Big dreamers, happy, hungry shonen characters. Luffys child like personality is the main difference, cause lets face it, pirates are meant to be like BB :D

4rd it was recently revealed in the manga how Shanks got those scars (not detailed explained but a small flash back of WB crew showed it) He is the pic
    Spoiler:
    Here u can see Teach in the past and as u can see he uses a Vega style weapon (from street fighter) a 3 pronged claw. This has to be the biggest nail in the cerberus theory.

And to be honest i dont think we could guess what Odas will actually do :D
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:30 pm

that's thatch? hahahaha. . doesn't look like him.
    Well who KNOWS what Oda will think of next. ~_~
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:34 pm

To counter argue~

1st, if he does have three souls/cerberus syndrome there is no reason to believe there isn't science to back it up. In fact, this is scientific for it explains why Blackbeard can have more than one devil fruit. It also explains why when he was first introduced Zoro and Luffy answered Nami, "Not him, but them." And to add, One Piece has a great load of mythology and history in it that tie into the story. From Sodom and Gomorrah the Sea Kings to the man who lived in a whale (ever heard of Jonah?) to the Eneru backwards Noah arc that could fly to the latest Noah's arc that almost destroyed Fishman Island, there are a huge number of references to mythology and stories and history. And of course there is Pluton and Poseidon. And if there are those things why can't there be a Ceberus?

2nd, well sure, but I am not exactly saying he is a giant three headed dog. But that he has three spirits inside his body more or less and that he is symbolic of Ceberus. Which goes with the Anti-Mythology/History slant. Where Ceberus guarded the gates of Hell, Blackbeard released the prisoners of Impel Down, known as Hell. Aka, he opened the gates of Hell.

3rd, I agree, but there are marked moments where Blackbeard switches from how he normally acts. When Blackbeard was first shown he was angry and annoyed at Luffy who liked the pie and he didn't and all that. Then suddenly when they walk outside he's laughing and yelling that the dreams of pirates will never die. He did a complete about face on who he was. He did this again when he was fighting Whitebeard. He was brave one minute but after Whitebeard injured him he completely changed his personality and started firing at him with his gun. Things where his personality 180's is different from being opposite of Luffy.

4th, but again, I do not believe that Blackbeard is actually a gigantic morphing three headed dog, but instead is symbolic. So using a claw weapon, similar to a Dog, is actually proof in my favor because he used a claw-like weapon, similar to a dog. He's symbolic of Ceberus, which is very different than being a three headed dog.

Now to throw one more piece of evidence, go back to the Manga and find the page where Luffy and Zoro and Nami talk to Blackbeard when he's eating pie outside the bar and read how Luffy and Zoro refer to Blackbeard as them. It's awkward. At the time you first read it you dismiss it as referring to the Blackbeard pirates but it never fully makes sense. But if you go back and plug in this theory, it fits perfectly.
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Kai wrote:that's thatch? hahahaha. . doesn't look like him.
    Well its teach, thatch and teach are 2 different ex members of WBs crew. Thatch is dead.

Oh i do enjoy these discussions, its really fun to try solve manga stuff ^_^

Ill not quote u quater to save on the length haha

But for the three souls/cerberus syndrome i do think its a possiblity. I dont know but i feel its less likely just from how it feels to me. And just to add yh i love the huge number of references to mythology and stories and history in OP. To the point were i have to point out there have been 2 cerberus characters in OP so far so because of that i think it to be less likely.

Just to be picky lol tho the hell and hell from impel down sounds amazing, since i do love mythology i have to point out that cerberus guarded the underworld not hell, hell is a christian term not an ancient greek term. So to me i dont think that idea is practical just cause i dont think Oda would make a mistake like that. Tho i to guess it is possible that tru translation into japanese it might come out as hell.

Well we both agree that he has personaility "switches" i just dont think that they can be shown to be different souls. Just cause i would say that his true self comes out more wen he is losing or scaried. All "bullies" are cowards dont ur know :D

Last 2 points are i just dont think a zoan user would carry a weapon that is worst then their 50/50 transform. If it was a staff or something maybe but claws on a clawed zoan user is overkill.
    And i just never believed the "them" point luffy and zoro make. Unless u think some how both zoro and luffy can some how see souls or something. I always thought it was them as in all those really strong weirdos we saw..well im sure they are altogether.

The only exidence that could sway me is BB pirate flag. Since it is 3 skulls but i wouldnt claim that this is enough to make me go with this. I think yh BB body has something different to it and id like to find out more. A cerberus could be the answer but i call for more real evidence then translations from japanese manga were there is no word for they, I, she, he or it as its all the same word. or some other interesting guesses.

Love the chatting, love to talk more on this and other theories ppl want to put forward and let us all evaluate them for merit. Cause thats fun ;D, woop new OP chapter in 24hrs
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Please call me Q. ^^ And hey Kai. (forgot to say that earlier!)

They were actual dogs, though! This is a little different, but I do see your point there.

Ah, but what is Ceberus known for? Guarding the gates of the Underworld, Hades, which is often referred to as Hell. I don't think Oda is going for precise accurateness but what people usually think up. And remember, he's inversing the myth and making it that the Ceberus character breaks them out of this place, not protecting them from leading. So he's changing the rules already so he can't be going for accuracy to the 100th percent. (also, Hell comes from Judaism, not as a Christian term. Christianity builds off Judaism. If we're going for super accuracy, haha.)

Perhaps, but I feel his personality switches are too abrupt to be just him being scared. You could be right, but it seems unusual.

I don't believe he is a Zoan user, though.

I do believe Zoro and Luffy could sense something like this if it were going on, absolutely. The reason they could is because they can sense strength and opponents pretty dang well. Something Nami might miss. It's a part of their oddities.

Ah, I forgot about the three skulls thing, but there you go. Another point.

Not only that, but I don't think BB is the only pirate on his crew who has strong ties to mythology. I believe that the former jailer, who's name I forgot, is actually a dragon. And he might actually be a DRAGON Zoan, unlike Blackbeard who I believe to be symbolic.

The translation thing: They've been able to accurately translate everything else but that one scene? The same problem is also in the Anime. Its intentional, that scene. Whether Luffy and Zoro are awkwardly referring to his crew, or whether they are more directly referring to Blackbeard. Remember, this is Oda. He is the KING of Foreshadowing, is he not? What better way to foreshadow it than to show it off from their first meeting.

Haha, if only the new Bakuman would come out already, geez. That series takes forever to come out.
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:05 pm

I shall call u que One Piece - Page 3 72762

I had to re-research it incase my memory was wrong but yh no hell in Jewish scripture, their one is called Gehinom and although it is sometimes translated as "hell", but is much closer to the Catholic view of purgatory than to the Christian view of hell, which differs greatly from the classical Jewish view. In Judaism, gehinom — while certainly a terribly unpleasant place or state — is not hell. Its more of a grey-y/colourless, seperated from God boring place but no fire, brimstone or punishment. Score 1 for remembering random facts for me :D

Yh that guy is called S____ of the Rain or something cant remember completely, i dont know if he'll have a DF or if he will just be like Zoro and go DF-less. Which could be more fun wen they fight.

Oda indeed is the King of for shadowing, damn him making me find old chapters after u get a cool deja vu in his work.

I read Bakuman when it came out earlier, was ok cant complain but a bit meeh with the wedding stuff.
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Sadhbh wrote:
    Kai wrote:that's thatch? hahahaha. . doesn't look like him.
    Well its teach, thatch and teach are 2 different ex members of WBs crew. Thatch is dead.

Oh i do enjoy these discussions, its really fun to try solve manga stuff ^_^

Ill not quote u quater to save on the length haha

But for the three souls/cerberus syndrome i do think its a possiblity. I dont know but i feel its less likely just from how it feels to me. And just to add yh i love the huge number of references to mythology and stories and history in OP. To the point were i have to point out there have been 2 cerberus characters in OP so far so because of that i think it to be less likely.

Just to be picky lol tho the hell and hell from impel down sounds amazing, since i do love mythology i have to point out that cerberus guarded the underworld not hell, hell is a christian term not an ancient greek term. So to me i dont think that idea is practical just cause i dont think Oda would make a mistake like that. Tho i to guess it is possible that tru translation into japanese it might come out as hell.

Well we both agree that he has personaility "switches" i just dont think that they can be shown to be different souls. Just cause i would say that his true self comes out more wen he is losing or scaried. All "bullies" are cowards dont ur know :D

Last 2 points are i just dont think a zoan user would carry a weapon that is worst then their 50/50 transform. If it was a staff or something maybe but claws on a clawed zoan user is overkill.
    And i just never believed the "them" point luffy and zoro make. Unless u think some how both zoro and luffy can some how see souls or something. I always thought it was them as in all those really strong weirdos we saw..well im sure they are altogether.

The only exidence that could sway me is BB pirate flag. Since it is 3 skulls but i wouldnt claim that this is enough to make me go with this. I think yh BB body has something different to it and id like to find out more. A cerberus could be the answer but i call for more real evidence then translations from japanese manga were there is no word for they, I, she, he or it as its all the same word. or some other interesting guesses.

Love the chatting, love to talk more on this and other theories ppl want to put forward and let us all evaluate them for merit. Cause thats fun ;D, woop new OP chapter in 24hrs

Oh sorry! I read it as thatch! :I
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:31 am

Sadhbh wrote:I shall call u que One Piece - Page 3 72762

I had to re-research it incase my memory was wrong but yh no hell in Jewish scripture, their one is called Gehinom and although it is sometimes translated as "hell", but is much closer to the Catholic view of purgatory than to the Christian view of hell, which differs greatly from the classical Jewish view. In Judaism, gehinom — while certainly a terribly unpleasant place or state — is not hell. Its more of a grey-y/colourless, seperated from God boring place but no fire, brimstone or punishment. Score 1 for remembering random facts for me :D

Yh that guy is called S____ of the Rain or something cant remember completely, i dont know if he'll have a DF or if he will just be like Zoro and go DF-less. Which could be more fun wen they fight.

Oda indeed is the King of for shadowing, damn him making me find old chapters after u get a cool deja vu in his work.

I read Bakuman when it came out earlier, was ok cant complain but a bit meeh with the wedding stuff.

If you look at any of the Jewish writings of the times they believed in Hell just as Christians do. It is commonly said that Judaism did not believe in Hell as we do but I honestly have no idea why this myth is purported. I have read a book on the matter by Francis Chan called Erasing Hell. He notes that when Christ was on Earth ALL the Jewish scholars of the time had written on the subject of Hell and their belief that Gentiles were going there if they did not save them.

But it is also marked in the Old Testament and referenced multiple times. Unless you believe that Purgatory sounds like awaking to everlasting, "Shame and contempt." (Daniel 12:2). So see, the Jews of Christ's time believed in Hell and there are verses out there explaining this. Yes, there is also a place in Jewish belief that is similar to Catholic purgatory, but do not make the mistake of thinking that this place existing excludes Hell, for it does not. The reason people believe that Christians created Hell is because Christ expounded on Hell and made it doctrinal to a degree it wasn't before.

And because modern Jews have forsaken their belief in Hell. But that doesn't mean they never believed it or that it wasn't in their Scriptures. It is vaguely referenced repeatedly, just as Heaven is. Their scholars all wrote on it in many words. It just happens to be that now Jews don't believe in it. Hence why it is said Christians created it, because they still follow it. But they did not~

Shiryuu! Which means dragon I read somewhere, I think.

The wedding stuff be ages ago.... Bakuman is great. ^^
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:06 pm

:D i understand that they had a place for punishment but just because the only word in english that can relate to that is hell doesnt mean that it should be used wen the modern defination of hell is not the same as the hybrew version, or even the ancient hybrew version. Sure they believed in an afterlife that was a punishment for unbelievers etc but hell imo is a christian concept with a specific meaning, since it doesnt mean what ancient jewish people meant i cant see why it would be used in the same way.

しりゅう yh i translated it, it means "the dragon" but not sure if a name of dragon makes them a Dragon zoan...Cause we have Monkey D Dragon too were his first name is also dragon (speculation for me cause im unsure on this but it might be just a uncommon name in Japanese like in irish we have people whose names are MEALLÁN meaning lightning or even my user name Sadhbh means "sweet, goodly" in Irish.[crap name i know but it stuck when years ago i played a healing class in a mmo] ) So cause i know little on Japanese names maybe it is just a name cause meaning dont "mean" alot when the general population see it as a name and not another noun.

Tho the idea of zoro vs a dragon is cool since its like the samuria from Wado, i just dont see how a dragon could fight using swords in 50/50 mode. Cause it would be asian dragons so that looooooong body short arms/legs and lets face it shiryuu would be an ugly dragon haha

Hmmm are u caught up with bakuman in the manga as i was refering to chapter 160 with the engagement stuff in it. (maybe wedding was wrong word)
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:33 pm

But the Christian Hell and the Jewish Hell is the same place. The Christians believe in the same God as the Jewish, and believe he set up the same place of punishment. Its more than just a translation issue. Its the same place. Ancient Hebrew teaching would agree. Only modern Jews have changed their definition of Hell to something else, is my point.

My speculation comes from more than just the name, though. Notice how he was locked away under a tower. Dragons usually protect the top of a tower from Knights. Again, inverse mythology that is common in One Piece. But going a step further, notice how blood thirsty he is. Dragons are known for their insatiable appetites and blood thirstiness. And also note how much cigar smoke is around him at times, especially when he is first introduced. Coincidence? Maybe. Hint that where there is smoke, there is fire, and since there was very little fire maybe he was the fire, i.e. a dragon? Could also stand. This theory is very speculative, but it makes sense, too. Who does Zoro fight after he beats Mihawk and becomes the best swordsman in the World? A dragon, much like the old Samurai in Thriller Bark did.

Haha, I don't disagree that he'd be ugly. But I don't think Shiryuu's main abilities is sword fighting. That is just the clue that he will be fighting Zoro, most likely. Don't get bogged down in the Zoan idea and remember the bigger things.

Ah, I loved that, to be honest. And Bakuman is amazingly written, so you know. Want me to show you why I think so?
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:52 pm

Righto making this short but i will edit if i find something, but i wanted to relook at the chapter to see if he had sea stone handcuffs on cause if not he isnt a DF user tho even if he does im not sure if it can prove it since it could be normal handcuffs. Will report back later

Well boo, no even shots of the cell he was in only chains near his head, and seastone cuffs look different to normal chains so i cant say anything. Just wanted to add that although dragons are powerful and blodd thirst in some cultures in Japan they are more knowledgeable and intellegant and Godly. Yh i like Bakuman but the engagement was lame to me, but overall i like it and read it every week. But if u want u can talk about it and give ur opinions u can probably write them in a Bakuman topic and not a OP one :D But ill prob agree 95% with wat u would say :D
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:46 pm

I think the dragon Shiryuu represents is the blood thirsty kind, though. Remember, most of what is taken from this series is from western lore. So if Shiryuu is a dragon its much more likely he's the western dragon than the eastern.
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:05 pm

One Piece, One Piece oh how i missed u (even it was just a 5day release delay due to the holidays)

Well what can i say other then epic...Big Mam is going to be the Crocodile of the NW. As in the person to beat for some arcs like how crocodile was introducted wen they entered the GL.

I enjoyed the chapter today :D Also happy Cage of Eden was released today, as HxH, Bleach and Naruto were terribad
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:49 am

gave up on naruto. really i did. . hahahahaha

and since one piece isn't releasing anything. I'm watching strong world again. :)) and i got a few one piece stuff for christmas. so I'm contented. ~3~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:22 pm