Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

+12
neon kun
Bakura
TheFirstKnight
KarateKeyaQ
SammyTheBootlegger
Shadow Raver
Kai
Ghost
Yoyo
Mikel
Destinykil
quater
16 posters

Q's Anime/Manga List

Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Male Posts : 2458

Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 6 Empty Re: Q's Anime/Manga List

Post by Kai Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:43 am

the first .hack mikel. . I got bored watching that :< I only liked the 2nd one.

@sam. I dont remember O_O
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

Post by quater Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:39 am

And~ Done. After watching Anime for a week straight (over if you include my Baccano! session) I am done with D.Gray-man! At least watching it, I still have a Manga to catch up in.

There are some fillers in it, so if you plan to watch the series check http://dgrayman.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Arcs so you can avoid them ^^

Wooh. That was a long one. Longest Anime I've seen in a few years.

I also, by the by, watched the Naruto Shippuden Pein V Naruto battle. It was alright. Well drawn and all, just, really not all that interesting. But the Shippuden is finally getting past all that Pain Akatsuki crap, so I am going to stick with it in hopes of seeing the better half of Naruto in beautiful art. I will say, what Naruto lacks in storyline, it's animation department really puts their soul into making up for in art. It can be sheer beauty to look at at times. So we'll see how that goes.

Bleach, eh, I still read it but I'm not sure what the heck is going on anymore. And last I checked it was fillering still so I have no intention to watch it till at least that much ends.

D.Gray-man was the last of the three incredibly long series I've been trying to watch since, wow, forever now. Those three being Kenichi, Ghost In The Shell, and D.Gray-man. Each one being a 50 episode smacker, and GITS seemed like it was a 100 episodes with how slow paced that series was. D.Gray-man actually was a 100 episodes.

I'm happy I finally got em knocked off. I think I'm going to take a few days off Anime, now. Do some writing and what not, get my WOTNOPOLIS and schooling squared away. When I get back, I'm going to try for Cowboy Bebop and .Hack//, if I can stomach the emo-ness of the main character of .Hack//.

I've been planning to give Cowboy Bebop one final go for so long now I can't even tell you. So, this time I am committing myself to it and I am going to see it through. I watched some of it recently with a friend and it really intrigued me, so hopefully it's worth it.

As for .Hack//, I just want to try it. Mainly for the later intricacies of the plot I've heard about. If .Hack// doesn't work out then I'm going for Ergo Proxy as recommended by Sammy.

After that, no idea. Possibly a new series I pick up at random, possibly something already listed.

By the way, I am pretty sure I won't be watching Dragonball Kai. I've tried to start it and it confused me, probably since I know nothing about the Dragonball universe. Sucks, but happens. So I'm probably taking it off my "To watch" list pretty soon. A part of me wants to watch Dragonball considering how much of Shounen Anime is based off that and all, but, overall I don't really see it happening due to it's age and there just being SOOO much of it I'd have to watch to adequately catch up.

So that's where we are, folks! And of course, the reviews of D.Gray-man and Baccano! are up. I may over overrated D.Gray-man, as it got a 9.5...But It's at least an 8.5-9 star series. Whether it's 9.5, that may of been pushing it, but I think it stands as a reasonable rating. I was glued to the series for the past week so I think it did it's job well. And from what I hear from Yoyo the manga gets even better, and considering what I've seen from the plot build up of the Anime, I'd have to say I can see it and expect it, so that's why it got the rating it did. Frankly, it's filling the hole FMA had in my life (similarity wise in Shounen Compatibility) so~ That's why. ^^

My goal when I started this was to have 30 Anime's finished by next Fall. I think I'm gonna make it, huh? Yeah, pretty sure I am. Just 3 more to go. Cowboy Bebop is short, only 26 episodes, so that locks 28 in (If I can get through it and I have a feeling this time I will). So just 29 and 30. I'll keep watching Anime and reading Manga afterwards, but it'll be nice to have this goal of mine accomplished. When I started this list and did the first count I'd only seen 22 Animes? That was last September. I decided I had a year to get that number up to a solid looking 30 before my ability to watch Anime gets squalshed (as I am expecting it to this fall). And since September I've seen 5! That's only been 5 months, too! Although, admittedly almost all of this Anime has been from the second half of December onwards. Gintama being the only exception and I didn't stick with it through to the end, admittedly (though when I'm feeling glum or can't sleep I just pick up where I left off and watch an ep or two).

I don't know why 30 is so much better than 22! It just is. Big 30 sounds like I've got my nerd on pretty solidly, no?
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:16 pm

Ergo proxy is nice dude! :D along with cowboybebop.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:51 pm

40 is a much more nerdy number.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:21 am

If I did 40 I'd want to do 50! And 50 is just too many. So is 40. ^^

Besides, the idea wasn't to get the super nerdy number, just to get better than a measly 22!
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:46 am

Thinking about tacking on a "Currently watching/readubg:" guide at the bottom of the main post and use pictures to tell you what I'm currently into. Not just for new series, but for old series like Naruto, too. (It'll look good ^_^ )

I'll have Yoyo make it when she's feeling better. (So far this stupid list no one but me takes seriously is putting me in the hole. I'm awesome, yes.)

Anywho, so I lied about the break. I took like, a two day break then started a new one. Cowboy Bebop. Episode 10. At this rate I'll be done in a few days.

I FINALLY broke through the barrier of Cowboy Bebop. Geez, it's about time. So that makes me happy. It'll land in as number 28 on my list.

I also added Tower Of God to my list as 27.5 and a little review of it. I feel bad not having it up there but I don't want it to be a serious contender, either.

I know I said .Hack// after Cowboy Bebop, but after the seriousness of Baccano! , GITS, D.Gray-man, and now Cowboy Bebop I'm looking for something very light hearted (admittedly, Baccano! isn't overly serious, but it could be at times). And .Hack// is not light-hearted. In. The. Least.

So action Shounens that fill you with spirit and comedy's to be recommended, please! Kenichi, Fairy Tail, One Piece, and Get Backers style! Things that fill you with spirit but add little depth to your life. Or Gintama hilarious works, too.

Anywho. After I finish Cowboy Bebop I think I am going to try some of these newer series coming out, too. While catching up in Bleach and Shippuden (which basically means: I will watch the new episodes of these two guys as well) I plan to check out the Wolverine Anime and Beezlebub. Wolverine Anime just because, well, it's Wolverine. Beezlebub because I read some of the Manga. From what I recall it was pretty awful, but maybe it'll be better as an Anime. It's really popular if I remember so maybe there's more to it then I'm getting? We'll find out. (Not totally sure, though, cause they're already making ovas 7 episodes in? Is that normal?)

Anywho, so after CB, light heartedness, and these little newbies ^ I plan to do Ergo Proxy, Eden of the East, or .Hack//

Fun times~
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:29 pm

Haha, has my harping finally convinced you to eventually try Eden of the East?? :p
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:40 am

Haha, yep. It's on the list. ^^ I'll get to it sooner or later.

Phew, I finished Cowboy Bebop. I think I started it Monday. Finished it exactly two weeks after I started Baccano! which initially kicked off this obnoxious Anime craze I've been in the last two weeks.

And I think I'm officially done with it. I'll get to the plans I put on my Anime list ^ and up above, but for now, no more Anime. I'm tired and need a reprieve. I am thinking of watching Durarara!! again a few episodes a day, but other than that, no! Two weeks, 3 Animes, and 2 I've wanted to watch for a long time. Finally finished.

I'm glad! I finally got to Anime number 28. ^^ I'm only 2 away from my goal of 30! That's awesome.

But I need a break and to think about other things. Websites. Stuff! So Anime is being put aside. Glad I did it, though. So don't expect me to be so anime crazed the next few days.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:06 am

I actually have been watching a little DRRR!! here and there with my brother. Ah man, so many good memories in that series.

I did start Beezlebub and added my review to the list.

Let's just say, it was exactly what I wanted. Something light hearted and funny that would keep me entertained and laughing. It was like, the perfect Anime at the perfect moment. Anyho, there's a little avatar of it in my signature next to the Bakuman avatar. I plan to keep following Beezlebub. Love it~

So that leads me with shows I want to watch:
    Wolverine
    Ergo Proxy
    Eden of the East
    .Hack//

With .Hack// at the bottom of that list. Seriously. The first two episodes of it really turned me off. But I'm not completely giving up on it. If nothing else but to see the later series. By the way. If you watch different .Hack's, do they count as different Animes? Cause if I see them all that'd make my list like, up 35. But I don't really want to consider that because there will be this big chunk of .Hack//'s messing with the symmetric beauty of my list. Maybe I'll count them as half an Anime to be fair?

Anywho~ I'm also watching an episode or two of Gintama a day whenever I can. It's just something that makes me laugh when I need to pass time. That show is amazing at parodying Animes. I love it. It cracks me up to just no end.

So between Beezlebub and Gintama my spirits are quite lifted. So I suppose I can start the serious Animes soon. Yippee.

Oh yeah, but before I do that I may catch up and finish off Axis Hetalia. I think it's finished and I stopped around episode 20-ish so it'd be good to finish off the second season of that and put an end to that insane series. Love it, but you gotta end it some time, yo.

We'll see. Anyway! For any of you still reading this thing, there we are. ^_^
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 am

There we are!
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:40 pm

I got to say~ Even if the story isn't that great, the art on these new Animes and new episodes of Animes is so good it makes up for it.

That's what is making judging this Wolverine Anime hard. It's amazingly pretty, I just can't tell if the substance behind it matches up. I'm on episode 3. I don't dislike it? Which is saying something.

Also, the new episode of Naruto Shippuden? Very, very cool. Shippuden may of really been the pits but it's starting to get pretty good. And the Anime art of these battles is just so freaking pretty. You add that to a storyline that is actually starting to be pretty interesting and I must say, you may be seeing the return of an Anime back from sheer stupidity. Of course Naruto himself is almost completely irredeemable, the other characters are working hard to save him.

Bleach, well, is what it is. I don't hate this Fullbring stuff? It may have a Naruto style comeback, but it's far too early to predict anything like that. We'll see. I don't really watch the Anime of it anymore. Too many battles of guys just standing around over a city with swords out. Sorry. Just too many.

One Piece is amazing. :P Not much else need be said, or ever said. The Whitebeard War is finally ending. That started last AUGUST. The same amount of time that Yoyo and I have been dating. Long time. Although, I must say this Fishman stuff isn't amazing. Though it's getting better.

Bakuman is the series I look forward to most each week. Love it. The Manga is so interesting and the Anime is tops. I love it. Straight up love this series.

And that's where I'm at. ^^ After I'm done with Wolverine (whether I keep up with it is not certain yet) I'll probably start Ergo Proxy or Eden Of The East. Both series heavily pushed by miss Sammy~ And I've had my fair share of goofiness after Gintama, Axis Hetalia, and Beezlebub. I'm ready for a good ole serious one, now. ^_^

Oh! That reminds me. I do watch the occasional episode of Gintama whenever I need to kill some time, too. Love that series. It's one of the funniest series ever. So entertaining. I'm on episode 53 currently. Though I'm starting to take a break on it again so who knows when I'll pick it back up. There's going to be a second season of it soon! That will be fun. ^_^ Hopefully it's Gintama Z ~ Haha.

Anywho! For the most part my mega Anime kick that ruled me in February is dead. Though I'm still watching lots of Anime I'm not nearly as obsessed or addicted as I was there for a while. Which is good! I needed time to relax after watching so many in a row.
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:34 pm

I've heard from a friend sabo is gonna be entering the scene O__O"
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:46 am

That makes sense, considering that's where they are in the Anime.
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:19 pm

they're doing some concept arts already and such. though i really want to know what happened to him . . . . ~__~
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:13 pm

So I'm on episode 6 of Wolverine.

Wow. Some of these guys's lines are soooo cheesy. It's like. Wow.

And some of these characters are sooooo ugly. Omega Red? Hideous!!!!!!!!!!

Some of these plot twists are so classic comic book cliche, too! And even the battling can be kinda mih because it's done comic-book style.

That said, I kinda like it. Do I have complaints? Yes. But it's not that bad.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:18 pm

I haven't watched much lately...

But I have seen a lot of Naruto. And I have a new snazzy Shippuden Avatar.
    neon kun
    neon kun
    First Lieutenant

Post by neon kun Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:49 pm

BAKUMAN Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 6 938342Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 6 938342Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 6 938342
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:58 pm

Does Jan like Bakuman? ^^
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Post by Bakura Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:30 pm

From what I heard, Wolverine was made because apparently, they didn't like what the States did with the DBZ Live Action, so they decided to "destroy" some of our classics. Truth or not, I don't know, but it's what I read somewhere.

Anyway, as for .hack//, you don't necessarily have to watch them all, in fact, I don't think the original was even placed into manga / anime. It was a game, I think, starting with Infection, and continuing with Mutation and Quarantine. I think .hack//gift was trying to say, that after the event of .hack//sign, the events that went on in thevideo games took place roughly the same time. But I havent' seen any of that in a while, so I could be mistaken.

Anyway, as for counting them as the same series, if you can count Yugioh, GX, and 5d's, and now Zexal as one series, then I don't see why not.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Yeah, there's no way that's true, Nogitsune. You clearly read that from a nerd with an issue. Yeah.

Maybe, but if I watch it, I am going to watch it right. Yep.

Hm. Hard to say. If I actually watched all those series I might count them as different, but since I didn't, I can't say. But since I am counting Hetalia and World series as the same, I guess I should do the same for .Hack//

Right now I'm not watching a lot of Anime, but I plan to start Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann in the next couple of days. If I like it, then there's series 30! So that'll be cool.

Um, I'm also watching a lot of Gintama again. It comes and goes. I'm watching the latest episodes since the new season started, and right now I'm also on episode 66. The show is so funny, and 58-60 was a really great arc. Can't wait to catch up. ^_^ So yeah, that's what I'm up to.

Other than that, I have just been keeping up with the shows I already watch. Bakuman just had a finale, sadly.

Um, this is basically: Beezlebub, Naruto Shippuden, Fairy Tail, One Piece, Gintama, and that's pretty much it, I think.
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:58 pm

is Fairy tail any good?
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Post by Bakura Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:31 pm

quater wrote:Yeah, there's no way that's true, Nogitsune. You clearly read that from a nerd with an issue. Yeah.
    Prolly.

Maybe, but if I watch it, I am going to watch it right. Yep.
    Gotcha.

Hm. Hard to say. If I actually watched all those series I might count them as different, but since I didn't, I can't say. But since I am counting Hetalia and World series as the same, I guess I should do the same for .Hack//
    That would work then.

Right now I'm not watching a lot of Anime, but I plan to start Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann in the next couple of days. If I like it, then there's series 30! So that'll be cool.
    I didn't stop... I'm just waiting for the next manga to come out for the one I do watch. I kinda refused to watch Gurren Lagaan, for likely, the same reason you didn't watch FLCL at first. But, I do love the one opening for it, I think it's an opening... Yup, opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC50LN2a6rY <<< Violin duet cover of Screamer and Usako.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4f7np2sGMY <<< English fandub by Geekyfandubs

Um, I'm also watching a lot of Gintama again. It comes and goes. I'm watching the latest episodes since the new season started, and right now I'm also on episode 66. The show is so funny, and 58-60 was a really great arc. Can't wait to catch up. ^_^ So yeah, that's what I'm up to.

Other than that, I have just been keeping up with the shows I already watch. Bakuman just had a finale, sadly.

Um, this is basically: Beezlebub, Naruto Shippuden, Fairy Tail, One Piece, Gintama, and that's pretty much it, I think.

Comments in red, and two links.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Kai wrote:is Fairy tail any good?

I view Fairy Tail as One Piece's little kid brother. Its a kids show. But if you don't take it seriously, its highly entertaining and has some really funny moments and some pretty decent fights. And some really fun characters. The show has a lot of characters you just have to love.

But, I know some people who just straight up hate Fairy Tail because they take it way too seriously...
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Um? I didn't watch FLCL because I didn't really understand what I was watching. Oh yeah, I still haven't seen it, either. Whoops. Should do that at some point.

Except I counted FMA and Brotherhood as different, hm?
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Male Posts : 400

Post by TheFirstKnight Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:42 pm

FLCL was a trip when I first saw it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:54 am