Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

+12
neon kun
Bakura
TheFirstKnight
KarateKeyaQ
SammyTheBootlegger
Shadow Raver
Kai
Ghost
Yoyo
Mikel
Destinykil
quater
16 posters

Q's Anime/Manga List

quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 11 Empty Re: Q's Anime/Manga List

Post by quater Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Haven't seen Mr. Chang yet. Just met the crazy Ninja umbrella maid. What's with umbrellas being weapons in Anime? (Kagura of Gintama had the same deal..) Then again, what's with Maids being ninjas in Anime? (Code Geass had one too.)

I don't mind Rock being like that. I don't really mind Revvy being psycho, either. But my favorite is Dutch. And Benny seems alright with what little screen time he's had.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:56 pm

Just finished the first season. 12 more episodes to go~

And met Mr. Chang. Yeah. He rocks. ^^ One of the coolest characters....ever, mhm.

I like how communists and former communists keep ending up as the bad guys, haha.

TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Male Posts : 400

Post by TheFirstKnight Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:29 am

Dutch is a pretty good character as well. I have to agree, Mr. Chang is one of the coolest characters I've seen in anime.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:22 pm

I really like Dutch.

And Mr. Chang is pretty cool. I have seen a lot of really cool characters, but he's definitely in the competition. *I don't know who would be the coolest on the spot*
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:07 pm

All this BL talk makes me think I need to pick it up again. But maybe that can wait until after I catch up Gintama a little bit. Speaking of which - it seems like the interenet is conspiring to have me watch Gintama as slowly as possible!!! Every episode (excepting none!) has had some sort of issue for me thus far -_-

quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:38 pm

Pick it up again. It's Q and TFK recommended, now. ^^

Dang. Gintama's so good. I wonder why the internet is out to thwart ya.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:48 am

Finished. The ending arc wasn't my favorite, but still a great series. Ballaleika is pretty freaking crazy.

Rock kinda bothered me there at the end, but other than that, haha. Also, in that last second of the series did Revy kill Edna? Hm..

Well, anyway. I feel like the last arc was kinda...anti-climactic overall. The sword fight part was cool, but considering the Mr. Chang stuff and the fight over the girl with the plates, and the crazy twins, the stuff going on in Japan with Rock was boring-ish.

But hey, I guess that's good in a way. The series was so good I was unhappy when it didn't meet its own standard. Loved it! Thanks for the recommend, TFK. Couldn't stop watching it the past two days.

Ah, what's next? Not sure... Probably Legend of The Twilight, though. Been meaning to get that crossed off. Just buckle down and finish off this DotHack stuff once and for all. Or at least get closer to finishing it.

Oh, if you have any other suggestions of Anime I might like, TFK, I'll take em.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:00 pm

I watched Fooly Cooly today. Mainly because it was only 6 episodes I wanted to go ahead and get it off my super long Anime list already. And I'd talked about watching it before but didn't get to it.

It was made back in 2000 and it shows...Aye. I'm happy to have it off my list.

I didn't really enjoy it...at all, really. I can't say I completely disliked it, but I wanted to stop watching it and only kept going because it was six episodes anyway.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:38 am

O: I liked FlCl!
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:23 am

Eh, sorry. ^^; It just wasn't...my style, I guess. I'm not into artistic stuff, or something :P No idea. Just seemed pointless..... I kept getting distracted while I watched it. Didn't hold my attention at all. Sorry ^^; But I tried and stuck it out?

Got farther in .Hack//Twilight. Now instead of episode 1 I am on episode 5. Woo! It's not great...but it isn't too bad. Can watch it while on AIM and its kinda, alright. .Hack//Sign was extremely melodramatic. .Hack//Twilight is ridiculously kiddish. But it's definitely a step up overall. Um. The main two characters, though, are a twin brother and sister. And there is like, way too much love between the two of them going on O_o; It's freaky and borderline incestuousness...

Other than that, though, it's okay. I'll be happy when I've got it and the DotHack franchise crossed off. Hopefully Roots is decent and makes watching it all worth it. But if not, at least I did it. ^^;

Let's see, I also started Ergo Proxy. I think it will likely be my next Anime. Seemed interesting, though a little dark-creepy, but I can deal, probably.

After that, it will either be: Darker Than Black, Rave Master, Blood+, or Shakugan No Shana. I want to see all of them (and many, many more!) but which one I pick will depend on my mood, probably. Seen the first episode of Darker Than Black a long time ago, but I wanted to try it again.

Man, there's just so much to watch, though, geez.

Oh well. This is dependent on my Anime watching streak lasting out...

And I have to get it all done in the next month or so. After that, well, my Anime viewing will take a big decrease. I am pretty sure I'll be lucky/doing my best just to continue the series I have...

So that's probably why I've been watching so much lately. In preparation for that.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:52 am

Of those options I would like to recommend Darker than Black. The first few episodes are a bit slow - they introduce you to new characters and explain the various forms of powers (contractors/moratoriums and whatnot) but once you get past those, it's fabulous.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:25 am

Thanks. ^ Because of that I probably will.

So, I am not sure how many of you noticed, but I was not able to give you guys decent reviews lately of the Anime I've been finishing due to my Anime list being so long that it broke the first post. There's like, a 160,000 character limit... or something absurd and I actually went over it with my Anime List.

Yikes.

I'm not proud (I'm a little proud) but it happens. So for the past month I wasn't able to update any new Anime I posted.

But I was writing the reviews and getting them ready. I just was taking my time about fixing the actual list itself. And now I have. I moved part of the list to the post right beneath my first post. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to go from one post to the next (I made it look pretty, too). I saved the original text of the post in a spoiler on the bottom, but if I run out of room again I'm deleting it no problem. There wasn't anything really prevalent to Anime right now going on! (I mostly just listed Anime I wanted to watch back then, which was D.Gray-Man, Kenichi, and GITS. All series I have long ago watched and reviewed.)

Anyway! So now my list is current and up to date. Although, if you've paid any attention to the posts I make in here you can pretty much guess the reviews.

Anyway, I took off my "Planning to watch" anime list. Might bring it back but it was kind of a pain to keep up. And, yeah, I do plan to make this list even more um, informative of what I'm watching and keeping up with soon. (I have an idea!) I just need to do it. That will come later, though!

Anyway! (Three paragraphs started that way. New record!) I do my best to keep this thing updated and clean for you guys. No real reason, I guess. It just makes me happy and I hope someday you'll want to watch or read something, look over my list, find the right series, and be satisfied! Bwahaha, I am cheesy.

But yeah, I take care of this thing.... too much care. Oh well. I'm weird.

So there you go! Enjoy. ^_^

I've finished 36 Animes. Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 11 152512 Although the last few have been short/new series...Yeah. Oh well! ^_^;
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:47 am

Finished the first season of Black Butler. Not sure what I'll do about the second Season. But I really enjoyed the first season. Also known as Kuroshitsuji (I believe is how it was spelled).

Great series. ^^ It was kind of a surprise that I picked it up, but Yoyo highly recommended it. I enjoyed it.

I'll see about season 2. Might read the manga or something. Anywho. ^^ So, there we are with that.

Next series will likely be: Ergo Proxy, Rave Master, and/or Darker Than Black.

Also, working on Legend Of The Twilight, too. ^^ Halfway done with that 13 episode series. That'll be nice to have finished.

I am surprised I haven't burned out on Anime yet, to be honest. This has been going for about two solid weeks now of Anime watching. But I don't mind. I'd like to watch as much as I can now while I still have the opportunity to watch it. ^^

And, you know, Anime kind of rocks.

Ah, forgot* I'm also going to be looking into Toriko after hearing some pretty strong reviews of it. So that'll come sometime in the future as well.

For now, that's my list! ^^
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:49 pm

I just finished the third episode of No. 6 and my opinion of it has changed a lot. The first two episodes were slow, odd, and I don't know. Not my style. I felt like the series was trying too hard to be artistic.

However, the series really grew on me with the newest episode. There's a lot of potential for a good show in this, after all. ^_^
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Post by TheFirstKnight Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:26 pm

It looks like The Q has watched more anime than me, but that's to be expected since it looks like The Q has been burning through anime at an amazing rate.

If anyone is interested of what I have seen over the years here's a link to a list that I keep pretty updated. Just click all anime.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/TheFirstKnight

I've pretty much stopped watching anime and started watching cable tv shows I've missed over the years.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:00 pm

That looks like a pretty cool Anime list. I might need to make one myself. ^^

And I've seen a lot of Anime lately, but I'm not sure if I've seen more than you. You've checked out 70 series total.... Hm.

You stopped OP just a tad too early. Oh well. Maybe someday you'll get past that.

And!

Yeah, I have been watching a ton of Anime lately. It's kinda crazy... I am sure I'll burn out soon but until I do I am just gonna enjoy it. ^^
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Post by TheFirstKnight Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:06 am

Well most of those are anime movies, so I'm not sure if that counts.

As per One Piece, I'll pick up and finish the story I'm on then I'm going to watch some other animes.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:38 am

I just realized! You're at episode 190, right? That's filler, I am pretty sure!

If you've finished Skypeia skip to the Davy Back Fights. Short little arc, then skip again (a few more pieces of filler) to Water 7 and CP 9. Makes the Anime totally worth it and from there the series gets relatively great. ^^ (Thriller Bark and the tiny Duval arc not withstanding)
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16
    Grunt

Female Posts : 268

Post by CrispinFreemanWatcher16 Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:45 am

Qfiki i watched Black Butler too :] it was a good but i also haven't watched the 2nd season of it for some reason to me I think it would've been fine if it had ended right there for just one season.
    Darker Than Black was an awesome anime, i really liked the story & i was hooked on it really quickly^_^

Now i need to catch up on latest 2 episodes of Ao No Exorcist soon & just started reading the manga of it.
    Then yesterday I started watching sub of Honey & Clover on Netflix and its pretty interesting and funny anime
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Post by TheFirstKnight Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:49 am

I'm pretty much at the end of the Skypeia arc. I am probably going to finish it and take a break from One Piece since the fansub group Kaizoku fansubs is only on episode 298.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:36 pm

I see. Well, do give it another go someday. The series really does get better... (I know, I've been saying that a long time already..) You've gotten through some of the roughest arcs of it. ^^;

I am glad you liked BB! I feel the same way, Cris. It's like, if I start the second season or the Manga, then I mess with just such a perfect ending that I'm afraid to do that willy nilly. It's not often I find a series I like just the way it is.

DTB has been highly recommended to me by SSS.

After I finish .Hack//Legends Of The Twilight and try out Ergo Proxy I do believe DTB will be next on my list. Possibly the second season of Black Butler or another .Hack// might intercede there. Also, Rave Master, Shakugan No Shana (you recommended that one, Cris), and Toriko are other series I am highly curious about.

Ah, Anime. There's just so much of you and I want to see all of it. Soon! Curses. But I'm making considerable progress the past few weeks. So I'll just keep shooting on through it until I burn out or no longer have this Anime access.
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16
    Grunt

Female Posts : 268

Post by CrispinFreemanWatcher16 Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:16 pm

Same here Q i was just like satisfied with the 1st season of Black Butler that i don't think I will start the 2nd season, but i agree also that i haven't rly stumbled on an anime that makes me think that.

thats cool Q:] I still have yet to finish Shakugan No Shana haha
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:09 pm

I think I'll watch the second season of Black Butler. But right now I'm trying to catch up and finish some other Animes. ^^

I haven't started it. But, I do want to see it when I can!
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:06 am

Finished .hack//Legend Of The Twilight.

Better than it's predecessor .hack//Sign.

But I still found myself really pushing to get through it. It wasn't something I enjoyed all that much. I had to bite down to finish these episodes. Not to mention I had it open in a tab for over a month and felt pretty much no compulsion to watch it. It was something I felt like I had to do; not really wanted.

But it was much more bearable than .Sign. I am hoping .Roots will be the come together of the series. It is the longest of the .hack//'s with 26 episodes. But after watching 36 episodes of the entire franchise so far, I know I can finish this out. ^_^

I'll be pretty proud and happy when the .hack//'s are done. It's something I can always say I've seen, and won't have to watch again. I consider that a success. ^^ Plus they were a pretty big franchise and I was pretty curious about them, and now I know!

Probably going to dip into Ergo Proxy next, though. See if I can knock it out (only a 24 episoder, shouldn't take too long, especially if its a good un). Then, maybe the last .hack// or something else...

So much Anime to watch... I'm doing pretty good, though. In 2 weeks I've managed to knock out a lot of series.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Post by Bakura Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Roots does a fair share of explaining, I thought. I really should re-watch / re-read it all. Then find a means to read //Link.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:04 pm