Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

+12
neon kun
Bakura
TheFirstKnight
KarateKeyaQ
SammyTheBootlegger
Shadow Raver
Kai
Ghost
Yoyo
Mikel
Destinykil
quater
16 posters

Q's Anime/Manga List

Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 3 Empty Re: Q's Anime/Manga List

Post by Bakura Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:56 pm

I liked Jin more as well.

Far as Bebop goes though, it didn't really pick up for me the first time until I got to about episode 5, "Ballad of Fallen Angels". If I'm not mistaken plot really starts getting picking up around then.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

Post by quater Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:58 pm

I see. Then after I finish Kenichi, Ghost In The Shell, and D. Grayman I'll look back into it.

Expect that update to be in three - six months or so.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Neat, look forward to your review of it then. The first four are mostly just to bring all the characters in there.

Ghost in the Shell was amazing too. I made the mistake of following it on Cartoon Network the about 15 episodes in. That was mighty dumb of me.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:49 pm

Is D Grayman worth watching?? I've heard different things about it.

^ Nogi, I did the same thing with GITS -_-
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:18 am

I got my brother D. Grayman for Christmas (the first Manga book) and I read it this weekend. It is mighty interesting (I also love that one of the characters is based off of Yoshida. Go Yoshida!).

Anyway, the Manga was pretty interesting what I've read, and the Anime was somewhat interesting (although I've seen 3 episodes so far). I need to get farther in to tell you what I think, and I have two Animes sitting in the way.

I do plan to watch Cowboy Bebop, by the way.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 3 Empty 2010 Recap

Post by quater Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Q's 2010 Animes and his thoughts

So I decided I wanted to make a list about my thoughts on the Anime I watched in 2010. From the beginning of the year till the end I watched 12 Animes/Mangas and started a few more. I know many of you have used my list to figure out what is worth reading and what isn't, so this is a good place for you to get ideas. Plus I watched and read a lot, so I wanted to kind of recap what was the best and worst of this year.

1Samurai Champloo
    Spoiler:
    Okay! So I finished Samurai Champloo at the beginning of the year during the no OP-Break. I had started it back in 10th grade, but I stopped watching it as randomly as I started it. It was a great little series and was a fun way to start the year. Jin and Mugen are amazing and the sword fights were so cool to watch.

2Code Geass
    Spoiler:
    Afterward I watched Code Geass. Such a good series. One of the best things I've ever watched, still. I really enjoyed it. It's not a Manga, it's only an Anime. And it was basically funded off Pizza Hut. Which makes it so cool. This series was probably why I got so into Anime during 2010. When you start the year off with a series as good as Code Geass everything else falls into place.

3FMA BH
    Spoiler:
    This was the next series I got into. A very good series. Way better than the original. Do watch, please. There's very little to say about it. I got so into FMA BH that I made the randomizer above out of it. It's a freaking legend of Anime, after all.

4Durarara
    Spoiler:
    Honestly, it feels like ages ago since I watched DRRR. I would come home every Friday night after work and I couldn't wait to dive into the latest DRRR. Now it feels like so long ago. But I loved this show. This show and Fairy Tail are apparently the two shows I recommend to people who haven't gotten into Anime in a long time. In fact, just recently I recommended DRRR to someone and he told me that I was amazing for suggesting this to him. So there ya go. The series pretty much sells itself. Sadly its short.

5Fairy Tail
    Spoiler:
    This series is truly entertaining. It's a kids show, true. But I love it. It was really entertaining. I started it in January, stopped it, then picked it up again in June after Abby left me. It was a really bright light during a dark time. I still read it, but I haven't really stayed on it since the Edolas Arc started.

6High School Of The Dead
    Spoiler:
    One of the most ecchi shows I've ever seen. But overall, not bad. I liked it. The zombie theme was fun and done differently. I think it could of been better, but whatever. I'll probably watch Season 2.

7Hellsing
    Spoiler:
    Hellsing was fun. Not as great as people told me it was but hey. Flashy.

I am gonna skip Zombie Loan here...Just cause, yeah. It wasn't that great. Lockdown never made it to an Anime. And SWOT has no reason to be on my list.

8Gintama
    Spoiler:
    HILARIOUS. And pointless. Oh well. It was fun. Recommended if you ever need a laugh. Or to kill time.

And from here we get to Ghost In The Shell and Kenichi, which I am still working on.

The point of this is to tell you about a bunch of series you've likely never seen, since most of these series are new and most of these you probably haven't seen! And it also recaps my year of 2010, which was a great year for Anime. In the next Post I will discuss my series I am still continuing, and then after that I will post about what I plan to do for 2011.

Last edited by quater on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 3 Empty Continuity

Post by quater Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:00 pm

So now that I've gone over what I've watched, lets hit what I'm still watching and reading. Aka, those pesky series that are still going on!

Naruto/Bleach (will be recapped under the same umbrella)

Naruto and Bleach I have been reading for 3 years, so I have invested so much time at this point I am just stuck reading them. Both have seriously declined from their former awesome statuses. Bleach really divebombed this last year. However, hope for Naruto has come. The last two months of Naruto have been a major improvement from the Madara and Sasuke obsessed plot. Kabuto, the guy I predicted 3 years ago would save Naruto from a pointless series plot, has indeed done just that! We just have to hope it's not too late. Or that Madara doesn't hax him out of existence. Much like Aizen did to Gin. Bleach has gotten a bit more interesting lately, but overall it's very bland. I am interested in the 100 chapter history arc, though.

One Piece

While Naruto and Bleach may have taken hits, One Piece has soared to new heights! One Piece was an amazing series and still is. The Whitebeard War that waged throughout most of the year was breathtaking, as has the Anime! And the return of the Strawhats and their adventure to Fishman Island has been exciting and interesting on several levels. One Piece is without a doubt the epitome of greatness in the Anime World.

Bakuman
    Bakuman is always a treat! It's without a doubt one of the best Shonen Jump series there is. I love reading it and look forward to it each week. There's almost no fighting in it, but it balances the main characters struggles to get a manga, their love lives, and the secondary characters in such a dynamic triangle as to be an incredibly suspenseful and interesting series. It is a boy version of a modern day romance, and it's really well. I love it. The author is great and the art styles change so drastically as to fit the theme of each arc. It's truly wonderful. The anime has done just as well at being interesting.

Psyren
    I just finished Psyren. It was a really fun Manga. It was actually really good. The first 100 chapters, especially so. Sadly, when it got axed after a confusing arc, it really was a sad manga to see go. It had so much potential but it just didn't reach. I am hoping the Author's next work picks up this same talent but does it better. I really liked the Main Character's power in this series, and thought there were a lot of cool secondary characters. But as it is finally over, it was a fun read. Really wish it had been made into an Anime...

Cage Of Eden
    This series was something I kind of randomly started, but am really glad I did. It's been a treat since the beginning. Sadly, it has been a smidge bland lately, but I always look forward to it and am excited when it comes out. It's honestly very interesting. It's got a mix of battle Royale meets Lost meets Jurassic park which makes it something else. There's always a mystery and a savage beast waiting to get them. It can be cheesy, but I still like it. I would love to see an Anime of it someday.

Tower of God
    This was suggested to me by the one and only Sammy The Bootlegger. It's pretty good and I like it. The series is about some kid trying to climb up a tower and learning to fight his way through. The last chapter was quite the cliffhanger. I really like the blue haired guy (who with a ponytail looks a ton like a girl...) And the guy who calls everyone turtles is hilarious. Some of the side characters in this series are something else.

Soul Eater
    Been reading this one a while. I didn't pick it up from the beginning I just started reading it, but hey. It's as good as the Anime, and it's interesting. I am not really sure where the series is going, but hopefully we'll find out.

As of right now, this is the only Manga I THINK I am reading. There are other series I am watching and stuff, but these are the series that I have been reading a while and have been keeping up with and plan to keep up with till they end. (Or get so bad they can't be continued)

Last edited by quater on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 3 Empty 2011

Post by quater Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:01 pm

And now to finish off these long posts with my plans for 2011.

I plan to take advantage of all the free time I get to watch Anime. Sadly, it looks like in about 8 months or so my access to Anime will become quite limited, and there are a ton of series I've wanted to watch for a long time. The problem is, I've stayed behind and slow in my Anime. I want to see them all before my access gets swiped.

So first, I plan to finish Kenichi. Love the series. Want to finish that bad boy!
    Then Ghost In The Shell. I am not a huge fan so far, but it's been alright. I'll give it about 15 episodes and see where I go with it.
    D. Gray man, from the Manga at least, has looked really interesting. So i want to get into it. Problem is it's over a 100 episodes. So it'll take a while.
    Cowboy Bebop is a must. After seeing some of it with a friend, I know I need to watch this oldie.
    Afterward I am interested in Ergo Proxy.

From there I am not sure where I will go anime wise. I want to see:
    Trigun, Trinity Blood, Blood + (Saw all three of these on Toonami/Adult swim at one point). And I also want to watch Rurouni Kenshin which I have started several times...

Whether I get to these series and other new series that may come out this year, hard to say. Please continue to recommend me shows, especially new ones that are good. I like to hop into a series in the first few episodes of its coming out so I have less I need to watch, and I can cycle it into my weekly anime/manga cycle. If you've seen my list, you'll know that I take recommendations pretty seriously, so I will listen to you.
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Male Posts : 400

Post by TheFirstKnight Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:16 am

Ghost in the Shell is on my list of anime to watch. Now whether I get to it is a different story.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:11 am

I know I've mentioned this one before but I think I want to bring it up again. Eden of the East ^^
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:50 am

You have mentioned it before, but I don't know. Is it a shorty?
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:22 am

Fairly short, yes.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:43 am

Then I might be able to work it in! ^^

Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:11 am

Sammy - I think I caught it at the episode with Tachikoma going crazy

quater wrote:Cowboy Bebop is a must. After seeing some of it with a friend, I know I need to watch this oldie.

Woo! I do hope you enjoy it!
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Finished Kenichi! A part of me is like, "Wooh, finally can move on!" and a part of me is sad it's over.

I really liked Kenichi. 9 out of 10 for fun.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Such a bittersweet feeling - finishing a good anime. ^^
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Male Posts : 9949

Post by Yoyo Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Indeed. However, a good ending can make it quite alright. ^^
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:20 pm

I liked the ending to Kenichi. It was kinda cheesy, but I liked it.
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Post by Yoyo Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Cheesy is a-okay~
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:29 pm

In most situations!
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:35 pm

It wasn't too much cheesiness. Just enough to give me the feel-goods.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:45 pm

Oh good. The good kind.
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Post by Yoyo Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:48 pm

Mm, yes, of course the feelgoods are important.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Where would we be without them??
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Post by Yoyo Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:09 pm