Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

+12
neon kun
Bakura
TheFirstKnight
KarateKeyaQ
SammyTheBootlegger
Shadow Raver
Kai
Ghost
Yoyo
Mikel
Destinykil
quater
16 posters

Q's Anime/Manga List

Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 9 Empty Re: Q's Anime/Manga List

Post by Bakura Fri May 13, 2011 2:39 pm

That's an interesting name for a series. O-o
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

Post by quater Fri May 13, 2011 7:09 pm

Sure, sure~
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Wed May 18, 2011 10:59 pm

I just did a google search for "Toppa Teppa toofu taka toki tokes" (without the quotes), and the first link was here. xD
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun May 22, 2011 7:28 pm

That makes me immensely happy. I guess that Google understands I am the expert on the matter. ^_^
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Mon May 23, 2011 2:31 am

xD Just may be!
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:39 am

Finished the 211 episode Goliath that is Gintama.

Wow.

I'll review it, um, later. I still need to figure out how to describe this series. It's something else. ^_^

Next shows like to be watched: Gurren Lagann, XXXHolic, or .Hack//

Or...you know, something completely random that I chose. ^_^
    Blackiepaper
    Blackiepaper
    Civilian

Female Posts : 15

Post by Blackiepaper Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:54 am

you will love Gurren Lagann Q! very filing and hillarious plot and for me personally the art and animation is epic it was a verry refreshing and addictive watch
    XXX holic is awesome for the fact that they make so many references to other animes and they play on superstitions (though it can be slow at times) and it's been awhile sense I've watched .Hack// but I remember loving it (watched it as a little kid-ish!)
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Really? I got 4 episodes into Gurren Lagann and haven't seen any more of it. I wasn't overly impressed by the first 4 episodes, but we'll see.

XXXHolic wasn't even something I intended to watch, but Yoyo watched it last night and made me curious about it. ^^

.Hack// I started and got two episodes into before stopping. But, I want to see it so I plan to do better.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:39 pm

I couldn't get into Gurren Lagann.

I enjoyed XXXHolic. The anime's art style irked me some. Everyone was rather lanky, but I think that'd grow on me soon enough. Least it wasn't done like Reign's. >.<
    Blackiepaper
    Blackiepaper
    Civilian

Female Posts : 15

Post by Blackiepaper Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Gurren Lagann gets deep latter on but in the beggining its more so kinda slapstick humor in a way (like I said I like the art so it got mee hooked just for that )

and I agree with you on XXXholic nogitsune, they elongate the appendages and made them tube like. and made the heads kinda balooish (in my opinion) it distracted me just a bit
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Hm...Interesting.

We'll see. I don't dislike Gurren Lagann, I just haven't been drawn into it yet. But I suspected that was how it was going to go.

As for XXXHolic, I don't care if people are lanky or not, really.

We'll see how it goes. ^^
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:54 pm

G'luck anyway!
    I'm just irked by certain artstyles is all. xD
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:15 pm

I revised my review of Gintama now that I've finished catching up.

Gintama is 211 episodes, 11 of which came out since I started it. ^^ Since they started airing Gintama again (it took a year long break to give the Manga a chance to get farther so that the Anime wouldn't have to do filler).

Gintama, despite being crazy, does stick very close to the source Manga.

Gintama is amazingly funny. It takes a while to start. For me, I put it away after I started it and ended up watching Kenichi, Ghost in the Shell, D.Gray-Man, Cowboy Bebop, Baccano!, and Beelzebub before I got back into it.

But once you start digging in, even though it feels impossibly long, it's really fun. ^_^ Very enjoyable. Several nights I got yelled at for laughing too loudly due to this silly series. And the serious story-lines and melancholy ones woven in prove to make Gintama surprisingly indepth and fun.

Anyway, happy I finally caught up. You'll probably see Gintama avatars for a while as I try to animate the awesome-ish stuff into my avatar.

Next up seems to be Gurren Lagann. Already started pushing farther into this series. Compared to the 211 episodes I saw of Gintama and the 104 episodes I watched of D.Gray-man back in February this little 28 episoder seems like it'll be pretty simple to watch. Especially cause I'm already a few episodes into it.

After Gurren Lagann I'm probably going to watch either XXXHolic or .Hack//. I started .Hack// in January but stopped watching it. However, I've been curious about it for eons and want to see it. XXXHolic is something Yoyo started watching and made me rather curious about. ^^

I also have been curious about the series Fooly Cooly lately, so at some point I'll pick that up. And I plan to finish Axis World Powers Hetalia or whatever its called. Cause, I'm like halfway through it but never finished it.

There's like, a long list of series I still want and plan to watch, but these are all the immediate ones I'm looking into viewing now that I've finally taken Gintama off my plate.

Oh, and as for the art style of Gurren Lagann. To be honest, it seems like the art is kind of old? It was aired in 2007 according to Wikipedia. Same time as Deathnote started airing? And Gintama was airing around that time, too.

So why does it look like an early 2000's or 90's art style? ^^;;
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:13 am

I finished and added my review of Gurren Lagann to the list.

I also edited some pictures that weren't working (the OP one, Beelzebub, and Code Geass ones).

And I edited my final ratings of Beelzebub and Naruto. Naruto went up to 7.5 stars from 3 stars and Beelzebub went down to 7.5 stars from 8.5 (I believe).

Gurren Lagann was an 8 star show, pretty great. Only 27 episodes (I say only because after a 104 DGM and 211 Gintama 27 episodes only took me about 2 days of serious watching to accomplish) but I really liked it.

Like I said in my review it had several elements of Code Geass and a few strings of Soul Eater in it. But these only enhanced my appreciated of the series. Glad I watched it and stuck it out because I really wasn't inclined to for a while there in the beginning.

I finally completed my goal which was to have 30 good Animes completed and under my belt by the end of the summer. I got it done by the beginning of summer so the rest of the Anime I see from here out are just bonuses! In some cases (like D.Gray-man, Ghost In The Shell, Cowboy Bebop) I knew I'd get these shows on my list or give up on them completely. And then others (like Gurren Lagann, Baccano!, Beelzebub) just sprung out of nowhere and got in there. Still, since last August I've seen 10 Animes. Some short like Baccano! and some immense like Gintama. When I first made this list I think I had 23/24 Animes? Now I've got 30 and will probably get a few more up before summer.

So all in all, pretty accomplishing. Most of the series are pretty good, too. Almost none of them do I regret watching and most of them I'd rewatch. There are a few exceptions and a few that really didn't make an impact (Zombie Loan, SWOT, Ghost In The Shell) but overall this list is comprised of what I would consider are really good series and would recommend you watch them.

To add! My list is also comprised of mostly new and continuing series. Sure, there are some older ones, but overall my series are vastly from the year 2007 or so on (and/or being continued or continued past 2007). These aren't a bunch of obscure old Animes or series people haven't heard of! I have proudly watched a bunch of mainstream mostly new series. Series that people who aren't into Anime or think Anime isn't producing as good a shows as it used to I can point to my list and say, "Oh yeah? Well take a look here there are quite a few good shows still coming out!" And they don't have to be super obscure, either. So hah! ^_^

Although a few of them are obscure...Cage Of Eden (I have yet to meet a single other fan of this series on the internet...), Get Backers, Psyren, etc.

Still, all in all, I'm pretty proud of this accomplishment of 30 Animes. Because most of the ones I chose weren't super short, either. 211 episode Gintama, 104 episode D.Gray-man, 50 episode Kenichi. These aren't just series you can knock out in a night they take time to watch. (Admittedly, Baccano! I knocked out in one night, but hey...)

Anyway, lots of rambling was done here. ^^ My next few Animes I already talked about so I'll just let you know which one I start and how I feel about it once I get there.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:28 am

I finished Eden Of The East and posted my review. 11 episodes so it was really quick to watch. Anime 31. ^^

I apparently have crossed the amount of characters you can have in one post limit (65000) and as such broke my first post. Although I still managed to get my review of Anime 31 up it seems the stuff toward the bottom got scraped off. I saved it all and will work on editing it up later. ^^ It'll probably all move to a second post or something.

Anyway. That's about it. I am not sure if I'll start .Hack// or XXXHolic yet. I definitely won't tonight.

But that's that. ^^
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:34 am

I have restarted .Hack//signs. I am on episode 7.

I'm going to really try to get through at least .Hack//signs this time. The others look better and more interesting and I have been told they are. I want to go in order as they were made/chronological order, and all. That's why I am starting with Signs and sticking with Signs.

Hopefully, though, once I get through this one I can enjoy the rest of the Franchise without so much work. ^^

The series has gotten more interesting...but it's still not that good, in my opinion. We'll see, though. It's getting more tolerable, albeit a lot more weird, too.

And that's where it stands. After Signs I'll either head into the next .Hack or watch XXXHolic. A part of me wants to watch all the .Hack//'s and get them over with, and another part of me wants to split it up with other Animes so it's not such a burden to finish this series. Haven't quite decided how I'll be playing it. ^^ I'll probably have a better idea once I finish Signs, though. Or at least get farther into it.

Still, I'm rather proud of myself for getting farther in this. It's been on my list since like, January so it's nice to finally be picking it off, too. Especially since I've been struggling with watching it since January or so as well.

I've really been cleaning house lately. ^^
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:19 am

After watching the latest episode of Beelzebub I realized I was too harsh and that Beelzebub was building up to some good stuff I was just impatient about it.

Back to 8 stars for that series and I have a feeling that rating will stick. ^^ Deleted my revised review because it was wrong.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:30 am

Booyah for Eden of the East ~
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Haha, thank you for your addition to the Q Anime thread, Sam. ^_^
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:58 am

Still watching .Hack//Signs. It's very slow going for whatever reason.

But I'm getting close to the end, and Kai's told me that this one is the worst of the .Hack//'s.

I want to watch and know the .Hack// franchise. The idea interests me and the story is kind of neat. It's just this one is very somber and depressing and it messes with my vibe, making it hard for me to swallow it at once. I have to do it pretty slowly along with other Animes.

If I don't, I spiral into sadness~ (I get into stories they do have effects on my mood!)

Anywho. And so! I've also been watching Sket Dance. It's a very light series. It's extremely similar to Gintama. Which makes sense, since it was created by an assistant to Gintama and its got a very similar humor.

If Fairy Tail is the children's version of One Piece, then Sket Dance is the children's version of Gintama, I think. That's the simplest way to look at it.

But it's pretty good. I like it. It's a brand new series so only like, 11 episodes out. But I think it's pretty decent. It's gotten some laughs out of me and that's a sign of a successful comedy. And if I weren't watching .Hack//Signs at the same time I'd of already caught up in Sket Dance. And I kind of can't wait to.

So that's where I am. Almost finished with .Hack//Signs and over halfway into the new series Sket Dance. I recommend Sket Dance if you don't mind a kid's anime with a very silly sense of humor. I recommend .Hack//Signs if you're into emo or something. I'll admit, the plot is interesting, and it can be neat at times. I think I kind of like it, after 20 episodes. But still, it's not a very action packed Anime and it's very dramatic.

I think part of the reason it bugs me at times is it pokes buttons about me in real life, haha. ^^;;

Oh well!

So that's what's up, guys. ^^ After I finish .Hack//Signs and Sket Dance I plan to watch .Hack//Twilight Bracelet (I think that's the next one in order) and then I'll probably also watch another light (and most likely short) Anime on the side. I just have to decide what.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:28 am

Twilight Bracelet was a fun one. Unfortunately, I dun think the manga was too long. I hear a lot about .hack//link as well, but that's manga only, and seeing as TokyoPop is getting shut down, it's not getting finished anytime soon.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:43 am

What series does Tokyopop produce? Any I watch or would know?
    neon kun
    neon kun
    First Lieutenant

Post by neon kun Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:54 am

D: QLALA. ONE PIECE. I KNOW NOW THE DAD AND THE GRANDPA AND OHLALA :))
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:02 pm

To be honest Q, I have no idea. xD

Quite a few series aren't going to be published, so if physical manga and dvd's are your thing, it's not going to be either quite postponed, or cancelled.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:17 pm

Haha. You found out finally, Jan? Oiy, that was a long time ago when I teased you about that, haha. ^__^;

No big deal for me really, Luna. ^^

Alright, finished .hack//Sign. I'll come up with a review for it eventually. ^^

Started .hack//Legend Of The Twilight Bracelet in the meantime. Wow. Talk about a big difference between that and .Hack//Sign. Like, night and day here.

But anyway. It's only 12 episodes long so I'll probably have Twilight Bracelet finished up in the next couple of days. After that I have to watch Liminality, Quantum, and Roots, still. But I'm happy that I got Sign accomplished. It's the longest of the Anime .Hack//'s and according to Kai, the toughest. ^^

Twilight Bracelet doesn't seem near as somber or melancholy. But it also doesn't seem very good. So we'll see how that goes down.

So I'm making progress. I haven't seen any Sket Dance since I started it last week, but I want to watch more of it. I just keep getting distracted by all this .hack// stuff. And I want to finish .Hack// because it's been on my "To-Watch" list since January and I'm finally making progress in this franchise. ^^

Oh, I'm watching the .Hack//'s in order as they were made, too. 'Cause that's the proper order to watch them.

There's still so many Animes and Mangas I want to check out, oiy. But at least I'm starting to make progress, or it feels like I am slowly getting into some.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:14 pm