Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

Grr....

Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Grr.... Empty Grr....

Post by Bakura

I was literally growling at my computer earlier. Facebook gave me some lovely messages. Such as..
    "Inauthentic Name - Temporary Block"

And...

"Unfortunately, the name you entered was not approved by our system. Please wait 10 minutes and then try again.

Make sure you enter your name correctly and that it complies with our formatting guidelines. Please note that if your next attempt is also unsuccessful, your account may be disabled."

Apparently, my name is too common. My name is John, so I MUST be using an alias. And apparently the random account checker decided to believe that my last name was also false.

They ask me for my name, so I put it up in there. They tell me it's false and ask me to retry in 10 minutes using my real name.... Seriously? Then I see a little comment, which was mentioned up there. "... your account may be disabled." Wtf?

http://iffybizness.blogspot.com/2011/05/facebook-inauthentic-name-temporary.html

Some other guy had the same problem, was asked to send in a photo ID to claim it's actually him.

There are some other things too... but I don't think I've EVER hated the internet and the people who "run" it as much as i do now.
    Share this post on: reddit

KarateKeyaQ

Post Wed May 25, 2011 6:14 pm by KarateKeyaQ

LOL!
    That's ridiculously amusing.
    How can they tell you what your real name is? Grr.... 551501
    quater

Post Wed May 25, 2011 11:48 pm by quater

Yeah...that's weird. O_o;
    Bakura

Post Thu May 26, 2011 1:09 am by Bakura

I know right? It's utterly insane. I feel bad for all of the John Smiths out there.
    Waedlane

Post Thu May 26, 2011 9:46 pm by Waedlane

ah facebook, is it even worth it?
    Bakura

Post Fri May 27, 2011 2:48 am by Bakura

In general? Not at all. However, some friends of mine strictly use Facebook, and nothing else. So, i sign up for services I don't like so I can talk to people I love. xP
    Mikel

Post Fri May 27, 2011 1:22 pm by Mikel

how amusing.
    SammyTheBootlegger

Post Sun May 29, 2011 10:57 pm by SammyTheBootlegger

Nogitsune wrote:I know right? It's utterly insane. I feel bad for all of the John Smiths out there.

I know a Jon Smith ^^
    Bakura

Post Mon May 30, 2011 12:32 pm by Bakura

Actually.. I thin James outdid John a few years ago.. but still. xD

In any case, should be easily taken care of if you put in a middle name.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:19 am