Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

4 posters

Manga Opinion

Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Male Posts : 53

Manga Opinion Empty Manga Opinion

Post by Sadhbh Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:44 pm

Was bored so i normally just pick a manga at random and start reading the 1st few chapters to see if they draw me in. So i happened to stumbleupon this one called Shiinake no Hitobito (There seems to be little on the manga in terms of information :( but at the minute there are 13 translated manga and to me due to the lenght of them it is a monthly manga. It says it started in 2009 so there should be like 20+ japanese ones out but it seems like there have been gaps in the scanlators that work on it)

Shiinake no Hitobito so its a ninja manga...and before u stop reading this post (joke about naruto, which i read but wow has it gone down hill lol) u should have a quick look at this manga. If u like Full Metal Panic then ull love it. One scanlator says its an Action Comedy Romance Shounen, def a shounen manga but def not really a romance manga. There is a cliché japanese romance theme in the manga, cute girl, a past meeting between main characters, a promise and the guy not remembering it but still vaguely remembers something with a childhood friend ...Yh i know uve seen it all before. Me too haha

The main thing that makes this manga a good read is the Comedy, man is it funny, im sure i burst out loud laughing at least twice per chapter. THe story is well done, characters are fun and although there is fan service (oh how i hate u fan service!!) it is mild and not panty shot panty shot panty shot...there is implied fan service but no art on it. Like nose bleeds and white lights etc.

I have to recommend this to everyone, if u want a laugh (although some japanese jokes are lame like fart jokes that happen like twice with the tokan comedy old guy) Ull love this manga. Its made me happy about ninja mangas again lol

So read it and give some feed back in this topic, im just sad that it has only 13 chapters so far T_T
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Male Posts : 2458

Manga Opinion Empty Re: Manga Opinion

Post by Kai Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:59 pm

Might try that since. I haven't read anything interesting. (well except for bakuman, fairytail and one piece)
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

Post by quater Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:18 pm

I am not sure if this is a general Manga opinion section but Cage Of Eden is a really good Manga I've been reading for like, 2-3 years now. Its ecchi, but other than that I enjoy it. Its not the deepest series you'll ever read, but it has a lot of mystery and action and interesting things that happen. And the main characters are pretty likeable. Its actually one of my favorite series to come out.
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:07 am

quater wrote:I am not sure if this is a general Manga opinion section

Yh its a general manga opinion and suggestion section, for manga u just happen to find and ppl might like.

Yh i read Cage of Eden a few months ago and i now read it every week. Its like Lost in manga form (mostly cause it started after lost started to tap in on its success) But its good and a nice read (even with all the fan service) and they are not afraid to put in some major character changing events. Id suggest it too

Since i normally just randomly pick up a new manga series once a week. I found よつばと! (aka Yotsuba to! or Yotsuba&!, it means 4 leaf clover but in this context it is a name) Right its the current series of the mangaka that did Azumanga Daioh (tho i never read it) and man is it funny. Just a wiki to show its quality as it won an Excellence Award for Manga at the 2006, 2008 Yotsuba&! was nominated for the 12th Osamu Tezuka Culture Award and the Eisner Award "Best Publication for Kids" category.

But heres my opinion main char is a 5yr old and is childish/uninformed of the world/hyper and hence leads to dull average events being extraordinary. Girls might see Yotsuba as super cute too but for me the comedy in this series is enough for anyone to just pick it up and enjoy. Its a slice of life, comedy no battles no amazing art, just a well wrote story of seemly normal stuff that when Yotsuba does, it just ends up funny.

Spoiler:

I would suggest u should read a few chapters of it as if u do ull get hooked like i did haha

Last edited by Sadhbh on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To add a picture of Yotsuba&! art)
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Yotsuba makes me want to have a daughter just like her. :I
    and it's extremely funny in a sense.
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Kai wrote:Yotsuba makes me want to have a daughter just like her. :I
    and it's extremely funny in a sense.

Ull have to find a girlfriend with natural green hair if thats the case lol
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Someone else who reads Cage Of Eden? Cool! ^^

Yeah, I picked it up ages ago. The first chapter says it was based on Lost but the guy changed the format. Lost was a fun series, back in the day.

By the way, Cage Of Eden should totally be an Anime...
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:25 pm

I think I may pick it up.
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:46 pm

quater wrote:Someone else who reads Cage Of Eden? Cool! ^^

Yeah, I picked it up ages ago. The first chapter says it was based on Lost but the guy changed the format. Lost was a fun series, back in the day.

By the way, Cage Of Eden should totally be an Anime...

Man u wouldnt believe the amount of manga i read lol lucky i have a social life or id become some crazy otaku that never goes out. Hmm im not sure that Cage of Eden will get an anime....well maybe like Gantz got an anime, aka 1 season arc. It might get condenced if it does to where all the major plot twists appear and skip some stuff
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:18 pm

Hm... I would love to see it as an Anime, though! Its so enjoyable and I think it'd be a real mind bender and a lot of craziness....

I have seen and read a lot of series and am the same way, thank goodness!
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:03 pm

hey guys. have you ever read the manga judge? or doubt? just wondering.
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:11 pm

Hmm ill read Doubt since its 20chapter completed manga and get back to u tho its plot doesnt grab me right away.

Q yh it would be good (that being said i barely ever watch anime compared to my manga reading) but series with gore/killing dont get long anime series and are shown at nite in Japan soooo witha plot based manga like Cage of Eden its hard to get as an anime.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Well, with its high ecchi content I expected it to be later at night... Hm. We can still hope, right? ^^

I wonder if that's why Psyren never got an Anime, too.

Ah, and yeah, I almost always watch Anime whenever I can get away with not reading the Manga. I love sitting back and turning my brain off and enjoying an Anime episode.
    Sadhbh
    Sadhbh
    Civilian

Post by Sadhbh Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:48 pm

KAI!!!! Why?

Im sooooooo raging now, I just read Doubt and im so angry. I just want to punch the manga (is that possible?) In my head i was just like Bullshite thats Bullshite.

All that being said i liked (maybe i like being annoyed lol) it. Up till the second last chapter and 1/2 of the last chapter i thought it was great. Bullshite for those chapters (tho good, i just call bullshite on it for being annoying) and the last 1/2 of the chapter was a nice rap uo.

I dont know it made me remember the rage i had from watching suicide club and that japanese horror (it wasnt meant to be a funny movie but i just laughed at it ) annoyed me on just how weird plots can go even when the basic plot is good....it just went on adding insane stuff lol

I liked it, id recomened it but man it annoyed me a little haha
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:47 am

lol. well it's kinda psychotic and confusing. punch the creator not your computer. i actually like it. but the creator attempted to make a love moment in the manga that really failed for me. :))

both manga remind me of saw. but in a mild way . . :)) hahaha

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:47 pm