Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

4 posters

Interesting Manga

Amaterasu
    Amaterasu
    Grunt

Male Posts : 164

Interesting Manga Empty Interesting Manga

Post by Amaterasu Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:44 pm

Hello mates y'all and such. I'm here to write about interesting mangas, not necessarily good ones, but interesting.
    Well the first is Magi.

Well Magi is a manga about well magi, or magicians, or something like that. They are also called Oracles. It follows the story of Aladdin a young Magi who gets on these adventures and stuff.
    The characters are excellent and the plot is cool enough. Especially the on going arc. It is at 65 chapters right now and updates like 4 times a week (wicked fast).

Another one is tripeace. It is an interesting one because it is about ending wars, and this really clumsy character wanting to end wars and is really weak. It is a he, but he crossdresses at times, so take that into account. Yet he is getting stronger as the series progresses which may take away from it, or may add to it. That im not sure of yet. It is funny and a bit different in plot than what I've seen before. Updates like once every 2 weeks or so and has like 16 chapters.

The Third is 6000. It is only 6 chapters in and is a horror story apparently, but it is interesting in its setting. It takes place 6000 meters below sea level. Therefore, the title is pretty leading lol. It seems to focus a bit more on the psychy of people. It updates usually weekly, but hasnt' the past week or two.

More horror are the series doubt and judge. They are done by the same author. Basically psychological horror which well is bloody and has a gore. Just don't read them at night by yourself in a dark room and you will be fine.

breaker New Wave. A sequel to "Breaker" and follows up where the last series ended. *no spoilers* yet it follows a cool story with good characters and has humor in it as well. Updates weekly and has over 50 chapters so far.

Blood Monday series. Not a horror series, but suspenseful with action and brain stuff with the plot which twists and turns every which way. If you like Deathnote you will like this. It is on its third season, and all of them are great. It is about a computer hacker. updates weekly or so.

Piano no Mori. This is a gem in the rough, or diamond in the rough, but whatever. Absolutely amazing series. It is beautiful and touching. Not action orientated, but it catches you and doesn't let go. It is about piano players. One grew up playing an old piano in the forest and has like ubber awesome natural talent, and another who practices really hard at piano all the time. I cannot praise this one enough. It is that good (well I got like 40 chapters in or so I think). It has 85 chapters but I don't know how often it updates.

Some other ones to quickly mention. Biomeat-nectar, akumetsu, aries (vagrant soldier ares), akatsuki (basketball), and parasite are good ones in passing.

What are some other interesting series y'all have found? Share them.
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu
    Grunt

Male Posts : 164

Interesting Manga Empty Re: Interesting Manga

Post by Amaterasu Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Also Ratman. I forgot about it because it was didn't update the past couple of weeks, but man that is a good one too. It is about heros and a society where people can get super powers, and this one guy wants to be a super hero (he is short and weak) and ends up becoming a super villain. It has some funny parts in it too, but brings into question the whole idea of what is a hero and stuff like that.
    servant-of-venser
    servant-of-venser
    Civilian

Female Posts : 14

Post by servant-of-venser Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:58 am

Bloody Monday is good, though I've kinda stopped reading it.

Deadman Wonderland is an excellent manga, but I assume it's pretty mainstream and everyone knows about it. Still, it's pretty good.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:03 pm

For some reason I haven't heard a whole lot about Deadman Wonderland from too many other people, actually.
    servant-of-venser
    servant-of-venser
    Civilian

Female Posts : 14

Post by servant-of-venser Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:55 pm

Oh, well I just assume everyone knows about any manga I read because I'm not usually someone who finds random hipster underground manga.

But yeah, Deadman Wonderland is pretty darn good. It's fairly gory and a little twisted but it's got some cute moments and the usual story of the underdog and whatnot.
    It's about people who go to this prison called Deadman Wonderland and they play in crazy weird games for the public's amusement and they die within 3 days unless they win this magical candy stuff from the games. And then there are these special people called Deadmen who can manipulate their blood and they play in special games where they fight each other to the death. It's interesting.

I'm not very good at explaining stuff, hope that made sense.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Post by Bakura Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:56 pm

SammyTheBootlegger wrote:For some reason I haven't heard a whole lot about Deadman Wonderland from too many other people, actually.
    I've heard about it from a few people, mostly on here. However, from what I've read about it, it's certainly not my cup of tea.

Diabolo was an interesting manga.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:37 am

It made perfect sense ^^ That could be because I saw the anime. I just had no idea it was a manga as well.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Post by Bakura Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:43 am

SammyTheBootlegger wrote:
    It made perfect sense ^^ That could be because I saw the anime. I just had no idea it was a manga as well.
    Uh... what?
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Sorry, that was for the post above yours.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:07 pm