Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

5 posters

WOTNOPOLIS: 29

quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

WOTNOPOLIS: 29 Empty WOTNOPOLIS: 29

Post by quater Sun May 22, 2011 11:21 pm

WOTNOPOLIS 29
    The blue light of the TV screen flickered in the dark bunker. Endless Nothing concentrated on the images flashing across the box. He couldn’t believe how helpless he truly was in this situation. As mayor of WOTNOPOLIS he’d hoped that he’d be more informed on what was going on. But like the citizens of WOTNOPOLIS, those who could safely view the broadcast, he was viewing the report for the first time. If an aide hadn’t rushed in moments ago and told them to turn the TV on they’d have missed it completely.
    “Hello, WOTNOPOLIS,” Jose smiled into the camera. “Enjoying the view?”
    The screen shook violently before the entire city of WOTNOPOLIS was revealed before them. Smoke rose in clouds all over the city and several buildings were completely crumbled. The sound of rockets being fired droned on in the background. Explosions could be seen happening across the city.
    “And back on me,” Jose looked into the camera. “Your city is burning. So sad.”
    The camera shook and Draco’s image flashed across the screen. “And what does the mayor send at us?” Jose asked into the camera.
    Endless felt his heart skip a beat as he realized what he was about to be shown. “Heartless,” he whispered as his fist shook with rage.
    A roaring sound drowned Jose out as he spoke into the camera. Draco‘s hand could be seen motioning toward something in the distance. Seconds later the camera‘s focus rested on a ball of fire hanging above the sky as bits of it fell onto the city. “Wow, pretty plane,” Jose said. “Goes bye-bye.”
    Draco rolled his eyes as he walked out of the view of the camera. Jose focused on the camera and his smile grew wider. “Please feel free to send more planes, Mayor. They’re oh so tough! Scary. And tanks. I had a lot of fun destroying those. I even took one for a joyride.”
    “Give me that,” the scene jumbled for a few seconds as the camera switched hands.
    “No I wanted to,” Jose could be heard whining.
    Draco looked into the camera. “To the citizens of WOTNOPOLIS we wish you luck surviving the next twenty-four hours. If you do you may get to enjoy life in the newly built TFK Empire that will be created on the ashes of WOTNOPOLIS. To those in charge, specifically the mayor, you have three hours to respond with a public announcement that you are handing the city over to TFK. You will call off your futile attacks. All police personnel are under TFK’s command. If you refuse to surrender then the twenty four attack will turn into a week long siege. Be smart, Endless. Save some lives before its too late.”
    “Draco, don‘t say that! I enjoy killing them!” Jose screamed.
    “You have three hours.”
    The two of them left footprints in the thick layer of ash that covered the city. They followed the glow of fires as the sun had been blotted out by the smoke from the fires. “This is slower going than I expected,” Bano said softly to Clair.
    Clair nodded. The closer the couple came to reaching TFK’s Tower the heavier the darkness had descended upon them. What surprised Clair was the surprising lack of people in the area. TFK’s Tower was located in the heart of the city and yet there were few people around.
    “This is really creepy,” Clair whispered to Bano as she watched a person collapse onto the ground. Blood was pouring out of open wounds and she quickly moved to heal them. “Why is it like this over here?”
    The man looked at her and put a finger to his mouth to indicate she needed to be quiet. His eyes focused intently on Clair’s for a moment. “Him,” the man said before pointing at TFK’s Tower. “I was running towards my car when he first showed up.”
    “Who?” Bano asked the man. He began to shake and Bano grabbed him by the shoulders. “Tell us who you’re afraid of.”
    “He just shows up out of nowhere. Whenever a crowd forms or anything that can draw attention happens and then he’s there. And he kills everyone,” the man closed his eyes. “Its TFK’s guy. Jose. He’s patrolling the streets close to TFK’s Tower. And he’s killing anyone that he can.”
    The man got back to his feet. His eyes roamed the street before he looked at Clair. “Thank you for healing me. I have to go now,” he said as he ran down the street.
    “You’re welcome,” Clair said to the man’s back. “Great. We’re trying to find people. We don’t know where they are and we can’t draw attention to ourselves to find them.”
    Bano smiled at Clair. It was not often he’d hear her complain about their situation. “Yeah, that would be the gist of it. But if we can’t find them then we’ll meet up with the others anyway. Not a big deal.”
    The two were both staring at the same thing but neither were sure what they were looking at. A small trash can was slowly moving up and down in front of them. “Um,” Clair said as she pointed at the trash can.
    “Yeah,” Bano whispered. “I’m watching it, too.”
    The trash can began to float higher into the air. They watched it mesmerized before it fell to the ground. Standing next to where it had fallen was a man who smiled at them. “Wow, it’s been a while. I’ve been using that trick to get people’s attention. But I didn’t expect to run into you guys.”
    Clair and Bano couldn’t make the figure out in the dark. He stepped closer to them and they both smiled. “Jz. Just the guy we were looking for,” Bano said.
    “Don’t come in!” Temari shouted as the doorknob to the bar began to jiggle. Cherry Coke shivered in the back as the sounds of the rockets echoed inside the bar.
    “You’re useless,” Temari whispered as she pulled out a kitchen knife. “I guess its up to me. The strong and courageous Temari.”
    Temari held the knife out and pointed it toward the door. “Bring it on,” she whispered.
    The door to the bar flew open. “Who locks the door? You won’t get customers that way,” Yoyo grumbled.
    “Oh thank goodness!” Temari screamed as she dropped the knife. “I was really worried.”
    “Understandable,” Yoyo said as she tried not to laugh at Temari’s stance. SG and Knssquad followed Yoyo into the bar.
    “Nice place you have here,” KKQ said to Knssquad as she walked in behind them. “I really like the tables.”
    “Yeah,” Knssquad said. “They’re good tables. Sometimes we sleep on them.”
    “Well, that sounds uncomfortable, actually,” KKQ pointed out.
    “I’m just glad the bar isn’t on fire like the rest of the city,” Yoyo said as Knssquad gathered her weapons.
    “Ah, that won’t happen,” Temari laughed.
    “Why not?” Yoyo eyed her curiously.
    “Well, stuff kept happening to my bar and you guys are always getting in trouble with scary fellows. So, after the military invaded and cops were showing up at our door every morning I had the bar renovated so that its got a solid titanium shell built into the walls,” Temari explained.
    “How did we not notice that?” Knssquad asked as she scratched the wall.
    “A titanium shell and yet I was able to jiggle the door open. Very safe,” Yoyo whispered.
    “Then I guess you guys will be safe,” Knssquad said as she pushed SG over to Temari. “Stay here.”
    “Alright, guys. Be careful, yay,” SG said to them. “Thanks for keeping me safe. I got lots of good material for my story.”
    Yoyo sat her purple bear down in a chair. “Yeah, and in that story get rid of some of Q’s stupidity. We’re trying to look cool to WOTNOPOLIS not lame.”
    SG nodded. “Of course, yay.”
    “Bye Temari!” Knssquad smiled as she stepped out the door. The lights inside the bar went out.
    “What was that?” Yoyo asked.
    Knssquad looked up and down the street for a moment. “I don’t know but its very dark.”
    “The power went out,” Yoyo said. “Just great. I love looking for people in a gigantic city. While its under attack. In the dark.”
    “Do you know where you’re going,” Little Shiro asked Q. They had been crisscrossing dark streets for a while.
    “Of course,” Q said.
    “Then why did we pass that old doughnut shop three times now?” Little Shiro pointed out.
    “Well, usually when I start my day I go and get a doughnut. And I didn’t get one today. And I think that’s why today turned out so bad. So I am hoping that it will open up and I can get my doughnut and today will go back to being good,” Q explained.
    “What the heck are you talking about? We don’t have that much time before we have to meet up with the others at TFK’s Tower. Idiot! You’re an idiot!” Little Shiro yelled.
    “Pfft,” Q disagreed. “I’m a genius watching the strings of fate combine. If you were-”
    “Yo, Q, is this long and confusing speech you’re about to start on actually going to help us here?”
    “Probably not.”
    “Then let’s just skip that part,” Little Shiro said.
    “Ah, fine. But this one was good,” Q grumbled. “Let’s go over there. Destiny approves those that go that way. And then after we reach there like a bird we will soar in a westward direction. The direction of human will that encourages justice. And then-”
    “Q?”
    “Yes, Shiro?”
    “Stop trying to work your speech into the directions.”
    “Fine.”
    “In fact, Q?”
    “Yeah?”
    “Let’s just have a little quiet time and enjoy the sounds of WOTNOPOLIS falling apart.”
    “It is pretty isn’t it?”
    “Who are all these people?” Bano asked as he looked around the room Jz had lead them to. The room was packed with men and women holding weapons.
    “Gangs from around WOTNOPOLIS,” Zergio answered. He stepped toward Bano and smiled. “Glad to see you guys are still safe. We heard about your battles against Shugo and Venomu. You guys are quite legendary.”
    “Thanks,” Bano said. “So I take it you guys are in?”
    “A chance to fight TFK with the Eagle gang? Absolutely!” Jz said. “We’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this.”
    “Especially now that he’s attacked WOTNOPOLIS. Our home,” Zergio agreed. “You can count on us.”
    Bano smiled. “Great. We may have a chance in this, then.”
    “And we’ll stop TFK,” Zergio said as he pulled his guns out. “I know I already said that I was making the point more dramatic!”
    Zergio waved his guns in the air as he shouted at himself. “So he’s still doing that thing where he talks to different voices?”
    “Yeah,” Jz sighed. “He is.”
    “Are you sure its safe for him to have guns?” Clair watched as he swung the guns around.
    “I’m not really sure,” Jz smiled awkwardly. “I’m a little bit afraid of trying to take them away.”
    “It’s really dark. Like, really dark,” Knssquad repeated.
    “I know, you’ve already pointed that out to me many times,” Yoyo snapped.
    “You could use your lightning sword to brighten things up?” Knssquad asked.
    “You think I should use a very powerful lightning weapon- that is temperamental to control- to light our way?” Yoyo asked as they moved down the dark street.
    “When you say it like that my idea seems like a bad one,” she pondered.
    “Logic can do that, huh?” Yoyo asked.
    “Logic’s a pain,” KKQ added. “So girls, where to first?”
    “To find Death and Dei,” Yoyo said.
    “You don’t want to go shopping or see a movie or something?” KKQ asked. “I thought this was a girl’s night?”
    “I wouldn’t want to do those things even if the city wasn’t on fire,” Yoyo said.
    “She’s kind of a downer, Knssquad. How’d you end up with this one?” KKQ asked.
    “She’s my student. She has a long ways to go before she’ll make it there. Titan thinks I need to try using positive reinforcement,” Knssquad whispered back.
    “I can hear you two, you know,” Yoyo snapped.
    “Good job. We’re proud of you for hearing us!” Knssquad cheered her on.
    “Oh screw you,” Yoyo answered.
    “I think its working,” KKQ smiled.
    “We’re here,” Yoyo rolled her eyes.
    The group stared at the small building. WOTNOPOLIS was in the distance behind them. “Well,” Knssquad stated. “This is a freaking awesome hideout.”
    KKQ nodded as she stared at the ice cream cone on top of the building. “I’m not a gangster. But if I was one I’d want to hide out in an ice cream store.”
    Yoyo knocked the front door a few times. “How polite of you, Yoyo. You’re doing a great job,” Knssquad complimented.
    “That’s really starting to tick me off,” Yoyo whispered. “Maybe I will try the lightning sword real quick.”
    “That’s a good idea, Yoyo. But next time do it before we get there,” Knssquad patted Yoyo on the shoulder.
    “You can come in,” Yoyo heard a voice yell from inside as she pulled her fist out of Knssquad‘s stomach. They opened the door and saw the small gang spread out across the store.
    “Hey, Death and Dei,” Yoyo smiled to the two women standing against the wall. Both looked at Yoyo and nodded simultaneously.
    “Been a long time,” Death said as she patted the blade on her back.
    “What brings you here?” Dei asked.
    “With a cop?” Death added and focused on KKQ.
    “She’s cool,” Yoyo quickly put her hands up. “You can trust her. She just wants the same thing we all want. To put an end to TFK’s attack on WOTNOPOLIS. And we came here hoping you guys would help us out.”
    Death’s eyes didn’t depart from KKQ. “You want us to risk going up against the boss of WOTNOPOLIS who is right now demolishing the city?” Death asked.
    “A mission that if we fail will definitely mean our deaths,” Dei added.
    “That’s the basics of it, yeah,” Yoyo agreed.
    “What’s in it for me?” Death asked.
    “Why would we want to do this?” Dei asked.
    “Stop that,” Knssquad sat down and put her hands to her head. “This whole doubling up on your questions and answers thing. Just stop it. Its annoying. No one likes double speak.”
    Death and Dei glared at Knssquad. “Because if you don’t help us then WOTNOPOLIS will surely be crushed. And if that happens then you guys won’t last long out here anyway,” Yoyo added as she kicked Knssquad in the back of the head.
    KKQ watched as each gang member sat up straighter upon hearing this. “You really think we’re in trouble?” Death asked.
    “Well yeah,” Yoyo said as she gripped the hilts of her swords strapped to her back. “Because if you don’t join us and we survive I’ll come back here and kick your butts for leaving me out to dry like this.”
    “Very persuasive,” Knssquad said. “You’re doing great, Yoyo.”
    “Oh, shut it,” Yoyo hissed.
    Both Dei and Death laughed at Yoyo’s proclamation. Their attention focused on the swords. “I see you have the blade of light,” Dei said.
    “And of darkness,” Death added. “Very impressive blades. The wielders were Destinykil and Darnas. We’ve crossed them before. They’re both unbelievably strong with a sword.”
    “Takin-” Dei began.
    “I said to stop double speaking us,” Knssquad grumbled.
    “That’s not what double speak is,” KKQ whispered.
    “Really? It feels like it,” Knssquad groaned and laid down on the ground. “So annoying.”
    “Fine,” Dei answered. “Anyone who wields those two swords can‘t be a complete fool. We‘ll join you, for now.”
    “Good,” Yoyo said as she kicked Knssquad to her feet. “Now we have to run. We need to meet Bano and we have only two hours left.”
    “I, Endless Nothing,” he began his speech to the cameras. He knew that with the power off in the majority of the city it wouldn’t matter if a camera crew was there or not. “Am surrendering the city to TFK. I will no longer press Military attacks against TFK’s Tower and will no longer allow any of the policemen of WOTNOPOLIS to fight against the Mafia. Any who do so will be violating orders and will be held accountable. In fact, I am giving the leadership of the police and Military over to TFK.”
    “Furthermore, I am stepping down as mayor of WOTNOPOLIS. And am instituting TFK as the new leader of the city. Good night,” Endless Nothing said to the camera.
    He sat down and stared at the ground. For the first time in years he didn’t have anywhere to rush off to. He had nowhere to go. He had nothing left to aim for. He couldn‘t even be sure how safe their current location was.
    “What do we do now?” an aide asked Endless.
    Endless Nothing looked at him for a moment. “Nothing. We’ve lost the city.”
    Bano‘s group had sat in the cramped room for a while. The lights still worked in the room as Venomu‘s emergency power facilities were still operating safely. It was past time for the others to meet up with them. “Where are they?” Jz asked.
    “I don’t know,” Bano answered. “They were supposed to meet us here.”
    “Do you think they got hurt?” Zergio asked.
    “Probably. But they’d still be here,” Bano said.
    “Do you think they got lost?” Zergio asked.
    “This is really important,” Jz interrupted. “Surely they’d take this seriously.”
    “Um, well,” Bano stuttered. He couldn’t be sure that Q wasn’t doing something idiotic. “I am pretty sure that they are being detained for normal and totally realistic reasons.”
    “Give them credit,” Clair said. “Death and Dei live out near the Rural district. That’s quite a run.”
    “And Q’s picking up someone really annoying,” Bano sighed. “So it’d be only natural that he’d be late.”
    The door to the room opened. “Sorry we’re late,” Yoyo said.
    “Is the bar safe?” Clair asked Yoyo.
    “Yeah, everything’s fine there,” Yoyo answered. “Did you know Temari steel plated the bar because we’re so troublesome?”
    “Makes sense. I hope our board game didn’t get messed up,” Clair answered.
    “Q isn’t with you guys?” Bano asked.
    “Naw,” Yoyo shrugged. “We figured he’d be here by now.”
    “Of course,” Bano sighed. “That idiot is really late.”
    “Should we wait for him?” Knssquad asked.
    “We could end up waiting a really long time if we did,” Bano sighed.
    “Do you still have your radios?” Bano asked.
    “Mhm,” KKQ said as she took her walkie-talkie off her belt.
    “Tell Shiro we’re going to go ahead and start the attack on TFK’s Tower. They can catch up with us,” Bano said.
    He walked over to the doorway Shiro had marked and opened it. It slid open and revealed a long dusty hallway. Small lights could be seen near the base of the floor. “Oiy,” Bano said as he looked back at the large group of people. “We’re about to charge into TFK’s Tower. Right now he’s attacking the city. Um. I think I am supposed to give a speech or something at this point.”
    “This should be good,” Yoyo bit her lip as she tried to hold back her laughter.
    “So,” Bano said as he looked back at everyone. “I know we haven’t known each other long. Or, I haven’t even met some of you. But we all want to out TFK, right? And he’s kind of a bad guy. So, let’s kick some butt. Um. The city depends on us. It depends on you. And it depends on everyone else, too. So let’s all do our best. And kill some TFK. Haha. Um.”
    Yoyo’s laughter was all that could be heard as everyone silently stared at Bano. “And um, fate. Today is a day of fate. We should all remember it was fate that brought us together?” Bano stuttered. Everyone continued to stare at him as he talked.
    “I don’t get it. Is he having a stroke?” KKQ asked.
    Knssquad sighed and pushed Bano aside. “Attack!” she yelled as loud as she
    could as she charged down the hallway.
    “Attack!” The group cheered as it charged behind Knssquad.
    “Really nice try there,” Clair said as she patted Bano on the back.
    “I’m not sure what’s worse. Bano’s speech or the fact that Knssquad is leading a screaming bunch into a tower we were trying to sneak into,” Yoyo smiled. Her sides hurt from laughing so hard.
    “Bano’s speech was much worse,” KKQ said to Yoyo. “I think I felt my soul die a little.”
    “I should of just yelled attack,” Bano shook his head. “Today sucks.”
    “I’m not sure I’ve ever been over here,” Shiro said.
    “You’ve never been to the old abandoned airport?” Q asked. “Yeah, me neither.”
    “It’s just so out of the way,” Shiro explained.
    “Right? And its just not somewhere I need to go. I mean, if I need to fly somewhere I’ll just go to the real and operating airport,” Q explained.
    “I didn’t even know this city had an abandoned airport,” Shiro said.
    “You didn’t? I think the Military used to run it,” Q said. “How did you not know that?”
    “Ah, well I don’t go outside my district much. Too much work, you know?”
    “Boy you’re awful at your job. But then again if you weren’t I’d probably be in jail, haha.”
    “True that,” Shiro laughed. Both continued down the decaying runway as the awkwardness of the conversation hit them.
    “Let’s not tell the others we’re becoming friends, please,” Q broke the silence.
    “Definitely not. I’d be mortified,” Shiro said.
    “Likewise. But hey, why would you be mortified? I’d make an excellent friend.”
    “Sure ya would. Sure ya would.”
    “Jerk. You’d be lucky to have me as a friend. Now you on the other hand. Who’d want you?”
    “Screw you. I’d make an excellent friend. Gangster trash like you on the other hand would be an embarrassment to bring home to my family.”
    “Family? What are we, lovers? No. We’re not lovers. We’re not even friends!”
    “Agreed. You’re not my friend.”
    “Hey!” a voice shouted from a nearby hangar. “Big brother. What brings you out here?”
    A rocket smashed into a building nearby. “What do you think?” Q yelled.
    “Interesting weather we’ve been having, huh?” Dark Raptor shouted.
    “Wow, you’re brother’s even slower than you are,” Shiro said.
    Dark Raptor kicked the hangar doors open. Several people inside smiled at Q and Shiro. “Yo, this is my gang,” Dark Raptor said as he gave Q a thumbs up.
    “Over there is Toshii, Thicup, PeinQ, and um, a bunch of other people,” Dark Raptor laughed. “We’re the Velociraptor gang!”
    “Oh! I’ve heard of you guys!” Shiro yelled.
    “Wait, really?” Dark Raptor said in surprise. Everyone cheered. “We’re famous!”
    “Wait, really?” Q asked. “They’re famous?”
    “Yeah, they’re an up and coming new gang,” Shiro shrugged.
    “Wait,” Q said as he pressed his fists into his temples. “Are you telling me my brother is competent?”
    “Apparently he is,” Shiro said.
    Dark Raptor smiled as he stepped forward. “So what do you think, Q? Not bad, right?”
    Q groaned as Dark Raptor nudged his elbow into his chest. “Something like that,” he answered.
    “Thanks for acknowledging me older brother. I appreciate the esteem you’ve put in me!”
    “I didn’t put anything in you, you creeper,” Q snapped. “So anyway. A bunch of us were about to charge TFK’s Tower and make him stop the whole rocket attack thing. It sounds like fun. Um, wanna come?”
    “Well that does sound like a party,” Dark Raptor laughed. The Velociraptor gang laughed hysterically at the joke and Dark Raptor looked back and winked at them.
    “What the heck are they doing?” Shiro asked.
    “No idea,” Q said.
    “But I can’t do that right now,” Dark Raptor smiled.
    “Why not? You’re just hanging out with a surprising amount of girls in a hangar while the city burns?” Q asked.
    “Your brother’s a player,” Shiro said.
    “The Shiro commentary part of this is over,” Q growled.
    “Sorry brother,” Raptor closed his eyes and pointed a blade at Q. “Haven’t I told you? The next time we met I was going to kill you. Well nice to meet you brother. Now time to die.”
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Male Posts : 9949

WOTNOPOLIS: 29 Empty Re: WOTNOPOLIS: 29

Post by Yoyo Sun May 22, 2011 11:43 pm

Oh shoot. O:
    neon kun
    neon kun
    First Lieutenant

Post by neon kun Mon May 23, 2011 2:48 am

WOW :O WOTNOPOLIS: 29 938342 I LOVERS IT!
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    Grunt

Female Posts : 105

Post by CLAIRVOYANTdisease Mon May 23, 2011 9:43 am

*needed to catch up* Awesome chapters, as always Q.
    Brinckmyster
    Brinckmyster
    Captain

Female Posts : 2009

Post by Brinckmyster Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:47 am

really? Dark Raptor picked a sucky time to do that. Can't Q just convince him to fight later?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:02 pm