Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

+2
Yoyo
Bakura
6 posters

Nogitsune's Anime and Manga List

Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Nogitsune's Anime and Manga List Empty Nogitsune's Anime and Manga List

Post by Bakura Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:29 pm

(This'll have to be edited... someday. X.x Some are repeated. Not to mention, I've been watching anime forever, I'm certain I'm off by about 20-50. X.x)

Just a quick list, I'll add more to it later as I remember them, or get onto new ones. I doubt I'd go into a full ranking system as Q did with rating them all, as there is very little anime I've seen that I regret watching, and considering a lot of them are rather nostalgic, I don't see me being able too. Been watching anime too long now to remember them all, so bare with me, I'm going through about 14 years + of memories here. lol

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    I don't like putting things in by order, so these anime are not going to be listed as say... number 1 being my favorite, and 10 being least favorite of the top 10, etc...

Top Recommended
    1. Great Teacher Onizuka - Presenting, Eikichi Onizuka. Former gang member turned... teacher? You heard it. Onizuka uses various techniques to become loved by his students. The first episode still makes me cry, especially at that one scene... Anyway, fair warning, this anime is perverted. Vulgar language, lots of smoking, very perverted, implied nudity (Nothing is seen, mind you), and so on. Despite all of this, I still recommend it highly for those who aren't put down by such things. However, I only put details on this, because it's not something everyone has seen.

2. Sailor Moon
    3. Yugioh
    4. Kare Kano; His and Her Circumstances - Another "Slice of Life" anime such as GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka). Nothing out of the ordinary, no super powers, no mecha, average run of the mill life, in anime form.
    5. Maria+Holic - That + is a cross, used in the title. It's very perverted, but I found it rather cute. There are quite a bit of scenes for fan-service, people having shirts taken off, for example (that even pops up in opening). If you can get past perverted scenes, I recommend it. 12 episodes long, and cute, but not for everyone... but the ending is highly disappointing.
    6. Paprika - Prepare to have your mind blown!
    7. Paranoia Agent - ^ Mind blown again!
    8. One Piece (For you doubters out there, I did enjoy what I saw of it, and my brothers randomly showing me episodes and spoiling it for me. X.x It does get better, I just don't have the ability to watch that many episodes.)
    9. Gundam - Save for the unforgivable ones.. (SD Gundam and any sequels should never have happened IMO...), all of them were quite emotional.
    10. Code Geass
    11. Chobits
    12. Cowboy Bebop
    13. S-Cry-Ed
    14. XXX Holic - Paired up with Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles. The events in these sort of coincide.
    15. FLCL
    16. Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
    17. La Corda D'oro - If you love music, especially classical, watch this anime!
    18. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    19. Gravitation - One of those anime I thought I wouldn't like, until I borrowed it. It was amazing <3
    20. Wolf's Rain
    21. Wagaya no Oinarisama
    22. Shounen Onmyouji
    23. My Sister Can't Be This Cute ( Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai )
    24. Macross Frontier - Description below!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Not gonna put anything as far as story or anything detailing the anime itself, just my opinion on it.

List contains movies without a series.

Any links provided will either be to the opening, or to an image.

And remember, before asking me anything on these, remember. I haven't finished all of these. Others, it's been so long since I've seen them, I don't remember what happens when so and so does whatever.

Kodomo no Jikan - My current obsession right now. To some, I'm sure it'd be considered odd, but, that's just me! The anime is about (as of season 1) a VERY perverted nine year old girl who falls in love with her teacher (he's 23 I believe as of season 1). The anime only has 12 episodes, but there's quite a few OVA's to watch. Now, here's the thing, to most of you, I really doubt many would like it. It's incredibly perverted. There's parts that are censored, and those run on so long for sentences, until you've got absolutely no clue what is going on. The anime is cute, the openings are too. The anime itself has been considered incredibly controversial. In fact, the English dub was cancelled for that very reason. To give an idea, Kodomo no Jikan was going to be titled, "Nymphet". While I enjoy this anime, I would have to say, I wouldn't recommend it simply because a lot of people would likely be offended, in fact, I'm positive someone would be offended simply knowing I've read / watched it. The manga is still going on, rather slowly though. It's not updated as fast as say... Bleach manga. In any case, manga is at chapter 70 so far.

Macross Frontier - Alright, as per request from a dear friend of mine, I have taken to watching this series. Maybe it's me being me, but I loved this series. More serious than funny, but it's not absent from humor in the least! There was a love triangle, and considering the last few I've seen, makes parts of this anime difficult, as most people are undoubtedly going to stick to one particular person and hate the other. In any case, one of the best features of this series is the music, and the amazing detail put into the mecha scenes. The music in particular was my favorite part. One song in particular on this series, almost the driving force to the whole anime, still brings me to tears whenever I hear it! However, unless you're a sucker for romance, a decent plot, and perhaps some serious moments, you prolly wouldn't enjoy it, as it's a main thing throughout the series.

Seitokan no Ichizon - I have no idea what this means translated, but in any case, the plot is rather simple. A perverted guy works his way into the student council. It's rather funny, and parodies a few anime. The first few episodes can see references from Haruhi Suzumiya, Death Note, and FMA. The ending was kind of ... disappointing, but to be expected, I suppose. It does have a few touching moments though, and that's what I wanted to see it for, so mission accomplished!

Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki ja Nai n da kara ne - Wow that's long. Supposedly, it's translated to, "I really don't love my brother!" This is a cute anime, but everyone is, again, quite perverted. I was looking up romance anime one night, and I came across this (as well as Seitokan no Ichizon and Kodomo no Jikan). Y'all know me, I'm a real sucker for romance. xP Anyway, obviously, this is about a girl who loves her brother. It's rather cute, I think. But like Seitokan, the ending disappointed me quite a bit. I was hoping for a bit more. However, I hear the manga is ongoing, but I haven't read it yet, don't know if I will or not anyway.

Dragonball Z - Do I really need to put anything for this? lol I will anyway. The first few arcs, I rather enjoyed. Once the Cell Saga was finished, I say it should have been over with. That Buu arc was disappointing, but that's just me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM0hunsIhPU
    Spoiler:

Dragonball - Much better than it's Z sequel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT1Dp69D7q0
    Spoiler:

Monster Rancher - An older anime, but I loved this growing up as a kid. I would sit home all day and just watch. I honestly think this could have been a precursor to anime such as Pokemon and Digimon. While some people may not appreciate it, it's certainly a classic! One of my recommended. First anime to ever make me cry! (Which happens often, >.>)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgVJHjwul90
    Spoiler:

Ronin Warriors - Another classic. I use to watch this growing up as a kid as well. It's got it's moments, it's more nostalgia for me, and perhaps something most people wouldn't be interested in seeing. But who doesn't like a power ranger set of ronin samurai?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0XrXoZ1Xpc
    Spoiler:

Sailor Moon - One of my most beloved anime of all time. Even to this day, I still admit proudly to have watching this. I haven't finished it yet, I'm a season behind because they didn't air the Starlights in the US, and the States just continued to cancel the airing. Granted, in time, I wish they changed some of the things they did. It's got it's really corny moments, there are times I watch this and think "Wait... was that line really needed?" Anyway, they're going to redub it soon I hear, I can't wait. It was heavily edited when it was released in the states. I watched it the very day it was aired on Cartoon Network. I have strong ties to this anime. Really helped when I was growing up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6_RZhh44NY
    Spoiler:

Yu-Gi-Oh! - Another favorite anime of mine. While I did enjoy the dub at first, the subbed was SO much better. Watching only the first few episodes of this show, do you realize just how heavily animated it was. It's horrible how much was removed, reworded, or edited out. From guns, to Yugi's mom. The music that was ripped from it is highly depressing what they replaced it with.
    GX counterpart - Meh, it's alright. I didn't watch the dub, went straight to sub out of boredom. Enjoyed it, but it only had one arc I liked.
    5D's - No.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huznqrrtaHU <<< Original Japanese opening for Season 1.
    Spoiler:

S-Cry-Ed - The name supposedly comes from the word scryed, which if you watch the show, keeping that in mind, it makes a lot of sense. This anime is certainly one of my favorites. 26 episodes long, more than enough for me. It's an incredible one, and certainly something I'd recommend if you don't mind all the fighting. Something about this anime really stirs something up in me, I can't quite put a finger on it, but I wish I had something in there. The opening song is known as Reckless Fire. The song is split up for this anime, which is rather interesting way of doing it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kjy2gROoAY
    Spoiler:

Cowboy Bebop - Bang! Another favorite of mine, a real classic as well. A blend of space travel and bounty hunters to jazz music, an incredibly well done mix. The soundtrack is amazing, I still listen to it whenever I get the chance. I still need to read the manga for this, but it's one of the best dubs out there.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zDfxZ4NcE
    Spoiler:

Trigun - I liked this anime, wasn't ecstatic over it until I watched it the second time through. Definitely worth it for me. Lots of gun action, tons of funny moments, and it certainly has it's serious side as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzHe4U5c5Oc
    Spoiler:

Lupin the Third - This anime is OLD! Seriously, it came out in '67. Not for everyone, and it rather does have it's moments. Lupin can be awful flirty, and Fujiko is the Mai Valentine of this series (you'll know what I mean if you watch YGOTAS). The anime can tend to be very perverted, very funny, and it does indeed have it's occasional serious moment. Thieves escaping the law, what could be better?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZJYxy2060c
    Spoiler:

Digimon - I LOVED this anime growing up, the first fourth season though, not so much.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpP93z0ridU
    Spoiler:

Pokemon - Another favorite of mine growing up. But these later seasons... just depress me. I stand by the thought that everything after Johto, shouldn't have happened. No Hoenn, no Sinnoh.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agY9axKRNaU
    Spoiler:

Code Geass - A great anime. Well thought out. Lelouche is one of my favorite characters of all time. His motivation and the extent to what he goes through to get it. That's not something you see characters willingly do all the time, especially in an anime this short. R3 should be coming out son, and I have high hopes. I do hope they aren't crushed however.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0btAyMESc0 << Season 1, but I still prefer season 5's opening most.
    Spoiler:

FLCL - Also known as Furi Kuri, is in essence, 6 episodes of win. From what I hear, Geneon had some people get bored, and they made something as a side project. Goofy anime, seriously. Well worth the laughs.
    Each episode has a different opening to go with each particular episode, so rather than the opening, here's the ending.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfsV6oZyFds
    Spoiler:

Axis Powers Hetalia - A hilarious interpretation of the world's history, and seeing as I like history, something like this should have happened sooner! Not well liked by people without a sense of humor on their own history. Personal comment, the English dub's voices were just... off. The accents sounded too forced to me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ8O1CPsjhg <<< favorite of the set of endings, but there's one for various countries, including America, Japan, Russia, etc...
    Spoiler:

Paranoia Agent - Interesting anime, I loved it! The very opening is insane! Honestly looking at that alone would make you think there is something horribly wrong with the characters in it. Every last one of them has something worth being crazy over (to them anyway). If you like out there anime, watch this!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U
    Spoiler:

Other anime, I'll add more details on them later!
    Boogiepop Phantom
    Gadguard
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Wolf's Rain
    Witch Hunter Robin
    Outlaw Star
    Yuu Yuu Hakushu
    Samurai Champloo
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Ghost in the Shell
    Fruits Basket
    Death Note
    Burst Angel
    Eatman
    Cardcaptor Sakura
    XXX Holic
    Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle
    Bleach
    Inu Yasha
    Hellsing
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Chobits
    X
    Kiddy Grade
    Big O
    Magic Knight Rayearth
    Fighting Foodons
    Tokyo Babylon (I like CLAMP, as you can tell >.>)
    Escaflowne
    .hack//Sign
    .hack//Legend of the Twilight
    D.N. Angel
    Excel Saga
    Elfen Lied
    Fushigi Yuugi
    Hikaru No Go
    3x3 Eyes
    Shadow Skill
    One Piece
    Kikaider
    Cyborg 009
    Zoids
    Kakurenbe
    Paprika
    Samurai Deeper Kyo
    Samurai 7
    Tenchi Muyo
    Vandread
    Naruto
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    Shaman King
    Prince of Tennis
    Dragonball GT
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Gundam Wing
    Gundam 08th MS Team
    Mobile Suit Gundam
    G Gundam
    Gundam Seed
    And about 5 - 10 more other Gundam series.
    Kare Kano
    Azumanga Daioh
    Read or Die
    Read or Dream
    Eureka Seven
    Akira
    Gravitation
    Abenobashi Shopping Arcade
    Tokyo Godfathers
    Trinity Blood
    Blood, the last vampire
    Crayon Shin Chan
    Blood+
    Gunslinger Girl
    Piano
    Perfect Blue
    Nazca
    Dai-Guard
    Martian Successor Nadesico
    Duel Masters
    Bobobo - bo Bo-bobo
    Zatch Bell
    Reboot
    Gigantor (didn't like this one... mostly for the nose)
    Robotech
    Hamtaro
    Reign (creeped me out some...)
    MAR
    La Corda D'oro Primo Passo <3
    Psychic Detective Yakumo
    Maria+Holic (That + is supposed to be a cross)
    Sekai'ichi Hatsukoi

And a million others... Now, to the manga. Unfortunately... I don't know them all. x.x

Angel Sanctuary (Saw the OVA too, but it was just a preview for the manga anyway, only like an episode or 2)
    Diabolo
    Vampire Hunter D
    Princess Ai
    Cross Epoch (Blending DBZ and One Piece, very funny.)
    Will have to ask a few people what they've lent me. >.>

Devilman - Intriguing manga, especially for the early 1970's. Roughly 1000 pages long, and certainly an ending I enjoy (a great one, but I'm certain I can see a ton of people disappointed, or even saddened by it). It portrays many things involving demons, but it offers a rather unique storyline compared to the general views of the Judeo-Christian and Islamic view of the Satan / Lucifer / Samael (whatever they're calling him now) vs God story. Granted, I've heard this one before, it may even be based on this or wherever the inspiration for Devilman came from, but it's certainly something interesting to read.

However, as a warning to any who wish to perhaps view it, it's filled with lots of graphic content. Nudity, violence, gore, etc... So if those make you squeamish, dun look into it. xD

Last edited by Bakura on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:15 am; edited 8 times in total
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Male Posts : 9949

Nogitsune's Anime and Manga List Empty Re: Nogitsune's Anime and Manga List

Post by Yoyo Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:35 pm

I think this anime list surpassed my manga list. @_@;;
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:04 am

X.x I'm not even done. I started anime when i was like... 5. lmao Prolly younger, actually, considering that I didn't know what anime was until I was about 15.
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Post by Yoyo Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:15 am

Wooooowww~
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:14 am

Like.. when I watched Monster Rancher or Fighting Foodons, they were just cartoons I watched on Saturday morning. lol
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Post by Yoyo Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:05 pm

My Saturday morning animes were YGO and Pokèmon. Sailor Moon was a weekday, wake-up-at-six-to-watch show. The rest were Toonami or internet.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Well, they used to air anime on Fox (good anime, mind you >.>). Aired in the morning, same with the WB, I think... All I remember is Channel 5 and Channel 8... so meh.
    KarateKeyaQ
    KarateKeyaQ
    Captain

Female Posts : 2113

Post by KarateKeyaQ Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:21 pm

S-cry-ed was sweet. I loved that.

Digimon was an anime?!

Wait, you're saying Dragonball was better than Dragonball Z? I must disagree.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

Post by quater Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:40 pm

WB had Yugioh?

Toonami was where the good stuff was.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:43 pm

I can't remember, lol.

Toonami had Sailor Moon, and Reboot, and Yuu Yuu Hakusho, and Rurouni Kenshin, and Tenchi Muyo, etc..... and Outlaw Star!

It's my opinion Keya. ^_^ And as far as DBZ went, I liked it up to a point. Soon as Gohan defeated Cell, I personally think it should have ended... But the Buu saga, not so fond of.

I still don't consider Dragonball GT a part of the saga though, seeing as it wasn't made by Akira Toriyama.
    KarateKeyaQ
    KarateKeyaQ
    Captain

Post by KarateKeyaQ Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Buu saga was kinda blah.
    But I liked it for Vegeta solely xD
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:47 pm

I believe I remember you saying that. O-o

I did like the Trunks vs Vegeta part.

"I didn't say I wouldn't hit you, did I?"
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:01 pm

DBZ talk...Hm!
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Post by Yoyo Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Karatekeyaq wrote:Buu saga was kinda blah.
    But I liked it for Vegeta solely xD
    Yes. Very yes.
    KarateKeyaQ
    KarateKeyaQ
    Captain

Post by KarateKeyaQ Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Nogitsune wrote:I believe I remember you saying that. O-o

I did like the Trunks vs Vegeta part.

"I didn't say I wouldn't hit you, did I?"
    LOVE<3
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:21 pm

Second half of video. ^_^
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Z6iiLZiOk
    KarateKeyaQ
    KarateKeyaQ
    Captain

Post by KarateKeyaQ Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:47 am

You're an angel!
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:46 pm

You're most certainly welcome. ^_^
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Just finished watching Wagaya no Oinarisama, I loved it. ^_^
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:24 am

Okay, so I'm kinda taking this idea from Q...

Anyway, 2011, so far I've only watched one anime in it's entirety, and that, my friends, is Wagaya no Oinarisama. The title loosely translating to "Our home's fox deity." I think it's particularly interesting to those who may enjoy reading into Shinto, as while it's not dedicated to the faith, it's still nice to see an anime with some things that take place on (in Shinto's case) the side of the Kami.

Anyway, the anime is short, and to those who can afford the time, is only 24 episodes long. The manga is only 10 chapters long, and takes place in 2 volumes. I'm quite likely going to read it... but with company coming over this weekend, me and her have already made arrangements to watch it in it's entirety this weekend. <3

So, any anime you all think I should add to my list. Let's try to make them short-ish. Until my time is my own again, I can't afford to watch an anime as lengthy as to be over about 50 episodes, give or take.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:13 pm

I have just finished Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl), season one. And I must say, that was spectacular! There's three seasons to it in all... but... I don't know if I'll be able to get into seasons two and three. The first one seemed to complete it perfectly. I loved the way it ended, personally, one of the best endings I've come across.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:51 pm

So, just finished watching Shounen Onmyouji, which, I could have swore was on my list, apparently not. X.x In any case, it's over with now!

It's a great view into various Onmyou-Shinto religion, as well as being a very good series. The series revolves around Abe no Masahiro, grandson to the great Abe no Seimei. Just like with Jigoku Shoujo, I adore the ending of this anime. Only 26 episodes long, no apparent second season that I can see. I think I enjoyed the ending to this even more so than to that of Jigoku Shoujo.

Recommended, to say the least.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:44 am

Well, I just finished watching watching Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai, or translated "My Little Sister CAn't Be This Cute".

And to be honest, it's a rather cute anime indeed! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ore_no_Im%C5%8Dto_ga_Konna_ni_Kawaii_Wake_ga_Nai

This anime got to me, but that's mainly due to the fact, that the main characters (Kyou and Kirino) actually remind me of a relationship I have with someone else.

Anyway, cute, and I liked it. But, I could be biased, as I'm a real sucker for anime featuring a brother and sister.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:14 pm

Alright! Updated this with three new anime! Kodomo no Jikan, Seitokai no Ichizon, and Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki ja Nai n da kara ne. Descriptions put up front.

Later, I'm going to reorganize my list. Some of the ways the others have been organized, I feel jealous. >.>

Anyway, other than that, I watched more Detective Conan. Currently it's at 610, that'll take a while to catch up on. I'm more inclined to finish this than One Piece, so to the OP fanatics, I'll get there eventually! But, the middle episodes have made me kind of... obsessed with a particular pairing!

Spoiler:
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:31 pm

You're jealous of me, aren't ya? Don't lie. Bwahaha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:37 pm