Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

+12
neon kun
Bakura
TheFirstKnight
KarateKeyaQ
SammyTheBootlegger
Shadow Raver
Kai
Ghost
Yoyo
Mikel
Destinykil
quater
16 posters

Q's Anime/Manga List

quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

Q's Anime/Manga List Empty Q's Anime/Manga List

Post by quater Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:44 am

[] ---------------------------------------------------------------- []
    ㄨㄨㄨI kind of wanted to make a Manga and Anime List. You know the ones on those websites? Well, this is mine, I guess. I just wanted to put it here because! I'm going to do my best to keep the series in order of when I saw them, but some of these were so long ago I really don't know the exact time. Also, these series are completed animes and mangas. Or ones I am up to date on. I want to see the series you've seen and ratings and stuff, so feel free to make your own threads too!

UPDATE 01/04/2011
    ㄨㄨㄨImportant additions to the Q ANIME AND MANGA LIST are below

ㄨㄨㄨ
    Q's Anime/Manga List 1387417
    Technically I count the first anime I watched as One Piece, though I did start watching Yugi-oh before. But I stopped after about 30 episodes, tired of it, and I never even knew what it was. I just thought it was a cartoon, like Xiaolin Showdown, and considering how unloyal to it I was, you can be the judge. If I had to rate it, it'd be an 8 at its best. (I know some people loved it, but I came in at a weird time and left at a weird time)

--1. One Piece----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Timeskip%2BOP

ㄨㄨㄨThe first Anime I watched, if you discount Teen Titans (which people do). It was dubbed when I first watched it. A huge difference, believe me. Without a doubt, this anime is the top of the line. All other Animes should wish to emulate it. It is 5/5 in my book. It is over 467 episodes. I've been caught up since episode 370 or so 2 years ago. One of the only series I ever rewatched. The only one I ever rewatched only subbed. It's really old, too. Been running since like, 1997, so it changes a lot from the early ones to now. But it's awesome and totally worth it. (2005)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Fall of 9th grade

--2. Naruto----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Naruto

ㄨㄨㄨOh Naruto. Naruto is a real disappointment, and the reason is because it started so well. The series was originally a really good one, in fact, my favorite when I first started watching Anime. Good art, about a 9 on story most of the time. It seemed like Naruto was forever, and I wasn't alone. But that was a ways ago. Shippuden brought about Naruto's end. I stand by that. The art enhanced, but the soundtrack died and the story went everywhere. Now it's not even worth the time to read it, yet I still do. But I don't watch it anymore. Stopped about half a year ago. Just can't anymore. Still, this was the first series I started watching online.

Edited as of 06/11: Naruto Shippuden started out terrible, but it has since made a bit of a comeback bringing it up to 7.5 stars. There's still so many things I could criticize about Naruto Shippuden and rightly so. Still, I think it's worth a watch, especially the later episodes, and though it's a drop from the original Naruto the later episodes and chapters have picked up incredibly and started to regain the potential of the series.(2005)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★☆ and falling
    ★★★★★★★★★ w/o Shippuden
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Fall of 9th grade

--3. Bleach----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Characters-in-Bleach_1024_768

ㄨㄨㄨYep, all three of the Big three Animes and Mangas were my first three watches. I remember watching Bleach and thinking it'd be bad, but it was actually pretty good. Bleach has the same fate as Naruto, being epic for a long time but slowly losing it's goodness. However it hasn't fallen near as hard as Naruto for me, and it still has redemptive chances left in it. The fact the series is based off the Bible helps, though the fact that the series had one battle last 2 and a half years for me did not. Oh well. It's still a classic and was an amazingly good series up until after Ichigo's fight with Grimmjaw in my opinion. (2006)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★ saved by earlier days
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Christmas of 9th grade

--4. Death Note----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List DeathNote03

ㄨㄨㄨDeathnote was the first series I finished, I think. Cause the aforementioned haven't ended. I feel like I may of started and stopped a few no good ones here and there, but Deathnote was the next one. I remember watching it as it first started coming out. A really great series, that got slow at parts, then picked up. I really liked the ending to it, even though a lot of the fans didn't. A worthy series in my opinion. But most people already know all about it. So I am not clueing them in here. (2007)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Fall of tenth grade

--5. Fullmetal Alchemist----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Full_metal_alchemist

ㄨㄨㄨI was totally in love with this series. I watched nearly the entire thing in a few weeks, and put school on hold for it. Big mistake, but it was the beginning of the year. I still love the soundtrack, and would argue it is possibly one of the best soundtracks of all time ever composed. However, the original is not comparable to Brotherhood on story. Originally it'd be an 8.5, but thanks to Brotherhood it's been realigned to a solid 6. (2007)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Fall of eleventh grade

--6. Avatar: The Last Airbender----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Avatar-the-last-airbender_480x270

ㄨㄨㄨMany people don't consider avatar the last Air bender an Anime, and are right in doing so. I do not really care, however. I like it and consider it such. Though I watched Avatar throughout the years it was one, I guess Eleventh grade was where I got into it, because that's when it finished so I had a full series to watch at that point. I did. It was good. I rewatched it again after that atrocious movie came out. Yikes. Seriously. (2007)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Eleventh grade is when it got real or so.

During the summer going into 12th grade I finished catching up in One Piece. This is very important because after catching up in One Piece my Anime watching sky rocketed.

--7. Get Backers----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Get%20Backers

ㄨㄨㄨTo this day I have no idea whatsoever what came over me to watch this series. It just happened, I think because One Piece went on Christmas break so I was without. Whatever happened, I watched it. Overall, not bad, though I was happy when I finally finished it. It had one really brilliant arc, and one really brilliant character. Otherwise, it was just so-so. One of the main character's names was Bano. I thought that was funny. Akabane was the most enjoyable part, but most people agree that he made the series. He walked around in an over coat, had a huge black hat, and was way too cool for words. He had knives that popped out of his hands and used them to fight. The best part in the series is when the Lightning King gives it all he has against this guy, the two of them fighting both at 100% was amazing. I made an avatar of it. Still, the rest of the series falls in comparison. (2009)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Christmas of my 12th grade year

--8. Soul Eater----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Soul_Eater_Wallpaper_by_RedSuzaku

ㄨㄨㄨAn amazing series! I picked it because of it's name, to be honest. Sounded neat. I was surprised to see how great it would end up being. I loved it. Death the Kid is one of the greatest characters. And the author combined expertly fun fighting with really good comedy and storyline. Dr. Stein, too. And Shinigami-sama and Maka's dad. Heck, there was a lot to love about this series. The anime quickly quit following the Manga, which I think hurt it, but other than that a great series. I still read the Manga when it comes out, though I never really caught up in it so I never know what's going on. My hope is they do with it what they did with Full Metal Alchemist. This series does not disappoint. (2009)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Spring of my 12th grade year

--9. Axis Powers Hetalia----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Aph___viva_hetalia_by_dreamertakako1

ㄨㄨㄨThis series is insane. Not to be taken seriously at all. It has some really funny historical satire and is a really entertaining series at times. I found myself laughing a lot. However, each episode is about five minutes long, and the second season was not nearly as good as the first, in my opinion. Many people say it is very yaoi, but I never caught any of it. Still, it was a lot of fun to watch. I started it and watched it sometime during my twelfth grade year, but when exactly is a bit of a mystery to me. (2009)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: End of Spring of 12th grade year, I think

At this point I also rewatched One Piece. I would afterward rewatch Bleach dubbed into the fall of my freshman year in college while doing homework because it was something to do.

--10. Bakuman----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Bakuman

ㄨㄨㄨAfter hearing about this series from Amaterasu, I started it. A great series. Truly love it. Still do. It's only a Manga, but an Anime should be out in a few weeks I think. Cannot wait. It was created by the authors of Deathnote. It is nothing like you'd expect, however it's still genius. Suspense is it's design and it keeps it going really well. I am happy I read it. I can't wait to see how it ends. I feel, sadly, that it is going to be meeting that fate soon. (2009)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Fall of Freshman year in college

--11. Psyren----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List 42650291

ㄨㄨㄨPsyren is really good, and gets no credit for it. In fact, it might be axed, sadly. It is arguably the potential to replace Bleach, but I don't think it will ever happen. Better put together storyline and a really interesting series, I think. Psyren is just fun and I like it. It starts out dark but gets slowly more bright and awesome! It's sadly only a Manga, and no Anime seems to be forthcoming. In fact, it may never happen. It's a shame this series didn't get more popular, and I'll never know why it didn't. But that is it's fate. (2009)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★☆
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Fall of Freshman year in college

--12. Samurai Champloo----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List 5blarge5d5banimepaper5dwallpapers_samurai-champloo_helix-designs1_6__thisres__53254

ㄨㄨㄨTechnically I started this series in my tenth grade year, I only got a short ways into it before stopping. No idea why I did that. I picked it up again middle of my Freshman year in College because I direly needed something to keep me going (For you see, there was no more One Piece during the Christmas break for 3 weeks). I liked it, and it's classic in Anime, well known. The intro is one of the best of all Anime intros, too. Still, it's older, and at times it felt like I was working to watch it. Overall, great, and Mugen and Jin are ingenius characters. But short. (2010)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Freshman year in college

--13. Code Geass: Lelouch of The Rebellion + R2----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Code-geass

ㄨㄨㄨWhat makes this series so excellent is it has all the intelligence of Deathnote, and all the suspense of a regular fighting series. It also has the soundtrack of a genius. And a very compelling storyline, because who doesn't love a good series about rebels taking on the man? And Lelouch is a fun character, and the mystery and intrigue of the nobility. It all plays to make a really excellent show. Both seasons of it. And the art and episodes are all masterfully done, so I even found myself quite enjoying the filler. The ending too, was perfect. Although if you know both series that I said had perfect endings well, you probably are wondering what is up with me. Good question. Anyway, only dislike is it could be very ecchi. (2010)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★★☆
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--14. Cage of Eden----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List 129510-eden1_000_large

ㄨㄨㄨThis series is based around the TV Show lost. But it goes more into the Ancient crazy Island theme, and is more interesting. Students fighting against ancient monsters. I like it. Anyway, it's a good series, although warning: Very very ecchi. That is the part I dislike about it most. That and it's still only an Anime. I'd like to see it reach Anime level someday. I think it'd be a fun one to watch and look out for. Still the art isn't the best and the storyline isn't just there yet. I feel like it's got a good start, but a ways to go. Still I always am excited when a new chapter is out because it is always a good read. (2010)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--15. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List FMA-Brotherhood-full-metal-alchemist-7982870-1024-768

ㄨㄨㄨThis series gets its own title because of how different both Animes really are. And this one is definitely superior on so many levels to the original. The only fault may be the soundtrack, and the fact that the Anime rushed to get the Manga in about 50 or so episodes. That I will admit was tough, but otherwise it's genius. And the rushing kept each episode packed with fighting, which was a fantastic bit. Although I started it when it first came out, I didn't get seriously really into it until about spring of Freshman year. Not sure why, the early episodes were so fast they were more than I expected and kind of pushed me off. Either way, I also read the original FMA manga, so I kept up there. Both finished near each other, which was cool. No doubt, one of the greatest Anime legends of all times. I'd love to see this author's next work. (2010)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★★☆
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--16. Lock-On----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Lock+On!+-+p01

ㄨㄨㄨI liked this little manga, but it got cancelled by Shounen Jump. Oh well, it was fun, and it got cancelled right when it was starting to get good! Though in one chapter it totally promoted pedophilia between a teacher and student, but in a semi-not so bad manner, but, naw. Other than that, it was alright. Clean too. I liked it. Bummed that it got replaced just when it was starting to get good. It was a romance series, though. So what can ya expect? (2010)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Spring, freshman year in college

--17. Fairy Tail----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Fairytail900tj4

ㄨㄨㄨSo far the Anime of this has been really fantastic. I hear the Manga has gone sour, but is starting to pick up. It's a ton like One Piece, from art to story. Still, I really like it. It's not as good, but it is still a real hit for me. The Anime is so funny and fun I love it to death. And the fighting can be pretty great. My only problem with it is at times it seems toned down. So it's more like a kid friendly spin off of One Piece. That takes away a lot of the hard core epic fighting. But for jokes it's hard to beat this one. And the story can be surprisingly gripping. The emotions of the characters are really great. The Manga has been less good, but just got better. (2010)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Summer, sophomore year in college

--18. Durarara!!!----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Durarara-01

ㄨㄨㄨReally good series. Amazing characters. Watch two episodes and you'll be addicted thanks to one. The characters are this show. The events that happen aren't all that interesting, just the characters. Sadly, the series isn't long enough, so the ending is kind of, mih to me. On the one hand the ending really fits the weird series, on the other it feels too short. We learn so much but we get so little in return. It's like as the series has just about naming this series the best of all time, it leaves before you get to say goodbye. Still a genius plot and a really good thrill at times. I really like it. Also Ama recommended. (2010)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--19. SWOT----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List SWOT

ㄨㄨㄨSWOT was just horrible. I read it. I hated it. Not a good series. Waste of time. I read it expecting the series that replaced Lock-On to be really good. It wasn't. Sorry. It had some okay ideas, but it just was stupid. And really really cliche Japan. A dangerous school full of gangs and a guy fighting them? Yeah, that's really cliche Japan, I'm sorry. And the main character really wasn't all that appealing. Actually, no one was. And to top it off the art was not all that. (2010)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--20. High School of the Dead----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List HotD_XLG_v1_color_bonus_04

ㄨㄨㄨThis series has just ended. To say this series is a little ecchi is like saying the atomic bomb was a bit painful. This series is ridiculous in the amount of perverted images it slushes at you. To the point I almost had to quit it. But it slowed down, thank goodness. Still, despite that, the story is actually pretty interesting for a Zombie thriller and it keeps you wondering what will happen next. I am really curious on how the series ends. Will they survive? I think it's a really good version of a Zombie series. Although not perfect and there is a lot that leaves me wondering about it. But I like it. Despite it being 13 episodes. Another season will start a year from now. It really tells the Zombie story differently, which I enjoy. (2010)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--21. Zombie Loan----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Watch-zombieloan-episodes-online-english-sub-thumbnailpic

ㄨㄨㄨThis series had all the elements it needed to be a really good story. However, it really wasn't. Flat, boring. I found myself forcing myself to watch it. If it weren't only 11 episodes I would of quit it early on. There were two ovas to it that would of finished it up better, but I didn't bother. It wasn't worth it. Some might like it. It has a lot of things some people might find desirous. But to me, and maybe my standards have just been really raised high, I was left not really impressed. The Name was what got me curious, and I can say it really didn't go as far as I hoped or expected. Still, it was somewhat interesting. And I found a few funny scenes. (2010)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Fall, sophomore year in college

--22. Hellsing----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Hellsing_ova_1_270_1024

ㄨㄨㄨHellsing is a classic, and throughout the years many people have told me how great it is. So I went in with really high expectations. They were not met. However, it was a really good series. The first 8 episodes were somewhat slow, but the last 5 were really quite fantastic. It's older, but it was pretty good. Really short though. Short is not a mark in an Anime's favor for me. But I liked it. Glad I watched it. It was definitely different for a Vampire series, but worth the watch. (2010)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--23. Gintama----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Sentai-Adds-Gintama,-Hidama

ㄨㄨㄨGintama is the funniest Anime I have ever seen. Possibly one of the funniest series I've ever seen. It easily compares with any sitcom, that's for sure. However, judging Gintama is incredibly difficult. Over 2/3's of the show is episodes that aren't connected to any kind of arcs or continuous story-lines. These episodic stories are usually centered around something funny, with the occasional deep storyline thrown in. Then there are several arcs which center around humor with some heart warming stuff thrown in. Then there are the melancholic arcs. These arcs usually start out hilarious but end on a very bittersweet note. Finally there are the serious Gintama story arcs where amazing battles take place and the true heart of the story lies. These are few and far between, but they are amazing whenever they come about. Regardless of which kind of story or episode you're on, the series is quite fantastic and enjoyable. The characters, a cast which is pretty immense, are all funny in their own ways and the writer manages to bring back characters over and over. To add, this series plays with the 4th wall so much it's practically another character in the series. All in all, though, when Gintama wants to be taken serious its as dramatic as any other series you'll find. And the rest of the time its fantastic for a laugh.

ㄨㄨㄨGintama is super enjoyable, and although its over 200 episodes and still growing, it's a fun show worth the time put in. It takes a while to get into the good stuff and arcs, but the ride is full of laughs and excitement. I highly recommend Gintama as one of my all time favorite series. 9.5 Stars for perfection in what it does. My only complaint about Gintama is its super long and takes a while to get into the good stuff. But the good stuff is so worth it you end up regretting when you catch up.
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★★☆
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--24. Kenichi: History's Strongest Disciple----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List History%27s.Strongest.Disciple.Kenichi.Wallpaper.298177

ㄨㄨㄨKenichi. I've been watching this show for what feels like forever, now. It's only 50 episodes, but due to weird time constraints, it took me a long time to finish this one. Anyway, I really enjoyed it. It was a fun series. Not as much an indepth series, but a really entertaining and enjoyable series nonetheless. Each episode can usually make you laugh pretty hard at the casts antics and there were some pretty notable personalities in this series (especially Niijima's). The villains were all cool, and even though this series started with the biggest cliche` of all time (A Japanese student gets bullied becomes stronger has a school yard fight) it actually came to be its own. Although similar to other big series like Bleach and Naruto, this show is completely one of a kind. The manga is still ongoing, but I don't really have any plans to read it. Not that I suspect it would be bad. Just that I like where the series ended in the Anime. It seems like a strong ending. From what I can tell, the Anime stayed true to the Manga storyline as well.

ㄨㄨㄨThe story could be occasionally kidd-ish and cheesy, so it wasn't perfect. But it was definitely one of the more enjoyable series I've seen in a while.
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--25. Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Ghostintheshellpreview

ㄨㄨㄨThis Anime I heard really great stuff about so expected a lot going in. I was not satisfied. It's characters were extremely unappealing. The series was filled with filler that was not interesting. And the main storyline, about the Laughing Man was very good. But it was so confusing at times (and not in a good way) that it was just lame. The Laughing Man plot was really good, and if it was just that 8 out of 10. But with lousy characters, a girl that apparently never wears clothes that covers herself, and a ton of filler that frankly was not that interesting, plus very limited action, this series gets a 6.5 out of 10 from me. I did not bother with the second season. I just didn't want to watch anymore of it. I found myself skipping fillers and just finishing it for the sake of finishing it.
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★☆
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--26. Baccano!----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List B800_600

ㄨㄨㄨThis series was wonderful! I was truly surprised that it was as good as it was. I started it at 6 at night and finished it around 5 in the morning. I then watched the Ovas the next day. I must say the Ovas weren't as amazing as the series itself. They introduced a character I didn't really like as the villain, but they did answer a few questions about the series itself which was nice. Anywho, but the main series was fantastic. It had the same writing and story style as Durarara!! but it was so good on it's own, too. I really enjoyed it. Some of the characters were unbelievably entertaining. Isaac and Miria mainly. But I was also a big fan of many of the others. The only drawback to this series is that it's a short 13 episodes. However, I really couldn't see it lasting much longer than it was, either. I think it ended perfectly coordinated. It's just sad because I enjoyed it so much! I wish I could write stories like this. Anyway, it was fun. Definitely what I needed to get over Ghost In The Shell.(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Winter of Sophmore year of College

--27. D.Gray-man----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Dgray-man

ㄨㄨㄨWell, I've had this one on my to watch list for quite a while! Since like, last October, at least. Maybe even longer. And I finally bit the bullet and went for it. I dreaded it, because this series was 103 episodes long. My goodness, that takes a while to watch. But I did after one week straight of watching it. Go me. Anywho, my first impression was not so good. Main character, confusingly sad plots, and the villain looked retarded. But by episode 20 I was crazy for this series. Although some fights were a little too long and stuff could get tenuous, overall, this series is AMAZING. Someone took FMA and mixed with Soul Eater and the combination was fantastic! The sad part is the Anime ends halfway through the Manga, which is still going strong, so we don't get to see it continue. I'm going to read the Manga, which I hear continues to get good as well. This series was really good, though. The characters are so freaking great, and the emotions this series manipulates is fantastic. It had epic sadness that was done not cheesily, but believably. The dark tones mixed with a main character who never gave up (and wasn't emo despite the fact he should be!) made it just so good. Kanda, Lavi, Krory, Lenalee, Komui, Millenium Earl, Allen, Cross, Timcampy, Reever, Bak, and so many others just made this series incredibly fun. Even though it was really long I'm glad I bit the bullet and finally watched it after putting off for months because it was enjoyable through and through. This series also marks the 4th longest series I've ever watched, and the first series I've watched over 100 episodes since One Piece 2/3 years ago. Even though I had a few complaints, to give this anything besides a 9.5 or 9 would be wrong, I was thoroughly hanging on the whole way. And I think the only reason I'd be upset would be because I haven't gotten to the Manga to find out what happens next or explains away problems. Very indepth series. Stuff in character's past you think really doesn't matter comes back to have a huge effect on the series.(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★★☆
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--27.5 Tower Of God----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Cover

ㄨㄨㄨI feel weird not adding this, and I've been reading it for a few months. But at the same time I feel weird adding it, too. It's just a Manga/Korean comic thing I've been reading. I'm making it 27.5 because even though I've been reading it, I don't really know that it should be big or official on my list, you know? Something about it doesn't come off that way to me. It was suggested to me by Sammy. I like it, overall. It's not amazing but I enjoy reading it and thinking about it. It's really nothing amazing, but it's good enough. The story's just about this guy trying to find this girl and being special. Frankly, the side characters make it interesting more than anything. Read it all in about, a day? But it was like, 15 chapters when I caught up. Anyway, a new chapter comes out and I read it then forget about it. So, it's just what it is. But I wanted to add it because it's something I'm reading and I try to keep this thing accurate as possible. And who knows? You might look into it and see that you really like it. It could also get better later on.(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--28. Cowboy Bebop----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List CowBoy+Bebop+manga

ㄨㄨㄨThis series was recommended to me 4 and a half years ago. I tried to start it 4 times. I finally dug in and committed to it. I'm glad I did. It was a pretty good series and I enjoyed it. I didn't like that the story seemed rather random and unconnected, though. Each episode was not really related to the first. And I thought some of the stories were fairly cliche. There's also the fact that each episode ended on an obnoxiously bittersweet note. It was good, but didn't leave you feeling good. However, those are just my own personal quirks. It was still really good. All the characters were pretty likeable in their own ways. And the story was funnest when all 4 of the main characters seemed to be working together or getting mixed up in some random hijink. I thought the ending for it had that same bittersweet note to it that every episode ended on, but all the same I liked it. A solid 8. It's not the first series I'd recommend to someone, and I'm really not sure why people are as obsessed over it as they are. But it was pretty good and I'm glad I watched it.(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--29. Beelzebub----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Beelzebub-Anime-Screenshot

ㄨㄨㄨIf you had given me 90 guesses as to my next Anime, this wouldn't of been in there. I read this manga about two years ago, or the first couple of chapters of it. I thought it was awful. I made the mistake of thinking this series was actually a serious serious. It's not. It's a comedy. And as a comedy it's actually really funny. I find myself laughing pretty hard at it. Every episode cracks me up. It's got stellar graphics and the series itself is interesting. The drawbacks is there is a baby that is constantly naked on screen. And there is a lot of vulgar baby humor that is not at all funny. There's also the fact this baby is Beezlebub, hence named because it's the destroyer of Earth? Still, these drawbacks don't take away from the fact that this show is hilarious and really enjoyable to watch. It's only 8 episodes long as I type this now but it's still going and I plan to continue it and add it to my staple of Anime. I'm glad I started this on a whim. Even though I expected it to be bad it actually turned out to be one of the funniest Animes I've seen in a while. Because I expect it to be a long running series (the manga is on chapter 98 and it's very popular) I am giving it an 8.5 for what I expect of it. We'll see how it goes. It's definitely a solid 8 for the humor if nothing else.

(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--30. Gurren Lagann----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Tengen+Toppa+Gurren+Lagann

ㄨㄨㄨA surprisingly good Mecha series. This series had a lot in common with Code Geass. In fact, the two started coming out around the same time. And like Code Geass, it was pretty good for a Mecha series. I dislike Mecha series, but this and Code Geass will remain the exceptions. The technical name for the series is Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagann. Some of the messages were kinda baloney and cheesy (even for Anime). But overall, despite its lighthearted and dramatic moments, it all came together to make a pretty fun series. One of the few drawbacks may be the art, which felt a lot older than the series was. Still, the art was great despite that. And the music keenly reminded me of Soul Eater's music, which came out the year after Gurren Lagann was made. Gurren Lagann takes a few episodes to quite literally 'dig into' but once you get into the heart of the series it's very enjoyable. It's weird, because it felt like the series was both slow and fast at the same time. I literally watched the bulk of it in two days. I guess after watching a bunch of really long series a short one like this one just feels like it blew by. Still, this was a really good series and I'm glad I stuck with it, despite my doubts early on. It may be goofy, but it packed a pretty good punch. 8 Stars.(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Summer of Sophmore year of College

--31. Eden Of The East----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Eden_of_the_east

ㄨㄨㄨThis Anime was really strange and really short. Only 11 episodes total. I started it last night because SammyTheBootlegger has been insisting I watch it for quite some time now and I must say I was hooked from the get go. It's a really odd Anime. But it's also pretty likeable. There were some things about it I didn't love but overall I think it was pretty good. It had a weird mix of mystery and slice of lice that made it stand out. On the one hand there was the overarching mystery of the main character who finds himself naked in Washington D.C is in some crazy conspiracy game involving a free license to use ten billion dollars thanks to his high tech phone. On the other hand, there is the simple actions between the main guy and the main girl and the things they do with each other. Although I'm not really one to look into slice of life or romance, I enjoyed it all the same. It was pretty good. Again, some stuff I didn't love (all the NEETs and some of the ideology about it is kinda loopy). But yeah. The art of it was really pretty, too. It had a similar look and feel to it as Durarara!! and like Durarara!! there's a ton of mysteries stocked inside the series that you don't know what's really going on until the end of it. Anyway, good show and glad I finally watched it.(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Summer of Sophmore year of College

--32. .Hack//Sign----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Hack_sign

ㄨㄨㄨI am giving this 5 stars, even though I am not sure if that's too high (or maybe too low) a rating for the series. I didn't generally like it. I forced myself to watch it in hopes of getting to the rest of the .Hack// franchise. The idea of a kid getting stuck in a computer game is neat. The execution was not very great in my opinion. Action was extremely sparse, the animation is in general pretty old, and the series itself had a creepy and dark undertone. Dark can be great; see D.Gray-Man. This one was more emotional. And what's worse, the main character was absolutely awful when it came to appeal. He had none. Now, this show had some strengths. There were some truly interesting moments, the music by Hocus Pocus was great overall (though repeated too often, one song in particular was played like every episode), and there were other quite likeable characters (Bear, the main chick, Grim, and the crazy kid/guy). And I did see it through, which means it wasn't completely bad. I saw this a month ago and am just now reviewing it. You can read though, I've been trying to watch it and get into it since January, and I struggled finishing this series. I started Sket Dance just to offset the down mood this was putting me in at times. I'm not big on sad-drama shows, though, so that could explain part of it.

I'm more interested in the future .Hack// franchise and will look into those. I do want to finish it, even if I don't love it. I'll be giving the longer Animes a proper number slot, but the ovas will get .5 a point, like Tower Of God (despite it being a full length Manga at this point).(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯
      Started: Summer of Junior year

(This list is continued on the post below)

Last edited by quater on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:50 am; edited 40 times in total (Reason for editing : To make this convenient)
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Q's Anime/Manga List Empty Re: Q's Anime/Manga List

Post by quater Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:45 am

--33. Stein's Gate----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List 16311-1261444899

ㄨㄨㄨThe most intriguing series I've seen in a while. This series is an in depth thinker. Along the lines of DRRR!!, Baccano!, Eden of the East, but in my opinion, a different kind of show. It's hard to describe this show, as its not as action oriented as the others are. Instead, this show plays mostly in the realm of intellect and in depth story. It revolves heavily on Sci-Fi, which usually would turn me off, but it does it very well. It's also based on Time Travel, something else that turns me off. But it's explained and put together very simply. The plot is accessible and easy to follow, yet filled with fun build-up, suspense, and "Aha!" moments where you figure out what's going on. What really makes Stein's Gate great, though, is the characters. You pretty much fall in love with all of them. And the entire series is based on the main character, Okabe (who calls himself Kyouma) interacting with the other characters. You see the other characters interacting with themselves here and there, but 90% of the series is driven by this guy. And he's great! I really love this series, and it was recommended to me by SSS. I am giving 8.5 Stars and if it keeps this up it'll probably be a 9 star show when it's over. To add: Something I don't usually comment a lot on, but the art is simply breathtaking at times, I think. Really pretty.(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★☆
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--34. Sket Dance----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List 17035-620x-Clipboard01

ㄨㄨㄨSket Dance is very much a kid's oriented show. It's been called Gintama Lite. The way I look at it is if you view Fairy Tail as the kid's version of One Piece, then this is the kid's version of Gintama. The artist who draws Sket Dance used to be an assistant for Gintama, after all. I like it, however, its not an all star series. Yet. I get the impression that as the plot goes and as things develop it gets better. For me right now, it's not quite there. But it's only 15 episodes in, and the Manga is around 150 chapters. The Anime has stuck to the Manga from what I can see. So if it continues to do this I can see it improving. It has improved greatly, too. From the earlier episodes its gotten more interesting and better. The actual story arc they had at the end of the first season was pretty good, too. A bit cliche` and obvious at points, but good no doubt. Gave me hope. The pace of this Anime and the way it's going gives me hope that they plan a long continuation with Sket Dance. The main characters have only had one run in with the "bad" guys (Who really aren't bad so much as stand in the main characters way) really. Which gives me the feeling they plan a longer course with this series. Um, at times it can almost be too kid-oriented (like Beelzebub does, too) but usually there's enough humor and overall plot to keep me from dying from the overuse of cliches. So let's see where it goes! Even though it's only 7.5 Stars now, I expect this to be an 8 star or 8.5 Star show when its finished. I've been told by Gintama lovers that Sket Dance gets very good later on in the Manga and series.(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★☆
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--35. Ao No Exorcist----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Ao_no_exorcist_gg_star_driver_ep17_advert1-533x300

ㄨㄨㄨThis series I had wanted to start for a while since I had heard good things about it. I was on a roll after finishing Stein's Gate and Sket Dance in two days so I went for it with Ao No Exorcist and wow, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I was kind of unsure but by the first or second episode I was crazy hooked. The thing is, the plot isn't exactly the most original plot ever used. In fact, the plot relies on a lot of Anime cliches. But in a good way! I am reminded of Niizuma Eiji when he yells (about Crow) "Cliche is good!" and yes, it can be when it combines elements you LIKE about Anime together exceptionally well. The plot with the main character being the son of Satan is a bit weird, but other than that bit it's really good. It has just enough suspense, action, humor, and just everything to make a great Shounen Anime. I've read people say that Ao No Exorcist is how Beelzebub should have been handled, and if that's true, Beelzebub could have been a really freaking great Anime. So this is definitely one of my new favorites and I hope it goes on for a while. It's not without its flaws. It does this annoying thing where it leaves important chunks of plot for AFTER the credits, which I absolutely hate. And there are some moments that so cliche it's obvious. It also already has two very filler-ish episodes and its only 13 episodes long so far. I suspect this is because the Anime is only up to 26 chapters (coming out one monthy) and it's trying to keep from hitting the Manga any sooner than it has to (which at this rate, will be pretty soon). It will most likely go the FMA original season/Soul Eater route of making up its own story after the Anime catches up with the Manga. Still, it's been pretty enjoyable thus far. So we'll see how it goes. Highly recommended. I suspect a possible 9 star series when this one is done. Great proof that there are still new and good Shounen Anime coming out.

Edit: After finishing it, the last few episodes of straight filler were only so-so. Still a great series that I really enjoyed but it didn't have the spectacular finish I was hoping for. Highly recommended, and I am sure the Manga of it is fantastic, so there's plenty of potential here. But yeah, it could have been better.(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--36. Black Lagoon----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Black_Lagoon_1

ㄨㄨㄨThis Anime was recommended to me by TFK. It's an older shoot em up series, similar to Cowboy Bebop and Hellsing. But done much better. I really enjoyed it. I wish there had been more of it! Ah. My only complaint might be that the final arc of the Anime was kind of unimpressive. However, that's small potatoes, really. Overall the series was really good and I enjoyed it the whole way through. The main character, Rock, was overall pretty likeable, though at times he kind of got on my nerves. But Revvy and Dutch, the two brutish shoot em ups, were great. The series focused on criminals fighting each other. Mr. Chang and Ballahalla were crazy. Anyway, older series, shorter series, but still pretty great. Really enjoyed it. Heck, couldn't stop watching it the past couple days. I just wish I could have enjoyed it longer. But anyway, this one is pretty highly recommended, I say. That's about it, I think. What's weird is I am pretty sure I started this series once before, but it didn't appeal to me. I think I started in a weird spot, or an OVA or something, because this was great.(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★☆
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--37. FLCL----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List 1235274339668

ㄨㄨㄨI watched FLCL, aka Fooly Cooly. I didn't like it. It was pretty pointless. The only reason I even stuck with it was because it was six episodes, so I knew it wouldn't take too long to finish. And I finished it. I'm not sure if its because its from 2000, so I wasn't "Awe'd by the artwork," but I didn't find any parts of it good. The jokes weren't funny to me. The art wasn't anything impressive. The story was nonexistent. It was just a bunch of random stuff happening... Yeah. Also, the entire series is a total allusion and big metaphor for a boy and sex and stuff... And, I don't know. Innuendos and sexual content can make me laugh. I mean, I'm a modest guy, but I totally can find this stuff funny. I mean, I watched Gintama... But, just, the entire series to rely on random allusions to it? Seems stupid. I don't know. I just didn't get it. And don't get why people love this series so much.. Sorry... Just kinda, mih. Anyway. Its done. Seen it. Don't have to watch it again. I read on a message board someone said that they watched it three times and started to get it, and they'd watch it many more times cause they could never get tired of it. I barely managed to sit through it once. I can't imagine three times to get the message, which was just this boy is thinking about sex from his old childish ways. Mih. Oh well. For something that is artistically acclaimed and talked about so often in the Anime community I expected better than an innuendo filled random fest that had no content whatsoever. (2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--38. Black Butler----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Black_butler_2_by_ScaredofMary

ㄨㄨㄨI really enjoyed Black Butler, also known as Kuroshitsuji. I only have seen the first season and I haven't yet read the Manga (But I intend to) so this review will only be on the first season. Anyway, this series is great. It's a bit of a slow starter. I won't lie, the main character Ciel didn't appeal to me much in the beginning. But that all changed as the plots grew thicker and the series got more into what it's about! It ended up being a pretty exciting, pretty great series that I watched as quickly as I could. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, and it felt very short. But, they did make a second season and the Manga is still going so that's probably why. I really liked it. It had a strong mix of dark plots and enjoyable light scenes. Plus it was put in historical 19th century England and liked to mix things into it (such as Jack The Ripper or the Fires of London) and the art was exquisite. I'm kind of a history nerd, so it was hard for me not to be like, "Woo!" But I also enjoyed the neat balance between 'magic' almost and normalcy. I don't know. It just felt like a well balanced fun series that had a dark overall theme but was presented rather enjoyably. The cast of characters are all very likeable and the overall plot got to be pretty good. There's really nothing to complain about except that it wasn't longer and that it started just a tad slowly. (2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★☆
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--39. .hack//Legend Of The Twilight----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Hack-dusk

ㄨㄨㄨ I was really happy when I finished this series, but mostly because I finished it. And I was a step closer to finishing the Dothack franchise, something I've been working on watching for over 7 months. This series was an incredible step up from Signs in my opinion, but it still lacked a lot. Where as Signs was incredibly melodramatic and intolerably depressing, Twilight borderlines on way too happy and childish. Nothing like its predecessor except that it was in the same universe and had similar plot elements. The tone of the series was drastically removed from Signs, with it ending on a cheesy speech, cliche enough only for kids programming. What's odd about this is it takes a pretty drastic note (people falling into comas) and acts as if it isn't that big of a deal, yet is. Hard to describe the way it does this. Furthermore, the main characters Rena and Shugo were put in very awkwardly romantic positions. Often the two (although using characters in the game so not actually them or their real bodies) were seen nearly kissing, acting as if they viewed each other as romantic partners, and some things I don't really care to sully my review by adding. Needless to say, it was creepy. But overall, an improvement in the .hack// series. The characters were more likeable, there was much more intrigue, and a lot of action was added to compensate for Signs which had barely any. If I was rating it on improvement I'd give it a few more stars as Twilight (Though it took a month to actually get into it) was much more fun to watch than Signs. But since I am rating it against all the other series I have seen, I can only give it 6 stars as it still only barely passes as a watchable and decent series. It's something I'd be very unlikely to recommend, and would do so if only for the fact they may need to see it for understanding the future Dothack world/series. (2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--40. .hack//Roots----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List _hack_roots_new_wall_by_emeraldlight7-d35oaqg

ㄨㄨㄨ Dothack Roots is hard to criticize accurately because there is both some good and some bad to it. The bad: the ending just leaves a bunch of questions and not many answers, which is very annoying. I read that the reason for this is because the video game basically answers the questions left off in the Anime. But this is frustrating for the Anime-only viewers, although I'd love to play the game. Further, the series introduces a bunch of characters in the beginning then meticulously tosses them out as they literally quit the series or are killed off and never seen again. The Anime repeated the same "tragic" scenes over and over to the point of disinterest in my part. The main character, Haseo, literally becomes a psycho and in many ways unlikable. And the plot at points comes off pretty slow. The Good: The art is amazing, the action is well paced. The series is much better than both of its predecessors. The story itself is intriguing. The characters are all very likable (with the exception of the main; a far improvement on earlier dothacks). The story itself mends together well and is both interesting, exciting, and at times leaves you, "What is going on?" and "What is going to happen next?" which is pretty impressive. The other Animes did not pull this off; at least on this level. So all in all, a pretty great venture. If they had actually finished it with a solid ending, I think the series would have gotten an 8 or an 8.5. Because it was pretty dang good overall. (2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★☆
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--41. Ergo Proxy----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Ergo-proxy2

ㄨㄨㄨThere were some pretty good things about Ergo Proxy, and some pretty mih things. For starters, the series starts out extremely gloomy. And its very dark throughout most of it. Even the lighting is very, very dark. That's not a bad thing, but I don't recommend trying to watch it all at once. The good stuff is that its very interesting, very pretty, and pretty enjoyable, overall. There's a lot of mystery and a lot of action running through it. Its kind of an apocalypse meets evil future. There's also killer robots! So plenty to enjoy. The only negatives is that the ending tried too hard to be overly thoughtful and artistic, I thought. They spent a lot of time ranting about creation and creators and it felt like they were trying to paint something meaningful about man and God, but it just came across forced. It also got confusing towards the end, although my concentration on it was somewhat limited. This, however, didn't take away from the final 5 minutes or so which made the ending worth it. Other than that, though, the series was pretty good throughout, except for a few really off beat moments. Um, it was enjoyable through and through, like I said, except for those moments it felt like it was trying too hard to paint an artistic message. So I think most will enjoy it, if they can stomach the very dark early episodes and the plethora of death that matched it. (2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--41.5 .hack//Liminality----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List 1298

ㄨㄨㄨTo prove how worthless this was, I can't really remember what it was about. I only watched it so that my dothack franchise would be complete. It was a 4 episode OVA, but for the life of me I really can't tell you what happened. People got stuck in a video game, they were searched for, etc. The same ole same ole of the series. It really was kind of sporadic, all over the place, and just strange. And old. This series was made around the same time as .hack//Sign and even used some of the Sign soundtracks. The art was just as pre-historic. But it wasn't very interesting. It was very much an appeal to Shoujo, as the main character screamed "love trouble." She was just a high school student figuring out who she liked, blahblahblah. Mysterious man trying to help her save her boyfriend after she had a traumatic experience inside "The World." But seriously, this was a waste. If it had been any longer than 4 episodes, I wouldn't have bothered. I watched it while playing a video game, basically as background noise. It didn't keep me interested even a bit. As I said, it was only watched so that when I finished the Dothack franchise I'd have completely finished it. But worst of all, it was just really boring.(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--41.5 .hack//Quantum----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Hack-quantum-01

ㄨㄨㄨAh! This was fantastic. This is what I was hoping for since day one of the Dothack franchise. An interesting show about people getting stuck in a video game. Now not perfect. There were some story holes, boring moments, etc. But man! Overall, just, a really great 3 episode OVA. I wish THIS had been turned into a full length Anime. I would totally watch THIS. This was fantastic. The art was beautiful (as it was made this year). The fights were great, and plentiful! The characters were all likeable and memorable. There was enough stuff from the previous series to enjoy it but the show wasn't just a rehash of old things, either. This was by far the best in the Dothack line up. I enjoyed it from beginning to end and watched it really quickly. If you're curious about watching a Dothack and want to see a bit of some of it done enjoyably, just pick it up! This did have a few ridiculous moments, where the world was ending via cat. But hey. That's what this show needed. To end its overly stoic seriousness and to just have some fun. And that didn't lessen the overall seriousness of it, either! There were some pretty dramatic moments, all in all. I really liked it. This one I'd even rewatch, you know, if I had the free time to. Anyway. A great way to end the Dothack franchise, that was overall pretty lackluster. Glad it had one or two gems in it (this and Roots, arguably). I hope whoever made this .hack// takes the helm of the series and focuses on more stuff from this one's perspective. It would not be a waste. (2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★☆
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--42. Toriko----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List TAEU_Series_Toriko

ㄨㄨㄨSo Toriko has been coming out for a while and I've pretty much put off looking into it, despite pretty great reviews from everyone (and a One Piece crossover, to boot). The crossover didn't really interest me a whole lot in Toriko, just made me slightly curious (and hungry). But I got a high recommendation from someone and wanted to try something light after Ergo Proxy. This series had a lot of things I usually don't enjoy: Overly muscled characters, Dragon Ball Z-style art, makes me hungry while I watch it, among others. But man. This series was a delight! Not only is it the second most manly series I've ever seen (to One Piece), but its also just really fun. The main character, Toriko, is rather intelligent despite his looks and has a real sense of honor. And despite their muscles, its actually fun watching them fight animals for food. Its definitely not for Vegans, as most of the show is spent hunting animals and eating them. But this series is great Shounen fun and I really enjoy it. One of my new favorites, for sure. 9 Stars and all that. I don't know what about it is so freaking enjoyable, but I can't get enough Toriko! I can see why the guy who recommended it to me said this will replace Bleach. I certainly hope so.(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--43. Darker Than Black----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List Main-cast

ㄨㄨㄨThis was another Anime highly suggested to me by SSS for a while now. I started it years ago but gave up on it ten minutes into the first episode for not much of a reason. Big mistake, as after that first 10 minutes the series gets really good. This Anime is a new favorite. It is really good. Heck, I even watdched an Ova of it, something I never do. The characters are all very likeable and it has some amazing villains. The concept itself is mysterious and intriguing. Its about people who gain inhuman powers but they come with a price that must be paid. But these powers also come with them losing their humanside, becoming emotionless to the point of seeing only the course that is rational. However, this isn't exactly the case as there seem to be exceptions. Also, a giant gate of evil has opened up in the middle of Japan and going inside is not really an option. The series ends with a great battle between super powered people and soldiers. Along the way is just a lot of intense fighting, blood, and action. It was a really good series and I may try to watch Season 2 as well. I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it. Not really a lot to say considering I watched it non-stop for the 2 and a half days or so I had it. There are some great powers, great characters, and great stories. So if you're looking for an Anime to watch this is definitely one to watch!(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--44. No. 6----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List No6-sentai

ㄨㄨㄨ This Anime, I really don't know about. The story itself seems somewhat interesting. A city that is basically super under control and strict government big-brother style is being infected by killer bee's. After being framed the main character escapes a correction facility by a young guy's life he saved years ago and now lives in the slums. He realizes the bee infection is going to ravage the city soon and he wants to save the people inside while his friend wants to see the city destroyed. The problem: This Anime spends most of its time focusing on the guy-love between these two main characters and not the actual story and action. The plot progresses very slowly while time spent with the main characters olding hands, dancing, blahblahblah is priority. Further, I didn't even realize this extreme guy-love till 4 episodes in. But once you notice it, it basically infects everything in the story. This Anime is a Yaoi fangirl's dreams, as the two main characters are quite fangirlable, especially if you're into that. But for everyone else, its groaningly slow and obnoxious. The plot takes second place to slow scenes showing off the main character's quite boring lives. And for the dangerous slums, they're really not all that formidable, since the main character has gotten along quite fine there, it seems. Along with little kids who seem to live their life in relative peace. I don't know, after all the other Animes I've seen with really desperate situations, this one seems rather tame and mild in comparison. The annoying thing is I actually feel like the plot has some potential, its just being masked by the other parts of the series. So I don't know what to rate this or whether its worth watching. Whatever it gets rated, its not an amazing story. But it could be interesting. As of right now, I don't know. It's only 6 episodes in (out of 11) so its too early to tell. It has potential to be something decent, its just wasting it so far.

Edit: Finished this series, and I can say I only finished it for the sake of finishing it. Not a great Anime. Between lame political messaging, obnoxious singing, overly artsy feel, and the boy-love, the storyline wasn't even that great. In fact, it was pretty mih. Just not a very good series.(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

--44. Deadman Wonderland----✗✗✗
    Q's Anime/Manga List 17486_deadman_wonderland

ㄨㄨㄨThis was a really good series. I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Warning, though, its extremely gory and extremely explicit in language and things that happen. A very dark series. But still just a really good one. The characters were awesome, the setting was insane, and the plot was super fast paced. My only complaint is they made what clearly should have been a 24 episode or maybe even longer series and made it only 12 episodes. But I am such a fan I might pick up the Manga and continue it, too. Still, this series was creepy and so keep that in mind. Not the creepiest series on my Anime list, but still a creepy one. And probably the bloodiest. The only one that compares to this in terms of blood is Gintama. Ah, well. Great series. Glad I got a chance to watch it. I just wish it hadn't ended so openly. Way too many characters and plots weren't ended well in this short series. Not that the series didn't end well, it just ended with a lot of questions.(2011)
    ╭━━━━━ ━━━━━╮
    ★★★★★★★★
    ╰━━━━━ ━━━━━╯

ㄨㄨㄨAnd this is the list of series I have completed or caught up in. It honestly seems shorter than I expected. You may notice few series below 6 stars is up there. Do I just have easy standards? Or do I only pick good series? Neither. I start a lot of series but I can't keep up with something if I don't like it. So I have started several Anime and just stopped when I got bored or didn't like it. Some examples: Zatch Bell (which was fun, but too kiddish), Basilisk, *Veritas (I read 80 chapters of Veritas before giving up on it because I hated the main character), Kampfer (one ep...I didn't like the premise, I was hoping for students fighting in school, not that weird business), Prince of Tennis, Mar, Rurouni Kenshin, Oomaki something, blood+, Monster, Bobobo-bobo-bobobo, and a tons of others (This list was longer when I first wrote it but I've since taken several series off of it since I've watched them since typing this). I honestly can't remember those, either. *Also, I read Veritas till I got caught up. However, I hated the main character so much (he is one of the most vulgar characters ever dreamed up) that I just couldn't keep up with the series. I am also a Huge Otters 11 fan, but I feel it was for sure a one shot~
    Note: I like longer series better than shorter ones. But hey.

╭━━ ━━╮
    coded by
    Yoyo
    ╰━━ ━━╯
    Original Text Of This Post
    Spoiler:

Last edited by quater on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:51 pm; edited 15 times in total (Reason for editing : Because I write too much...)
    Destinykil
    Destinykil
    Second Lieutenant

Male Posts : 584

Post by Destinykil Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:24 am

Hellsing is a great anime, especially if you watch the OVA series. I own the original box set and all the manga up to 11 i think or 10. I've watched the OVa on youtube, it's amazing. Bleach is a timeless classic. and lastly

KENICHI! Q, you were the one to turn me on to this anime and I fell in love with it. Apa is my fav character, thanks.

Try watching Bastard. The first anime i ever watched. Only 6 episodes long like FLCL but they are about an hour a piece. I think you will like it.
    Mikel
    Mikel
    Major

Male Posts : 5002

Post by Mikel Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:17 am

so hey, can you watch brotherhood without watching the first fma?
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Male Posts : 9949

Post by Yoyo Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:01 pm

Oh yeah. Brotherhood starts over from the beginning and has nothing to do with the first anime. Of the two, I'd tell people to watch Brotherhood and not the first one. ^^
    Mikel
    Mikel
    Major

Post by Mikel Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:50 am

cool.
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Post by Yoyo Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:11 am

Very much so. >:3
    Ghost
    Ghost
    Civilian

Male Posts : 21

Post by Ghost Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:42 am

Trend setter.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:49 am

Haha~ Get your list set up on here, too, Sammy.

Edited: Nothing to see here ^_^

Last edited by quater on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:13 am; edited 7 times in total
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Post by Yoyo Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:56 am

Everyone should have a list. That's what this section is for, apparently. xD
    Mikel
    Mikel
    Major

Post by Mikel Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:43 am

hm, sammy?
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Post by Yoyo Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:37 pm

SSS is Sammy the Bootlegger on here. ^^
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:17 pm

She just decided to change her name to something awesome.
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Post by Yoyo Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:10 pm

Something semi-new, rather. :3
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:38 pm

*Awesome, Yoyo.
    Mikel
    Mikel
    Major

Post by Mikel Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:09 am

ah.
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Post by Yoyo Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:48 am

That's a unique page-topper for you, Mikel. O:
    Mikel
    Mikel
    Major

Post by Mikel Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:43 am

you're really into that page-topping thing, hm?
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Commander

Post by Yoyo Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:54 am

They reaallllly drive me nuts~ ^___^
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Male Posts : 2458

Post by Kai Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:24 pm

I saw lock on. . an awesome manga!
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Wow! You're the only other person who ever has, Kai ^^
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:07 am

lol. . i randomly saw the manga and started reading it. . XD epic if i say so~
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:10 am

It's too bad they cancelled it 15 or so chapters in. It was a fun series.
    Kai
    Kai
    Captain

Post by Kai Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:16 am

only up to 18 chapters ~_~
    it was. . hahaha
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:18 am

Especially sucks that they replaced Lock On with SWOT.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:05 pm