Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

+12
neon kun
Bakura
TheFirstKnight
KarateKeyaQ
SammyTheBootlegger
Shadow Raver
Kai
Ghost
Yoyo
Mikel
Destinykil
quater
16 posters

Q's Anime/Manga List

SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 10 Empty Re: Q's Anime/Manga List

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:46 pm

O: Tokyopop is going away?! Who's going to pick up all their manga?!
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Post by Bakura Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:59 pm

At least the United States one is. They were having a huge sale selling off all of their remaining products, but I think that'd be done and over with by now.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

Post by quater Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Cha~

Been a while since I updated.

Probably because I haven't had much to add. I've kept up with my daily Animes. And that's about it.

Finished .Hack//Sign a while ago. And that's about all that's changed.

Making a little headway in Sket Dance. I like it. It's a bit childish, especially in the early episodes, but it's a good kind of childish. A lot like Fairy Tail. So cliche it's good, is that possible? Or simple-minded. Hm. Anyway.

Ah, other than that, I want to start Stein's Gate because someone (SAM) made me very curious about it. I have it open to start I just haven't taken the time to look at it, yet. Will when I get time. Need to quit getting distracted by American Sitcoms, I tell ya.
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Male Posts : 400

Post by TheFirstKnight Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:06 am

There's some anime I want to start watching but I'm pretty engrossed in watching some past seasons of normal tv.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:14 am

Which Anime have your interest, TFK?
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Post by TheFirstKnight Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:41 am

I'm interested in Axis Powers Hetalia, Code Geass, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, and Gurren Lagann. If I'll ever get to them is another story altogether.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:01 am

Code Geass is really great. Axis Powers Hetalia is pretty interesting. Gurren Lagann was good in its own way. Ghost In The Shell was alright, you might like it more than I did.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:32 pm

Caught up in Stein's Gate, which is currently on episode 14!

Loooove it. It's great. ^^ Really weird, sci-fi-ish, and it involves Time travel. Things I usually don't like in a series, but it's done really well, explained well, and doesn't get mind bogglingly intricate like Sci-Fi and Time Travel can tend to. The modern setting is a good part of it, too. Pretty art. But what makes it so great is the characters. They're amazingly unique and likable, each in their own way. There's about 8 main characters and the entire series is these 8 characters interacting with the main character, pretty much. But it works. ^^

The main character is crazy as they come, but he's impossible not to love. Ah~ More of this will be reviewed later, but this is definitely one of my fav series!
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:24 pm

If this was Facebook, I would 'like' that post.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:46 pm

Oh! We need to reimplement the little plus signs by people's posts so you can. ^_^

And thanks! :P
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:00 am

Finished catching up in Sket Dance. By the way, this series is in no way related to dancing, thank goodness.

I like it, for the most part. I don't know. I don't feel like it's reached it's max potential yet as an Anime. Like, I feel like there's better stuff to come. And I don't think this series is perfect, it definitely has flaws. It's very, very kid oriented. If Fairy Tail is the kid version of One Piece, then Sket Dance is the kid version of Gintama. And so, there's that to deal with and it can take away I think from some of the enjoyment but not so much that you can't still enjoy it. I don't know. I still enjoy young shows for the young. I'll watch Fairy Tail or Beelzebub just as quickly as I'll watch Soul Eater or Eden of The East. In fact, somedays I prefer the kid-style silly shows over the serious melodramatic ones.

So overall, Sket Dance is recommended. I feel like I need to see more of it, because I think it's an 8 star show or will be when it's all said and done. But right now, it's not quite there yet, so its only 7 stars. But it's still fairly young to base it on. I mean, this series will most likely end up with 50 - 100 episodes when it's over, so judging it on 14 episodes is premature. If I did that on Kenichi, Gintama (the show Sket Dance is most related to), or One Piece I'd have ranked those shows severely lower than they deserved.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:05 am

I just started Ao No Exorcist. So far, I really like it. ^^ But I'm only one episode in, haha.

Just finished episode 2. Now I really, really like it. A bit predictable at parts, but really good.

The way it describes Demons is kind of epic. Much more Biblical (and interesting) than the way most shows describe it.

Interesting! I can't wait to watch more of this one. No wonder its such a big hit, haha. ^^

Ao No Exorcist, Sket Dance, Stein's Gate, new Gintama. This Spring had a lot of new stuff that was pretty good, and here I thought there wasn't any.

quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:29 am

And 24 hours later I've finished catching up on Ao No Exorcist! It's only 13 episodes so far, so it wasn't that much to catch up on.

But I enjoyed it! It was hard to stop watching the series. It has a bunch of Anime elements you have to love. The overall idea is really interesting. It occasionally fillers... which is annoying. The fillers aren't that bad, they just feel fillerish and thus aren't important.

Also! Check after the credits of each episode. They leave scenes there that make the next episode make literally no sense if you haven't seen the scenes at the end of the previous episode....

(From ep 2 - 3 and ep 4 - 5 this was obnoxiously true).

Anywho!

Really enjoyed this one and am going to keep up with it.

So the three new Animes I keep up with (for those of you keeping track) are Sket Dance, Stein's Gate, and Ao No Exorcist. The weakest of these is Sket Dance, aimed at little kids and not quite reaching its full potential, but its still pretty good. I'd say it's on the same level as Beelzebub as far as Anime goes. Has occasional great moments, overall pretty humorous, but also aimed at kids and some fail/lame moments.

Stein's Gate is just really good story wise and Ao No Exorcist has all the lovely things we want in Anime. These two are great. I predict Stein's Gate will end around 23 - 28 episodes long, which I think is the perfect length for this kind of series.

Ao No Exorcist on the other hand is hard to predict. It could end at 26 episodes, but I foresee it having a 50 episode lifespan, maybe more.

However, the Manga is only 26 chapters in, and even though each chapter is pretty long and they're throwing fillers in here and there, it's pretty clear the Anime will catch up with the Manga soon. They could do what the original FMA and Soul Eater did, which was create a filler storyline and do their own thing. I could see that happening. Also, when HOTD and Gintama caught up with the Manga they stopped writing the Anime for a year. Bakuman stopped coming out from Spring to Fall. But, when D.Gray-man caught up with the Manga at 104 episodes they halted the series completely. They promised to bring it back but that was like, 4 years ago.

So what they'll do is anyone's guess, really. I have a feeling they'll take it a made up Anime storyline that feels right enough that we won't complain too much, hopefully.

Anywho! So that's what's new. That's really the only new Anime I think I want to look into. I might try Toriko, but it kind of looks just...goofy. The OP/Toriko Crossover just made it seem...I don't know. Silly and not really in a good way. There's also "Freezing" which I've heard about, but it doesn't really look like my cup of tea.

AH! I am a total liar, I was about to start No. 6, too. It's only two episodes so far, I saw it on Anime Crazy when I was looking for something. The reviews are all really really high promoters of it. So I thought, "Maybe this is good?" It's like, one of the few new series coming out this summer that looked semi-promising to me.

So yeah, haha, totally forgot about that guys! Will be doing No. 6, I think. But it's only 2 episodes, so, I won't be able to judge even after I've seen it till there's at least a few episodes behind it.

Um...So I guess there's a lot of new Anime I want to look at, my B! There's also a ton of old Animes I want to look at, too, so don't worry I will! I think.

I've started Legends of the Twilight .Hack// a while ago. I feel somewhat compelled to finish it. Mostly because I started it. And mostly because if I finish that one then the rest of the .Hack//'s will go by quicker. With the exception being the really long one, which is 26 episodes of Root. I feel at least if I get through all these, then I can say, "I finished it," With .Hack// and then put it away for good, ya know? Then I can move on and enjoy and look at other series.

But, right now I guess I've just been enjoying a lot of the newer series that are coming out. It was nice to have enjoyable characters, nice animations, and new-ish plot devices, eh Sign? ^^

Anyway~

Oh, before I forget, I have to hat tip/thank SSS for getting me interested in Stein's Gate by saying the main character was like me. He somewhat is, if you kinda left me out in the sun for too long or something. I also, humbly submit, that Mayuri is a lot like Jan in some ways.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:25 pm

I watched two episodes of No.6

It's........... weird....... really freaking weird...........

I guess I need to see more of it to decide if its any good or not... so far it's just creepy and weird...

But it has its alright moments, too. Hm..
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Post by TheFirstKnight Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Has the Q seen Black Lagoon?
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:09 pm

I feel like I started it once but never got very far in it that's for sure.

Is it good, TFK?
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:11 am

I also started watching Black Lagoon, but I stopped after a couple episodes. Not really sure why O_o

And I caught up on Stein's gate, oh man, I can't wait to see the rest of it.
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Post by TheFirstKnight Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:22 am

I enjoyed Black Lagoon. It looks like something the Q would be interested in.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:43 am

I'm not watching anything at the present. I think I'll look into it. ^^

Besides, it was on my super long list of series to look into.

Sam: Haha, right? SG is good! Watch Ao No Exoricst, next. :P (And that new episode of Gintama before they put a new one out already! :P :P )
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:41 am

I watched the first episode of Black Lagoon just now.

I definitely feel like I tried to start it once, however, this is definitely not the same show I started...

I like it. One episode in, but yeah, I think I like it. It's surprisingly short, though! Well, two seasons of 12 episodes a piece, so I guess its not that short. Hm. Will be looking forward to more of this, I think. ^^

Then after that (or maybe whilst I watch that) I need to pick off this Legend Of The Twilight Bracelet already, yeah.
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Post by TheFirstKnight Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:57 pm

I'm not sure I remember much about the first episode.

Spoiler:
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:04 pm

That's the second episode!
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Post by TheFirstKnight Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Oh, well oops!
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:23 pm

It's cool. It was kind of beast how they knocked it down, anyway. ^^

I'm on episode 7 of the first season right now. There's a good chance I'll be finished with it tonight and started on the second season.

Good eye, TFK. You were right in guessing that I'd like this, I love it. ^^

The only thing I dislike is the creepy ender music. Its weird sounding. Which is a tiny complaint, believe me ^_^ Love it!

Especially for a show that focuses on guns. I usually don't love shooter shows. Cowboy Bebop and Hellsing were like that, where it was all about a guy shooting people up. GITS was in some ways, too. My issue, I guess, is its very easy to have the main guy take down an army as long as he shoots faster, and its pretty much guaranteed the main character always shoots faster.

I'm totally chasing down a minor point that matters not at all except to me. My point mainly is its really good especially considering I'd usually not enjoy a series of this style. ^^
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Grunt

Post by TheFirstKnight Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:03 pm

My favorite character is probably Mr. Chang. I'm not sure if you have been introduced to him yet but I think he is pretty awesome.

The only minor issue that I had with Black Lagoon was Rock's whining, at least that is what I consider it when he objects to Revvy's methods.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:48 am