Anime Armageddon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Armageddon

The Funnest of Funs

+12
neon kun
Bakura
TheFirstKnight
KarateKeyaQ
SammyTheBootlegger
Shadow Raver
Kai
Ghost
Yoyo
Mikel
Destinykil
quater
16 posters

Q's Anime/Manga List

quater
    quater
    Commander

Male Posts : 7215

Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 12 Empty Re: Q's Anime/Manga List

Post by quater Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:30 am

I am making significant progress in both Ergo Proxy and .hack//Roots.

Ergo Proxy gives me the creeps a bit. It's very dark. However, I still really enjoy it. I just can't watch too much of it in a row. ^^; But I still like it.

.hack//Roots has been extremely enjoyable so far, especially in lieu of the earlier .hack// models. Is it a perfect Anime? No, not at all. But it is pretty good. I think it may even be an 8-8.5 rank series. What can I say? I am enjoying it and watching it quickly. ^^

So those two are kind of balancing each other out. The extreme darkness of Ergo Proxy (and not just theme, the actual lighting of the series sometimes makes it hard to see what's on the screen) is being balanced out by a pretty decent .hack//Roots.

And that's where we are. I'll try to knock out these two in the next couple of days and then see where I go from there.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Balance is goooood.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:33 am

Finished .hack//Roots! Woo~ Gonna throw a review up.

Started Liminality. Each episode is 45 minutes. It seems girl-oriented, like, much more Shoujo than Shounen. Ah, well. I'll keep going at it. Its only 4 episodes (which at 45 minutes a piece is like watching something 8 episodes long...). But, I am watching it while playing a video game, so it's not overly painful.

From there its just Quantum and DotHack is over.

Didn't get any farther in Ergo Proxy, but I am about halfway through it exactly (thanks to Megablock blocking me on the 12th episode and its 23 episodes long..)

And that's where we are. So I should be able to finish DotHack and Ergo Proxy soon. ^^ Which will be nice. (Especially DotHack)

Also! DotHack Roots is my 40th Anime!

I'd brag about how much Anime I've seen lately, but I haven't watched a series over 26 episodes or so in over two months (since I watched Gintama). So, even though I have seen some pretty long series this year: Kenichi (50 episodes), D.Gray-Man (103 episodes), Gintama (215 episodes + ). But some of the series I saw in the last batch of ten was FLCL (6 episodes), Twilight (12 episodes), Eden Of The East (11 episodes), and 3 new series each barely over ten episodes: Stein's Gate, Ao No Exorcist, Sket Dance. And none of the longer series I mentioned were in the last batch of ten, between 30 - 40.

But hey. I am still happy to have made it through 40 Anime. ^_^
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:35 pm

You're an anizombie ^^
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:36 pm

An anichamp, even!!
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:53 pm

Are you saying Anime makes me brainless and after other people's brains!?

Sounds about right.

And thank you, sorta ^^
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:13 am

Catching up on my Animes I missed while rushing through .hack//Roots.

Beelzebub was alright. Had some funny lines. It looks like next episode it gets back to the action. About time.

No. 6.... Watched the 4th episode of it.... Hm. The story is getting a lot better and more enjoyable and I like the setting and story. It didn't really feel forced to watch it... My only issue is the two main characters have a freakish yaoi thing going on it's kind of distracting to the plot... Not only because it's between two dudes (Which is annoying enough), but also because the romance just feels out of place in general(at least to the part of the story I like...). So we'll see how that continues.

Aw, that was a heart warming little Sket Dance. It's getting better. ^^ I really am starting to love this show.

Ah~ Fun One Piece. ^_^ Love that scene.

Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 12 Nightmare3

Okay! Caught up again! (until Ao No Exorcist comes out tomorrow; Gintama on Monday; Stein's Gate on Tuesday; the new mangas on Wednesday; Naruto and No. 6 and Sket Dance on Thursday; Fairy Tail on Friday + Bakuman Manga; One Piece and Beelzebub on Saturday; ...Ah! Endless cycle!)

Let's see. Need to finish Ergo Proxy, need to finish the DotHack's. Put up my review of Roots last night..

That's it. Once I finish Ergo Proxy and DotHack's I'll start up my next series. I've been kind of busy the past couple of days so I haven't been able to consume as much Anime. Plus I'm working hard on the next WOTNOPOLIS. I wanted to get it (the series) done before I moved and I've only got 2 and a half weeks left until that happens. And I have a lot to write... And I'm just going to get busier this next couple of weeks.

So, I am not sure if I'll be able to finish all the series I wanted to. But I'm gonna do my best to watch as much of it all as I can. Shakugan No Shana will probably have to be crossed off, though, as its 48 episodes long (2 seasons of 24) and if I watch that I won't be able to watch anything else. ^^;

Toriko, Rave Master, Darker Than Black, Black Butler Season 2 (and the Manga), Axis Hetalia World Series (need to finish this), DotHack's, and Ergo Proxy are all fair game, though. ^_^ And I plan to get as many of them finished as I can! O: *Cue dramatic Anime music*

This ought to do. It's called Celtic rock, apparently. I downloaded the third Fairy Tail ost last night and like the earlier two it is amazing. One of the best soundtracks ever, kids. Part of the reason why Fairy Tail is so epic. ^^
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Male Posts : 1208

Post by Bakura Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:19 pm

At this rate, you'll have seen more series than I have. xD
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:54 pm

Not likely. ^^

Finished Ergo Proxy last night. Will review when I'm less tired~

Will watch more Anime soon, I'm sure.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:02 pm

xD You just might. I've been picky lately. xP
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:57 am

Hm! We'll see, haha.

So I started watching a little Toriko today. I enjoy it, though I haven't gotten very far in it. It's nothing amazing, but the first episode was decent and that's rare for me to say about the first episode of something. I'd like to see where this goes. After the overwhelmingly dark series that was Ergo Proxy and the pretty serious drama of .hack//Roots it's nice to have a light-hearted show like this to watch. And Legend Of The Twilight and FLCL were light-hearted (moderately), neither of them were well liked so the last light-hearted show I really liked was watched over a month ago (Sket Dance). So its nice to get another.

Stein's Gate today was great as always. Seriously, there is never a bad one. And the new Mangas today were pretty fun. ^^

Anything else going on? Naw. I still haven't made much progress on "Liminality" but hey, I'll get through it sooner or later. After trying to finish Ergo Proxy and Roots for 2 weeks straight it's nice to enjoy something new and completely fresh again. Especially since the series itself is brand new, too. Love new-new series still freshly producing episodes.

And Happy News!
    Q's Anime/Manga List - Page 12 Episode-20-happy-fairy-tail-10932305-1276-720
    I found out (to my joy) that Fairy Tail is going to be continuing making new episodes. Last year they only got renewed up to the Edolas arc (which the series is just about finishing up) and, to be honest, the Edolas arc is a really lame arc. The current Manga arc is much more interesting and exciting. So I am very happy that it's going to be animated. I can't wait to see a few of these fights animated (you'll be seeing avatars, oh yes). Plus, this means another Fairy Tail Ost will be released!

I'm also reading (slowly) through the Black Butler Manga. I've about caught up with where the Anime and Manga begin to diverge and have another 45 chapters or so to read. So that should be fun. I like the Manga better than the Anime, I've decided.

Yep. *Insert stuttering that's all folks*
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16
    Grunt

Female Posts : 268

Post by CrispinFreemanWatcher16 Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Oh so the Kuroshitsuji manga is alot better than the anime, maybe i'll have to check that out then
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:26 am

Do it. ^^

Anime~ I watched some more Toriko today. Enjooooooying it~

I finished .hack//Liminality today.

Mih. Very mih. Oh well. Done. One more to go.

.hack//Quantum. And I've started it tonight as well. ^^
    It's really good. O_o;; The art is.... wow. And the story itself is pretty interesting. Lot's of action. Even though its a story about girls, it doesn't keep it from being pretty good. ^_^

So I won't be forcing myself through these last two episodes, it looks like.

I'm saving up my Animes for tomorrow. ^^ So it looks to be a promising Anime Saturday!

I have: Quantum to Finish (only 2 eps! I can do that~ Especially good episodes like these.) A new: No. 6, Shippuden, Sket Dance, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Beelzebub.

And a readible Bakuman. Talk about enjoyable. ^_^ If all my episodes come out :( Fairy Tail didn't come out today and it was supposed to and Bakuman should have come out today and it didn't! What are with my series, eh? Oh well.

Edit: There it is! Good. Scared me, Fairy Tail. Now if only Bakuman would appear.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:32 am

And I begin my Saturday night of Anime with .hack//Quantum!

And finished. Woooow. ^^ Really good. Man. I wish all the .Hack//'s had been like that. That should have been extended into a longer series, too! Really enjoyable. Its too bad it was an Ova, so the story wasn't perfectly fluid. But I really enjoyed it. Beautiful art. Beautiful action. Liked the characters. Liked the story. Man. That's what .hack// should have been like since day one. My only complaint might have been the over the top ending, but hey! It was nice to see something over the top like that in .hack// instead of morbid stoicness all the time.

Wow! I finally closed the .hack// tab on my comp! It's been up since... the end of May, maybe longer. About time. That tab was frustrating because whenever I wanted to clean up my browser and the ridiculous amount of tabs I had open (usually between 15 - 35 at any given time) I could never seem to close it because I didn't want to forget that I still had lovely .hack// to deal with.

By the way, I heavily suggest this method of Anime watching. Nothing encourages you to watch an anime more than leaving the tab open 24/7 of that tab. It's frustrating to have there junking up your other tabs. And it really emits a sense of accomplishment when you can click the X and say goodbye to that tab forever.

Ah! Perfect. The new Bakuman finally came out. Only really stinking late.
    But it was a good one! Intrigue! Nanime (very obvious, but still)! Exciting stuff.

Beelzebub! Just finished part 1. I hate that Anime Crazy separates them. But AFTV just put last week's episode back up and said it was a new episode. Anime Fail TV there. ^_^; I am so lame. Anywho. It's been good so far. I am surprised that after 29 episodes the main character is still trying to pawn the baby off on others, but hey.. And the show is so silly about some aspects of it. "The Six Holy Knights!" So scary saying their name sends people running. But its what makes the show fun.

And finished. Enjoyed it. Its nice to see Beelzebub getting back into some of the action parts. I was tired of the silly filler like episodes. They were funny, ish, but they weren't what made me enjoy Beelzebub in the first place, which was the action mixed with silly. Glad to see its back on track.

Now that I've noticed the Yaoi in this series I'm kind of embarrassed that I ever missed it in the first place. The intro has a pretty rainbow in it. Hm. My obliviousness to these things knows no bounds (which is a good thing). I guess my first instinct isn't to look at people as gays, but now that I realized how freaking Yaoi it is its infected everything about the show and is making it much harder to enjoy... so we'll see how this goes. (Talking about No. 6).

Ah! What's worse is there a perfectly cute girl for the main guy to like... why does he have to be like that =/ ...It's getting weird... yeah. Also, this show will make sure you never look at bumblebees the same way again. Blah. So much yaoi... Oh well. A little weird, but eh, could have been worse.

Ah~ Just finished Sket-Dance. I expected it to be one of the weaker Animes of the night but it was awesome! ^^ Very funny. Ridiculi absurdum redundus! Excellence.

Pretty good Fairy Tail. Just as I expected it to be. Lots of fun and pretty fighting from the cast. Though I wasn't really fond of the fight it highlighted, so it wasn't as big a deal. Excited for the Erza clash next week, though.

And this....is yep, filler. *Skips Shippuden*

And finished One Piece. Pretty good. I don't really love these episodes that focus on what the Strawhats are up to while Luffy is at Marineford/Impel Down and stuff. But then again, I didn't realy like it when it was in the Manga, either. It just felt slow to me. So, even though it was a solid episode and based off the Manga and all, it wasn't real thrilling.

But! There shouldn't be a whole lot of that Strawhat separation stuff left so it's no big deal. ^^

Just to finish the night strong, I watched one more Toriko for good measure. As its been, class A fun through and through. Good night! Some let downs (No. 6 was pretty mih and Filler again, Shippuden?) and some woo ones (Sket Dance was great and Beelzebub is back on track).

However, I don't think I'll save all my anime up for one night like this again... -___-;;
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:53 pm

quater wrote:By the way, I heavily suggest this method of Anime watching. Nothing encourages you to watch an anime more than leaving the tab open 24/7 of that tab. It's frustrating to have there junking up your other tabs. And it really emits a sense of accomplishment when you can click the X and say goodbye to that tab forever.

I usually just watch the majority of my series in a single sitting / standing / day.

For example, I watched 12 episodes of Kodomo no Jikan, and all of it's OVA's, then read the manga all the way up to chapter 68 ish (which is all that was out at the time... I really hate this once a month release date. x.x), in one 18 ish hour period. Unless it's longer than my waking day (which is closing in on 20 hours, woo!), I could perhaps go one month with an entire series a day (may or may not include OVA's and movies).

That might actually be a fun plan for one of my months after my first few trials. Just add 30 some anime to my list in a month. xD Maybe more since some series are incredibly short (FLCL, Puni Puni Poemon, etc...).

Could just add it to Firefox homepage though? That way, it doesn't clean out your tabs when you're busy with something else, then just delete it later? Maybe... At least, that's how I'd do it, because I never save history on this computer, or cookies, or flash history. But I'm paranoid, so this is expected, yes?

lol @ your obliviousness to the yaoi.

I think part of the problem you may be having with .hack//, is a lot of the characters, despite in game appearance, are still teenagers. The few adults that are in the game tend to either be crazy, or if you think about Bear from .hack//Sign, kind of a "deep thinker". That alone is bound to cause drama. Some online games, people still get mad if you take things out of the chest when they want it. I'd imagine social drama in the games would be even worse. xD
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:00 pm

Uh, wow.

Um, I use Google Chrome, and I leave my tabs open 24/7. I don't save them so nothing to worry about..

Yeah, I am oblivious to it.

No, it has nothing to do with the characters being adults or teenagers. All the characters in Ao No Exorcist are teenagers and I love them. It just has to do with bad storylines and unlikeable whiny-emo characters. You can have teenagers without them being annoyingly emo or something. //Sign just decided that it couldn't.

And Bear was one of the characters I liked the most out of //Sign. Occasionally he was melodramatic but usually he was one of the more chill guys.
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Finished catching up in Toriko! Review is posted. Love that series. Seriously.

Reviews of Ergo P, Dot Hack's, and Toriko are up. ^^

Alright~ After next week's episode of (this weeks?) No. 6 I will officially add it to my list. Since its only going to be 11 episodes total and next weeks will be like 6, it'll be halfway through, so safe to add, I guess. Plus starting next week I am not sure how much of it I can see easily.

Two more series I want to watch before I leave next week. Rave Master and Darker Than Black. I think I'll start Darker Than Black next (Because SSS is insistent and I'd like to get a dark series done then do Rave Master, which I expect to be light if its like Fairy Tail at all).

So I just looked up DTB and its like, 3 series. One is 4 episodes, one 12, and one 25...I'll try to watch the 25 episoder.

So I'll focus on the 25 episoder, yeah, not sure about these other smaller series....
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:05 am

Watched 6 and a half episodes of DTB before I got Mega-blocked. For a second time.

Holy crap. This series is good.
    SammyTheBootlegger
    SammyTheBootlegger
    Major

Post by SammyTheBootlegger Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:11 pm

Bwahahaha!
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:25 pm

DTB?
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:39 am

Got mega-blocked again. Yeah, DTB. Darker Than Black.

Waiting for another video to buffer so I can finish. When I do I'll be on episode 20. So yeah, I kinda like this one a lot. Good recommend, Sammy. Not that you ever let-down. ^^

I might try to watch the other seasons and stuff at this rate~ We'll see. I still have to finish this one and I'd still like to watch Rave Master. As well as finish Axis World Powers, and maybe even catch up on the Black Butler Manga. And of course finish WOTNOPOLIS. A lot to do but I'm making good progress it looks like. (Not to mention things like packing...)

Oh, and some friends of mine talked to me about picking up Rurouni Kenshin. So I added it to my list. I'm not planning to watch it. I've tried watching it before and didn't get very far in it. But reading it? It's about 250 chapters, so maybe if I get some free time I might be able to pull it off. So yeah, add that onto my long list of eventuals. No soon plans for it, but hey, I've heard its a good series so why not someday it. After all, I usually get to my somedays. (Cowboy Bebop, Gintama, DotHack, Ergo Proxy, Hellsing, Code Geass, Durarara!!, Eden Of The East, Gurren Lagan, FLCL = Just a few series that I put off quite a while before getting into. If I went into my full list it'd be nearly every Anime on the list. ^^ Haha, now that I think about it, Darker Than Black fits, too)
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Ah, okay. lol

Wasn't Rave Masters cut short?
    quater
    quater
    Commander

Post by quater Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:18 am

I finished the first Season of Darker Than Black and plan to look into subsequent seasons.

Rave Master is 51 episodes long. Holy crap! I thought it was like, 10 episodes. I don't have time for a 51 episode series. Shoot. This makes me rethink my plans...

Oh well. ^^ I'll figure something out here.
    Bakura
    Bakura
    First Lieutenant

Post by Bakura Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:21 pm

I just remember that Rave MAster had to be cut off mid-arc. Even if you did watch them all, it'd be a serious cliff hanger. I don't even think the manga finished either.
    Mikel
    Mikel
    Major

Male Posts : 5002

Post by Mikel Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:08 am

the manga finished. so said jan.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:01 am